Why do all Scythe pilots roll around?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chiss, May 10, 2013.

1. Chiss

I don't think i've ever had a good chase / escape against VS.... every single dog fight with them just consists of them rolling around on the spot. Mossie pilots tend to do this a LOT less.

Why do you do this...?

If someone is on your tail, fly at full speed and do evasive maneuvers to try to escape them.
  2. Radec594

Because the Scythe can actually hover while the other two ESFs tend to drop like rocks....?
  3. Flying Mug

The Mosquito is always faster, and the Reaver is faster on AB. Running has never worked for me.

Spinning and looping has a 50/50 chance of someone ramming a wall or the ground and ending the stupid fight.
  4. Mythicrose12

Scythe can't outrun a Mossie, for one. Any pilot doing evasive maneuvers loses pure horizontal distance that allows the purserer to catch up quickly. Run and die, or turn and fight. Only mossies have the chance to run away due to their higher top speed (racer frame and full AB help).
  5. MNO

Err no, it's not just Scythes, I say this because obviously I'm VS, and 90% of dogfights I have, against Reavers OR Mossies ends up this way, two people spinning around on their axis trying to get their clip off. It's boring as hell, and everyone does it. The only time I initiate this kind of play is when we're between buildings/cliffs because most pilots have no spacial awareness.
  6. VanuSovereignty

Because you can't just run away in this game, the scythe doesn't have the speed or maneuverability.
  7. Rhaeyn

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  8. Indigo Eclipse

Scythe's cannot outrun Mossies and it's tough surviving a Reaver on your tail. Their guns hurt. Even with Racer frame, Mossies still seem to catch you. If you don't have terrain to slip through, you have to stand and fight.
  9. Admiralty

Because Scythe pilots cant fly and abuse the crap out of their ability to survive ramming.
  10. Chiss

Fair enough i guess... How dull.
  11. Zenanii

Mossie have the fastest cruising speed. Reaver have the fastest AB speed. Odds of outrunning them are fairly slim. (still doable as long as you have stealth, you just have to loop around terrain a bit to confuse them)
  12. Aliasse

Only way to outrun a mossie is
    (A) External Fuel Tanks
    (B) Speed hacks