[Suggestion] Why do I need to pay for a UI update?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Goodkat, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Goodkat

This being forced to pay for additional inventory slots is ********. I was excited when I heard about them as my gun collection is now large enough (10 guns for Light Assault / Engineer bought with REAL money) that load outs can be a big pain. This would have been the solution, Now, however, you want me to pay $35 for the seven extra slots to be able to easily access them?!?! Total ********.

My new solution to having too many guns to easily access? Stop buying guns from you :)

Note, This thread is separate from the other one on the subject because that one covers several issues and I am focusing only on the most recent inventory slot UI update in GU12.
  2. Dis

Because capitalism.
  3. Blarg20011

Yeah, you would think that they would give us one or two more loadouts free, for getting to like BR 25 or 30.
  4. AtheistPeace

It's a free game, if you want stuff you can buy it.
  5. Goodkat

I have bought more than $130 in camo, guns, and boost. I will not buy a UI update.
  6. ent|ty

If that's true, that is insane. Insane.

note: the ui update thing lol, i responded to wrong post
  7. Benton!

[IMG]

You already get the game for free. Stop whining that SOE needs to pay their bills. Game development is not cheap.
    Besides, you get the UI update free. You just dont get extra loadout slots free...
    • Up x 8
  8. Consumer

I definitely think it's valid to charge money for cosmetics, weapons, boosts, and even character slots. Hell, I even think charging for the Flare Gun was alright, even if it would have been more festive to make it a holiday-only item available for all.

But it's incredibly childish to label this as "sense of entitlement". There are valid reasons for and against.

And the reasons for are following the rationalization of other F2P games that players specifically dislike over payment models from games like League of Legends or Tribes: Ascend. Even League of Legends, the game PlanetSide 2's free-to-play model is supposedly based off of, doesn't sell organization aids (rune/mastery pages) for only RP.

If they want to make money, keep putting out interesting weapons and cosmetics and players will gladly facilitate the developers by buying them. For something so simple as loadout slots that many players would find improves the flow of the game, it's unacceptable.

I'm not one to use petty colloquialisms or memes as you apparently are, but I would wholeheartedly categorize this as a "cash grab".
  9. Goodkat

They can pay their bills with real content, not UI improvements that make it easier to access the real content.
    • Up x 1
  10. MasonSTL

Exactly, its just a convenience addition. It will not gave someone an advantage over you or hinder your ability to play the game so that's why they are charging you for it. Granted it might take you a few more seconds to pick what you want for a load out if its something that you do not have saved already but that really isn't a big deal.
    • Up x 2
  11. BlackDove

In a capitalist system, producers and consumers both have a moral obligation: to only produce and buy the best their money can afford, not to produce and buy the shoddiest they can.

And "because capitalism", don't pay for something that sucks.

Don't support companies that engage in practice that you disagree with and guess what: they'll have to change or disappear.

That's the beauty of a free market(although America and most of the world has no such thing as a capitalist/free economy anymore).
  12. Brusilov

You don't have to buy.
    • Up x 1
  13. bestan

I have premium membership and I will continue to only use my three base loadouts just to piss off people like you.

With the new attachement system, more than three loadouts isn't required.
    • Up x 1
  14. AnotherNoob

This kind of NC behavior needs to stop, vote TR!
  15. Tommyp2006

Right, the game remembers your last selected attachments for each weapon, plus you have those nice arrows for quickly cycling through weapons. More weapon slots aren't really a big deal, I have no problem with them charging for them.
  16. Nakor

Its almost as if the whole point of free 2 play is that the developer can divide their product into small pieces for individual sale and then mark up the overall product anywhere from several hundred to several thousand percent.
  17. Garbageman

I have a subscription, and because of it, I just got 3 more slots than I already had. I now have a total of 6 which is more than enough. I don't understand complaining about getting extra stuff for the same price just because you wanted even more extra stuff.
    • Up x 1
  18. Tobax

No it's not it's perfectly acceptable and common in F2P games, all free players get their 3 slots so you can do your setup and play the game perfectly fine with no disadvantage, that's what playing as free is.
    Its the paying members that get the extra stuff like extra loadout slots, easier UI setup, extra characters, extra daily sale and so on... since those people paying a monthly sub are keeping the game alive, frankly we always knew that these extra slot's would be for members only the same way that the extra characters were, so why is anyone surprised when they had already said it.
    • Up x 1
  19. Benton!

Yeah this is what I was wondering. I don't have a sub and I don't care, i'm glad SOE is actually implementing it, even if it costs money. It means people that REALLY want it can get them, and they don't bother people who don't need them.
  20. KlyptoK

Please go away.

I'm sorry that you're cutting yourself because SOE isn't going to give you everything free. But geez.