Why do flash grenades have a timer as long as a frag while concussion are on impact?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Angry Scientist, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Angry Scientist

They're both breaching grenades. One sees extensive use, the other is hardly ever used. I can't honestly remember the last time I was actually flashed by the enemy. It's more common to flash myself or my teammates. Part of it is the nerf they got. The second is that you're forced to wait, twiddling your thumbs while the fuse does its thing. You know. As a non direct combat class. Really makes sense.
  2. z1967

Bounce it off corners? Idk, they always came off to me as worse than frags anyway.
  3. Frostiken

I didn't even know flash grenades existed until today when I went 'why is my screen white?'

Concussion grenades, IMO, are broken as hell. The only counter to them is an implant that I've never even seen. We don't even get the option of buying the implant, it's all down to random luck... and of course, it sucks up the implant slot, so you're basically punished in some capacity for daring to have a counter to it.

Honestly if I had to name the single most infuriating, game-ruining, unbalanced thing in the game, it would be the conc grenades. (#2 would be the Heavy Assault in general) They render you utterly, totally helpless. It would be one thing if they just messed up your vision, but no, I'm trapped in place and can't even aim too?

**** these things. I've ragequit this game more over conc grenades than anything else. It doesn't even matter how useful they are or not in the long run, THEY ARE NOT FUN WHATSOEVER.

It's about as 'fun' as watching my character in World of Warcraft get mind controlled and run into a lake of lava, or stunlocked for twenty-five seconds.
    • Up x 1
  4. Schizomatic

And typically when you conc someone else, you magically appear right in their crosshairs, while on the other end of the conc you can't do anything. Alas, PS2.
  5. gary the sewer hobo

Right now on test concussion grenades have a fuse, they are no longer detonated by impact.
  6. BobSanders123

Flash grenades are cheap, spammable, and annoying.

Which is why I equip grenade bandolier and throw them into random buildings four at a time.