Why Do Engineer Turrets Take 2 or 3 or more rockets now?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ent|ty, Aug 6, 2013.

1. ent|ty

Back near launch, in massive firefights, I could take out an engineer turret with one well placed rocket.

Now, after months of playing, and my ranging is even more improved, it can take 2 or 3 or even more rockets to kill an enemy turret.

Sometimes, I must admit, it takes out both the turret AND the engineer in one shot... but not consistently anymore?

Is the hit box smaller now? Is he outrepairing my damage? I've observed this at different ranges and it seems to be the same result... that the rule is that it takes several rockets to blow it up...

What gives?
  2. Blarg20011

I've heard that it's bugged and hitting the turret itself kills the turret and engi, but hitting the shield does no damage at all.
  3. NinjaTurtle

Because AV turrets aren't powerful enough they needed a buff :rolleyes:
  4. Pax Empyrean

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the anti-infantry turrets, not the AV turrets. I have yet to see an AV turret survive a hit, while AI turrets sometimes take several. I think it's the shield that's doing it, but I don't know if this is intended or not.
  5. ent|ty

I haven't observed that far, maybe I will. However, in this case I am talking about shielded AI turrets. I cant honestly say now that you brought up that point if it does the same with AV, I would think not. IN any case, should shielded AI be immune to rockets?

So I'm off just by a tad and he lives now? LOL, maybe the one shot now is as you say, I hit him in the face or some strange tiny spot on his sentry to do so... more likely I would hit shields, but those should be for bullets not a rocket. LOL a turret is not a tank.
  6. LT_Latency

Pretty sure you have to hit the actual gun sticking out of the shield now.

They blow up if you hit that. I think eng turrets are too weak. They are a free kill for snipers at almost any range
    • Up x 2
  7. Blarg20011

Yeah, it's really stupid, the whole turret is completely bugged. Most of the time they won't even fire.
    • Up x 1
  8. ent|ty

The AI turret has a shield, that for some reason doesn't protect the face and head, which defeats the purpose, thats how they get sniped, but do you think they should stand up to a rocket now?

It is possible at longer ranges that I don't hit them squarely, but I've accounted for that possibility.

Its the ones much closer, in doorways and such only 20+m away that I'm clearly hitting them square and they're not blowing up right away.
    I dont care about getting the kill behind it, I just want to go back to the time 1 shot took out an engie turret.
    • Up x 1
  9. deggy

I think the shield could be toned down a bit... It can take an AP round and not give a damn about it. Maybe it could at least go down if it takes too much abuse.
    • Up x 1
  10. ent|ty

It shouldn't last more than 1 rocket IMO. its just a tiny metal turret. If it has to be more, no more than 2 square shots on it.. Even a flash is down in 2 shots.

Engie turret buffs and tank buffs causes the effect of a rocket/HA Class nerf.
    • Up x 1
  11. Spookydodger

I think that's been the case for a long time.
  12. deggy

Yeah...

The Vanguard AP is the highest-damage ground-based direct-impact weapon in the game. (C4 and stuff don't count because they don't get fired)

The shield over the Engineer's AI turret can absorb as many as can be fired. It can even take two at once. As long as that barrel doesn't get hit, the turret is fine.

Something is wrong when a tiny, deployable turret can take enough damage to kill five heavy tanks without falling down.
    • Up x 1
  13. ent|ty

Well I'll try to center my shots then even more carefully, see if it makes a difference. At longer ranges I'll just have to accept what damage I get, cuz they're not in render distance to be entirely clear .
    • Up x 1
  14. Sebastien

The turret would be the biggest piece of **** in the game if it was destroyed when one rocket hits the shield.
    • Up x 3
  15. Vortok

Engineers want to be able to build blockades and have a way to slow down vehicles? Screw minefields, just plant a row of AI Mana Turrets. Vehicles can't ram their way through them and the shield is strong enough to absorb a nuke, nevermind the tennis balls that tanks lob around. Guaranteed defense against the two suckers on your server use Gate Shield Defuser, too.
  16. The King

I can ram my way through them...with a harasser or any other vehicle
    maybe not the flash
    • Up x 1
  17. Primarkka

If anything, the shield must be extended because the AI turret is really weak.
  18. iRhuel

Yes. The change was actually intentional, because before the AI mana turret was absolutely useless. Now at least it's just extremely situational.
  19. Pikachu

Phoenix missile and UBGL is the only explosive 1 hit weapon that will always kill turrets with 1 hit.
  20. ent|ty

Considering an engineer can deploy one of these every 20 seconds or so, and doesn't require any resource cost, it should be able to be taken out by 1 rocket and should be a flimsy item.

To think all this time as an engineer, that it was the same flimsy thing from launch, so positioning it so it is protected behind cover, while raining down destruction on the enemy; was unnecessary. silly me.

That doesnt make any sense, since a dumbfire default rocket has more damage than a Phoenix or UBGL

This game really is inconsistent and nonsensical.