Why do MAX Suits have bad Defense?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Gunivar, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Liewec123

flak and kinetic should both be pre-built in to max now with the new hilarious cost,
    also agreed about the medics, i died in the middle of a tower (insta death out of nowhere from a c4-LA ofcourse) i was in a busy spot that loads of allies run by, there were LOADS of medics, i waited 5 minutes with no rezz before giving up and spawning my heavy.
    • Up x 2
  2. Erendil

MAX suits don't have bad defense. Only bad players that try to use them.

The survivability of MAXes in PS2 is quite close to what it was in PS1. Actually better, since in PS1 just about every softie that wasn't an infil carried AV weapons. In PS2, unless you walk into a C4 trap every single softie you encounter that isn't HA is basically a free kill.

Is the cost currently a little high? Yeah, I'll give you that. It should probably be in the 200-250 range. But given that they can be quickly repped back to full health with support, can heal themselves with auto-repair, are revivable, can go indoors, and can already take several times more bullets than any other player class, IMO they don't need any more defense than they already have.
    • Up x 3
  3. Naithe

It really is, maxes have 80% inate resistance to small arms fire, and 75% resistance to snipers.

infact maxes have resistances to most forms of damage, aside from av explosives. (tank mines av launchers etc).
    but then again, that only barely makes up for the fact that maxes have 2000 health without any resistances.
  4. Liewec123

as NC max you're pidgeonholed into being constantly 10m away from your enemy, you'll LA's hurl C4 further than that, if your charge is on the loooong cooldown or you don't have charge you're screwed
    [IMG]
    without charge an nc max is screwed
    versus the range C4 can be thrown.
    • Up x 1
  5. Roarboar

ANd you die instantly to every explosion out there, which is already what causes 95 % of the MAx's deaths. Why the hell would you run with kinetic.........................
  6. LibertyRevolution

I don't die in my max suit to explosions, I die when I get rushed by so many guys that I can't take them all out in time.
    I use my Max as AI mostly and AA when needed, I hardly ever use it as an AV platform..

Flak armor does not protect against direct damage... If a HA hits you with a rocket, it hurts just the same.
    If people are getting close enough to you to C4 you then your doing something really wrong..

So why NOT run max kinetic?

My max suit always last me long enough to be able to pull another as soon as I'm dead.
  7. Roarboar

I use my MAX for AI purposes as well. And rockets deal less damage when using flak armor, though not a great deal since only the indirect damage is mitigated. Needless to say, the last time I died to pure small arms fire while wearing a MAX suit was probably in 2012.

If you do not get hit by c4 then you are only spawn camping and thats all there is to it. Either that or you run with a zerg and you outnumber the enemy 25:1.
    Or you wallhack and can tell beforehand that an LA is sitting on the rooftop just outside the spawn waiting for you to come out.

Saying that you can avoid getting hit by c4 is as ******** as saying you can dodge 100 % of the bullets in the game.

EDIT: I just checked your profile and I discarded your post as serious post entirely. Considering how poorly you use the max suit I can hardly even compare myself to you. You are just 1 of those people who utterly waste max suits.
    • Up x 1
  8. LibertyRevolution

I don't max on my NC... I max as my TR. :p
    I don't run with any zerg, I run in small squads of 3-8 people where my friends eng and medic me as needed..

I stay inside buildings where the point/SCU/Gen is..
    I lockdown in a corner with a roof over my head, with dual mercys aimed at the door with my friends watching my back.

I actually just unlocked a grinder (cheapest second AI you can buy) and that shield on my NC max the other day..
    I got tired of hearing how UP it was and went to test it out for myself.

It doesn't feel UP to me..
  9. Shadowsun

LOl, MAX suits are weak? What the hell? I guess most of you play MAX only when it comes to playing indoors/objective i.e. easy mode,you feel safe enough and you can insta gib( insta gib I mean you can easily do up to 1.3k dmg in 2secs without recoil) from up close anyone except other MAX.

Every average infantry(HA,medic,LA) knows what can 1 max do 1v1 to them if they aren't fast enough.
    Most of the time if you are sloppy as HA 1v1 against other MAX you get instagibbed from close(see ZOE), if you have a plan, you live longer.

