Why can't we use MAX abilities in the back of Harassers?

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by LightningWolfTigrBer, May 4, 2013.

1. LightningWolfTigrBer

It would be awesome. TR and VS MAX abilities would give the Harrasser a little extra firepower and the NC MAX ability would give it some extra defense(would be a perfect counter to lock-on's, not to mention it would great for blocking shells fired from chasing tanks, maybe even liberator rounds). It just seems like it could be a lot of fun. I could see TR and VS burster MAX's becoming an issue, but I think that could be easily fixed by trimming their range a tad while riding in a seat. Any thoughts?
  2. Khyrin

VS MAX wouldn't suffer from the increased damage because most of the hits would hit the Harasser.
    TR MAX would work around the rooting which is intended as a counter to the OP firerate and projectile speed they gain, and the limited arc of fire.
    NC MAX wouldn't change anything since the Lockon projectiles still hit the Harasser and not the MAX shield.

Sure it would be awesome for VS and TR, but useless for NC, and broken beyond repair on any faction. I already wonder how they want to balance some MAx weapons out, especially the Bursters.
    • Up x 4
  3. LightningWolfTigrBer

Most, not all. There's still some degree of risk to the MAX using the ability. If it's not enough they could take an additional % of damage while using the ability from the harasser.
    Again, this could be worked around. Add an increased CoF while firing from the Harasser while locked down.
    Simple fix, have the lock-on's set to hit higher on the Harasser rather than just on the bumper. No reason they couldn't tweak it a bit to add a lot of survivability to the Harasser. If they wanted to they could make these abilities work.
  4. Khyrin

Harrasser has enough survivability through maneuverablity and speed, additionally to a very strong weapon, and apart it from being fugly it's fine the way it currently is.
  5. LightningWolfTigrBer

I agree that the Harasser is fine as is, but I see no reason why we couldn't give players more options as to how they want to run with it. The added survivability would be a trait unique to NC Harasser's with MAX's running the shield, and each other faction would have their unique niche. Isn't that what an asymmetrically balanced game like Planetside is all about?
  6. Fenrisk

It's currently ineffective to put a max in the back of a buggy because of the screen shake + any rock or bump completely throws off your aim. You can't even drive backwards with a buggy while the max fires rockets or they hit the buggy or you in the face.

I would of thought the only way to make maxes effective in the back of buggys is making their abilities fit with buggy use. Even if it means changing the abilitie while inside the buggy.
    • Up x 1
  7. Rown

Yes! and if the MAX uses charge, he smashes his feet through the floor and accelerates the buggy Fred Flintstone style!
    • Up x 4
  8. Fenrisk

Yabba dabba do!
  9. LightningWolfTigrBer

Now that I'd like to see. Who needs turbo?
  10. ih8Darian

Please make harassers more op :eek:
  11. Fenrisk

how are they op? it takes at least 2 players and 200 resources +3000 certs just to get them as competitive as a lightening
  12. ih8Darian

=3000 certs? I just spent 500 certs on it and it beat a couple of lightnings (and only died to lock ons). The only other thing I need is a chassis
  13. Fenrisk

So you road killed lightening's? or the drivers were asleep?
  14. Ash87

Really no need, and this would introduce balance issues with either the TR and/or the VS max abilities.

Lockdown is meant to be rooting you in place, to counter the unbelievable boost to ROF. Mounting it on a harasser and getting that boost would mean taking that disadvantage out. You not only gain some mobility, you gain All the mobility if you are on the back of the harasser. Plus, you'd probably have to balance it by nerfing the Weapons, because your max would be more effective than any weapon you could put ontop of the Harasser at that point.

ZOE would work somewhat, but considering how easy it is to hit the rumble, your Decreasing the mobility of the ZOE user and effectively making them a sitting duck. I see side straffing as one of the major things that will Benefit the VS max unit. Taking that out of the equation would mean that the VS max would be easier to take out. Not to mention the ROF and everything else buffs, would mean the same for the VS Harasser weapons. Just take them off, because your max would be more effective.

And with the NC: the shield will shield the max unit, but if you target the Harasser, you'll destroy the max still. Not to mention, that the Shield is completely Useless, as it only protects the NC Max, and would mean that, that max has no ability to use it's weapons... the one reason to Put a max on the back of a harasser is additional firepower. It'd be max transport ability at that point, and we could just put in a transport Mode, if you want to run to place to place with a shield up.
  15. ih8Darian

Who was talking about roadkilling lightnings?
  16. Armchair

The NC shield is so small that it hardly protects the max. How do you expect him to protect a buggy with it?
  17. Lyel

Wow, my day was made xD thank you!