why do people take the easy way?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ghost001985, Mar 30, 2014.

1. ghost001985

as a former military member this make no since to me. which trained me to take out the biggest threat first!

ive seen 48+ ally take crossroads watchtower then go to the broken arrow road, instead of the crown? the crown are ALWAYS great fights! but no they want to face the 1-12 enemies!

the main point of this question is. a group of tanks and 1 harasser, an enemy tank comes by they start shooting the harasser, the group breaks up and the enemy tank follows the harasser. is it really wroth the couple points from that harasser, and lose your tank from the others tanks, then to try to take out one of those tanks?
  2. palto1826

yeah, in that case the risk/reward probably didnt make sense but sometimes if ive been in my mbt and want to do something else ill find myself doing whatever...not saying this is the case here but maybe
  3. EvilKoala

People avoid The Crown because its not fun, not because its hard. The new Quartz Ridge is hard to take and there were hour(s) long battles there all weekend.. because its a fun place to fight.
    • Up x 1
  4. FigM

The Crown used to be very popular back in the day, it was a real strong hold, it was very hard to take and people went there all the time.

But SOE didn't like that. They kept nerfing the Crown again and again until people stopped coming.
    • Up x 5
  5. ghost001985

im not a big fan of the new Quartz Ridge, dont get me wrong i like it. but i think theres should be more cover in roofs, points, and from the higher levels to the ground.
    • Up x 1
  6. ghost001985

i mush rather fight at the Crown then the new Quartz Ridge.
  7. minhalexus

I do not feel like I'm getting anywhere if I'm fighting at the crown.
    Its near impossible to capture if there is equal population there. Kind of like how it was impossible to capture the old Quartz Ridge with equal population.
  8. ghost001985

Quartz Ridge has gotten better since i found a great anti-vehicle mana turret sniping spot! but we are getting off topic here.
  9. Phyr

Back in the day people went to the crown because it was the only base with a large fight. You kill the harrasser first because the difference in ease to kill is greater then the difference in amount of threat. Guaranteed kills are better than possible kills.
  10. ghost001985

now we are getting some where.

see but the harasser its not a guaranteed kill, a harasser has the greater speed and movability, so with a good driver, that harasser come be gone befor you could kill it. so your just wasting time, ammo, and positioning!
  11. Phyr

Maybe. It depends on the situation. If one of them is out in the open and the other is tucked in near cover you focus on the one in the open. In an FPS you should always try for the highest chance to kill.
  12. ghost001985

oh and thats something else a harasser is a smaller target, compared to a MBT!

but your right it depends on the situation!
  13. Phyr

If a harasser starts taking damage they sometimes freak out and wreck themselves, like ESFs. MBT's usually just back up a few feet and repair, resulting in wasted ammo.
  14. JudgeDeath

Good old crown ... I miss you so :(

• Up x 1
  15. TheShrapnelKing

Attacking the Crown in force is actually very risky, because if you take it the enemy will notice this large enemy force that can go down many different lattice links, prompting them to attack you from all sides. This is why, ironically, the Crown, despite being a lattice link hub, is very rarely the scene of major battle because taking it in force opens up a can of worms.

So people prefer to pass it by after they take crossroads watchtower or ceres hydroponics rather than risk betting bogged down there.
    • Up x 1
  16. ghost001985

key word there "sometimes" ! ! !
  17. Modern Ancestor

You make failed assumption that people would do rational or tactical decisions on their own. And also mobility or willingness to use it comes into play often. Maybe their tactic was to cripple the enemy by isolating troop consolidations but i doubt it.:) Since that goes too much to rational thinking.

You know well what kind of Fubar is result when bunch of selfproclaimed napoleons go out.:D
  18. Prudentia

Effort and hard work and risk of losing followed by satisfaction
    OR
    Satisfaction

humans are very, very good at lying to themselves, so aslong as they get a message that they succeded they can tell themselves how much effort they put into that win to get the satisfaction of hard wotk paying off.
    after mustarde started the discussion on Thermal on vehicles: Thermal is easymode. it completly takes place of a skill. but if the player says to himself that seeing an enemy doesn't require skill, he also believes his point and click adventure is the outer bound of skilled play.
  19. Sovereign533

I would say that you should forget this part. If you're being MAX crashed, don't go for the biggest thread. But go for their support. It's more effective.
    Other then that, I don't know. I specifically joined an outfit so I'd be up against something difficult but with the chance to beat it.
  20. Irathi

enemy aircraft > MBT's > Sunderers > Lightnings > Harassers.