Why do MAX Suits have bad Defense?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Gunivar, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Stormlight666

No way the other factions should get Fractures. They have their own weapons. Fractures go well with the other TR weapons.

Wish, instead of ZOE, they gave VS jump jets and gave them a gun that was also like PS1's where they could change between AI rounds and AV rounds.

And NC just had their bubble shield back, and adjustable shotties which could change between faster short range buckshots to longer range slugs.
    • Up x 2
  2. Stormlight666

PS1 had Maxes that worked well. Weapons, abilities, autorun, a fricking ZOOM button.

The PS2 devs took none of it (except weapon variations and cheap knockoff abilities) and gave us what we have. 350 Resource piles of crap that a PS1 MAX would chew out in 5 seconds.
    • Up x 4
  3. KnightCole

Umm, no? This isnt Halo and MAX are not...Hunter, s I think they are called....

MAX I feel are plenty tough enough. We dont need an infantry man that takes hits as well as teh Harrasser. MAX already take 2 rockets to kill. Do we all really want MAX taking thousands of rounds and 4 rockets to drop?

I guarentee the next thing we would see is MAX users back crying that they cant kill MAX suits, even with AV weapons to the head.

Maybe make it so Headshot damage does not do double dmg to MAX suits, but as for straight up buffing MAX armor? No...

Its headshot dmg that kills max suits so much. I know I am able to pretty much hipfire a MAX suit's head with my Gauss SAW while dancing around and dodging him. Their size makes them very easy to hit.

MAX suits could use a slight buff to weapon accuracy. Then you woudlnt need to fear the enemy, you kill the enemy.
    • Up x 1
  4. DolanMolder

WHY THE HELL! Don't we just power up the suit slots??? wow 150 Certs kinetic armor, oh it only adds 1,5% to the basic 80% small arms defence? hmm... Repair system it is!
    make the kinetic armor give you 10% extra resistance! It's only fair.
    Lower the shotgun damage,(really? small fractures of iron/plasma/gauss(or however the **** you call that stuff) damaging a big ******* robot??? thefu)
  5. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Why you no maths?
    Here's a hint:
    Level 5 Kinetic reduced damage by 7.5%, to a total of 12.5%.
    That means instead of 20 you only take 12.5 damage from a 100 damage hit, a 37.5% reduction. Maxed Kinetic Armour increases your effective HP against small arms by 60%, or quasi 6000 hp.
  6. Sordid

You make it sounds as if taking two rockets somehow makes a MAX extremely tough. But that's just two enemies. You're in a MAX suit, this hulking great powered exosuit with armor plating up the wazoo, you turn a corner, there are two heavies with rocket launchers, and bam, you're dead instantly. Does that sound reasonable to you?
    • Up x 2
  7. DolanMolder

Sorry, i mean 10% extra per level of Kinetic armor XD i didnt get you at first.
  8. KnightCole

Well, it sounds more reasonable then a single guy walking around unafraid of anything mowing through hordes of guys, basically unable to be killed, taking 10 rockets and 1500 machinegun rounds to bring down. Especially when in the big picture, anyone can spawn one.....wouldnt that basically be the BFR everyone is soooo against ever seeing again? Big killer anti everything, invulnerable killing machine. Except now this one is free of charge and spawns every 10 minutes...everyone has one by default.

2 rockets? 3400dmg? yeah, it sounds about right for an infantry guy to die in 2 HEAT rockets to the face. Its not like MAX suits are as well armored as a MBT or even the lightning. THey have armor prolly equal to the *** end of a Lightning or Harraser...

Could MAX suits use maybe an extra dmg reduction vs bullets? Maybe. They are stil plenty durable.
    • Up x 1
  9. Takoita

While I'm irritated that some LA can pop in and take off ~20% HP out of my KA certed MAX with his SMG in the time it takes me to reload my guns and escape alive, I'll be much more interested in zoom/IRNV slot, travel mode and finally giving the AI guns different ranges to work with. You know, the things the MAX update was supposed to be about.
    • Up x 1
  10. DolanMolder

The AI guns HAVE different ranges to work with... just look at the stats.
  11. DashRendar

Who said anything about 10 rockets and 1500 MG rounds? Fantastic strawman. Textbook even.
    • Up x 2
  12. Sordid

The problem of everyone being able to pull a MAX is solved very simply by introducing a cert line for them so you have to spend a thousand certs before you can even have one. And no, I don't think it would be killer anti-everything. You only have two guns, so there's always going to be one thing you're weak against. Two if you decide to specialize and put the same type of gun on both arms. MAXes in their current state seem extremely weak to me for what they are. They're supposed to basically be walking tanks but they feel like just a slightly tougher soldier. All the classes are light classes except heavies, who are actually medium, and the MAX is the heavy.
    • Up x 1
  13. Casterbridge

By itself no I don't think Max Units need any kind of defense buff. They are quite tough given the level of firepower they have access to, the fact they can be easily repaired while in combat, and even revived if killed.

Now if the ability to revive them was removed then yeah making them tougher could be reasonable.
    • Up x 1
  14. GraphicJ

I don't mind MAXes getting an armor upgrade just as long they don't make them relivable as they used to be.
  15. Anvildude

Free? FREE? Did you not know about the recent change, that MAXes now cost as much as a LIGHTNING? They're plenty expensive. And rather few people do or can spawn them, because they use Inf rec- which everyone would rather use for grenades and mines and heal kits.
    • Up x 1
  16. KnightCole

Well, they still shouldnt be uber walking gods. Do you want ZoE Max suits walking around that also get the durability of an MBT? I sure as hell dont. They needed to be higher priced anyway. IDK about 350 or w/e, but 100? hmm, maybe 200. Either way, they are plenty tough enough.

I think they should be immune to headshot damage, but dont they already have an 80% resistance to small arms fire? I mean, the NC6 only does like 40 dmg to it per bullet? Then there is armor upgrades to further increase its resistance? So it takes to Anti Tank rockets to bring it down, id say thats actually pretty good.
    • Up x 1
  17. KnightCole

Well, people seem to think 2 rockets or 200 machinegun rounds is to weak.....so, it brings me to wonder, what would you all consider "tough enough"? You all mention how the BFR was to mcuh power in one guy's hands.....so you all want the MAX to be the new BFR? Except the MAX is infantry, it can get in buildings and what not. Atleast the BFR is exposed to everything and its big as a house.

So it would seem like people are asking for a mini BFR for the MAX. So, 10 rockets, 1500 MG? That would be good enough?
  18. Takoita

Hugging/spitting distance you mean? My SMG can reliably hit things farther away than the supposedly long range my MAX has.
  19. Gunivar

I'm not asking for god mod, I just want to have the defensive ability to make up for the fact that a MAX costs 350 resources, is a big target and can be instantly taken down by an explosive (Flak Armor isn't so great when you don't have a pocket engy.)
    There is also a dearth of competent medics.
  20. Chubrokoli

How about that you deal only damage if you shoot them to their head and at the back and make them immune to small arms fire everywhere else?