why do almost no fps games copy day of defeat

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by shahryar, Nov 24, 2012.

1. shahryar

I say this because the mana turret is basically the gun I am referring to.
    in day of defeat(not sure about the new one but I know the original) if you were a support gunner you have a HMG that had recoil that was correctly handled, aka if you fired from the hip your gun is pointing up by about the 3rd shot.

However that recoil went completely away if you did one of three things

went prone and deployed,
    or went to a window or correctly heighted wall and deployed.
    I have never seen any game do this as well, and most games do not do it at all.
    the mana turret is more of a support gun, maybe a change that can be made is it takes time to set up, but you can also set it up on windowsills and walls etc so you can create choke points and better defenses when using them.

I did love my mana turret in beta, and well used it was the ultimate defensive weapon....which is odd considering this game seems to not favor defense at all lol.

but the fact that it is dropped like a TF2 engie turret but has to be maned by the engie doesnt work when it places them basically out in the open.
  2. Marzipanzer

The MANA isn't meant to be used in the open, sort of like how one isn't supposed to lay down with an HMG in the middle of a street. Using the MANA correctly means playing smart. The MANA is also more than just a turret. It's a meatshield, it's cover, and it's a decoy.