Why do hacked terminals have to blink?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by OldMaster80, Jun 29, 2015.

1. OldMaster80

This change they made years ago seems to be totally unfair to me.

One of the most common complains about Infiltrators is there is no reason to infiltrate. One is there: hacking, which can disrupt and slow the enemy a lot, if done well. Stalkers can do that pretty well but it's not easy:
    • we have to move very slowly;
    • stay immobile not to screw the deep cloak state;
    • avoid uncloaking becayse it's noisy;
    • take cover whenever it's possible;
    • uncloak to hack;
    • fit the Sensor Shield implant to escape all those spotters.
    • Stay away from all those Flashlight everyone has on the secondary gun.

After all this effort, why does the minimap have to give away our position like that? I think if an Infiltrator manages to get inside a base and hack some terminals, then the base owners deserve to get the surprise only when they see the terminal has changed colour.

I think the game is now mature enough to revert this feature.
  2. Scrye

You can use the blinking to your advantage more often than not. Especially if you use Motion Spotter on your Stalker. You do use Motion Spotter when you play Stalker, don't you?

A hacked terminal or one that is being hacked attracts enemies like nothing else. So use your recon tools to their fullest. Deploy them before you commence hacking. That way you can see if anyone is sneaking up on you. If they are, simply move away and prepare your ambush. Or use proxy mines.

Or even better is fully hacking it and waiting for the inevitable counter-hack. At which point you nab a kill, re-hack the terminal (if necessary) and wait again. Of course not forgetting to change position and have an escape route planned should the guy you just killed get mad and bring HA with flashlight.

All that said, this class would feel much more like an actual infiltrator (rather than sniper/smg ninja class) with your suggestion, so I'm all for it. Just that it's quite fun to make the most of the somewhat questionable game features as they are.
    • Up x 1
  3. Carl1879

I have started putting proxie mines down if I am going hacking it tends to draw players in and they think they can get a free kill if your mid hack so they are usually not cautious and go boom works a treat.
  4. Navron

You know you can still turn and shoot while hacking, right? You can't move away from the terminal but as long as you're holding "E", the hack will continue. You do have a chance to defend yourself.