C4's can be easily avoided if you don't go near obvious places where you will have a hard time, unless you have someone to back you up( read engineer), thing is you don't need kinetic armor on MAX at all, why would you need it, if the only threat are rocket launchers and C4s ( LA's need much time to drop 2C4's on you, need 2 to be droped and activated before dying, that's around 3-4seconds that means that you actually have solid amount of time to bail or to kill the LA).

Dedicated MAX players know about he stagger effect; when they get fired up close from LMG's and other automatic weapons and they feel that bullets don't do damage or don't hit even though you aimed at them, they know that it's enough to start moving and then shooting again to break it up, but most aren't aware of it.(this happens mostly when you get shot at first from close)

MAX suits are already no skill bs( any MAX with a charge ability can move up close to any infantry 1v1 and insta gib them while they can't run away from it)and can become a real problem when they have dedicated engineers behind them.

Guys don't be funny, they can take 2 shrike(default) rockets if they have flak maxed and still stay alive(thats why I use decimator). But yes, resource cost is kinda over the top (AA max can't be spawned when you really need it) especially for a free player.

This thread is a joke.
    • Up x 1
  10. Roarboar

cool story bro except you cant survive 2 shrikes with max flak armor. Not even close, it overkills by about 30 % of your health even. And I know because I literally only play MAX unlike yourself.
    • Up x 1
  11. Stormlight666

They AREN'T durable. When 2 guys with SMG's can chew you out in 10 seconds you know bullet resistance is CRAP.

Also 1 Harasser, Tank, etc. can finish you off with a direct hit. Same goes with base turrets. ALSO C4 still destroys you in one hit.
    • Up x 1
  12. Shadowsun

LOL this post proves that this thread is a joke, you can survive 2x shrike rockets, it will leave you to 3-4% of total HP if you have Flak armor maxed, lv5. Tested it and knew it from before, after the patch which buffed kinetic and flak upgrade.
    Since all maxes have same stats, that goes same for VS one, and you are a MAX player?cool story brother
    I didn't write 'thats why i use decimator' for nothing m8, simply because it does 300 more dmg than shrike/default which does 1700.
    MAXes are problem, they were problem even before patch that buffed cert upgrades and you want them even better now?
    You ignore what I wrote before that 2x shrike, why? well i don't care really, good players know what I have written, you don't.

I have 3-4 percent playtime as MAX, only use it when it's critical, mostly because i find them boring as hell, 0 skill, 0 effort if you have engineer, you don't even have to aim because your starting aim is at infantry's heads since MAX is taller, only thing you can learn is durability,how much you can take dmg, when to go back, calculations.
    Also 2 c4's are required to blow full hp MAX with maxed flak.

0 skill bs, deal with that fact m8.
  13. DeathTollDavid

I'd like to be able to update my max with better armor BUT also balance that by making it cost more resources.

I agree. I dont expect to die as fast as I do as a max. At least not one I've updated the unlocks for.
  14. keniwaful

I have an idea!
    make maxes 100 resources again

I'm serious though, 350 inf resources for a suit of, "armor" that dies from any 3 man squad of infantrymen as well as a single charge of c4, which is also notoriously slow and can't escape from the line of fire? As it's so slow, you'd expect it to be able to survive a direct onslaught of at least a couple of people, with engineers and allies behind you. Surprise, surprise, it's absolutely useless.
    (at least not for the cost of spawning one)
  15. Roarboar

Didnt read your post but you cant survive 2 shrikes.
  16. Shadowsun

Test it m8, and see it for yourself, you'll survive with 2.5bars left
  17. SlaineMor

I've spent the certs on max kinetic and get fragged/rocketed/c4'd etc also got max flak resist and get shot to death... issue is the situational nature of the armour! key issue now is MBT resource costs equivilant is too high!!
    If you're playing for more than 10 mins and want to use grenades, C4 etc on your other classes you don't have the 350 needed to pull a max...
    • Up x 1
  18. Adept

Agreed. Frankly I don't like the gambling aspect of this.
    So I'm running now with maxed flak on all factions (all options maxed btw), 'cos if I'm outgunned with small arms then I'd die regardless of ballistic armor anyway, but I hate dying with a tanky class instantly, so Go Flak armor!
    Nano repair is.. for the times when I'm drunk or when I'm assigned to guard a tunnel exit from a spawn location in a very small squad.
  19. FrontTowardEnemy

THIS. Plus, try dealing with that with ZOE active. 30% less EHP. Fail. It's like you're a heavy with less mobility and slightly more firepower.
  20. Asswhupper