Why cant i spawn at the base we are defending?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by maudibe, Apr 9, 2014.

1. maudibe

Im at Ikanam Bio lab and we (Vanu) have one adjacent base and i have been spawning there and we hold 2 capture points and suddenly i cant spawn there and have to spawn at the nearby base, what in the **** is up with that. I wont play anymore if i am going to have to run all the way back from a nearby base and hit the jump pad or go to the teleporter room. I'm done with this crap, if thats the way it goes. I enjoy to action but running long ways is not worthwhile to me. If there is no Sundy to spawn in or base point to spawn in then i leave cause im not wasting my time running or driving a flash or? to get to a fight. There is no reason to take away a spawn point in the BIOLAB or at any base until it flips, untill it flips I demand to be able to spawn there.
  2. FateJH

Ikanam's SCU was still up before you "left," right?
    • Up x 1
  3. Taemien

As Fate said, check the SCU. When that goes down so does the spawning. Be glad though, because the spawn shields and pain field goes away. You'd spawn into a murder hole. In the future protect the SCU gen. Its your lifeline to a Biolab.

And if you can't protect that, then the Biolab is lost. Spawn at a nearby base and prepare for an assault or a counter assault on the biolab.
    • Up x 2
  4. bPostal

You don't automatically deserve an AMS spawn point. It's 50 certs, 400 mechanical resources and a bit of a timer. Pull one yourself, park it up in a good spot and defend it. Your entire faction will thank you and you'll be doing something useful rather than complaining that "There's nowhere to spawn"
    • Up x 3
  5. Raka Maru

I'm also wondering why people don't pull sudies that often. Used to be full time engie until stalker came around, but now and then I pull my engie/sudie and help out because noone else does this at times.

Then again, when the zerg is flowing, you see 5 sundies, but for small battles, I see people just running from adjacent base.
  6. maudibe

Ya, i have an AMS , Walker, Bulldog, Proximity radar Sundy and ....I guard it when i take one out almost every time. My resources are usually low and i almost never spawn tanks (lightning if i do) so that is how much I spawn Sundys. I wasnt aware that the SCU controlled your ability to spawn outside of using the teleporter to spawn in the BIOLAB from a nearby base.
  7. FateJH

Actually, the SCU and the teleporter to the satellite bases are unrelated. The SCU just controls the availability of the defender's spawn room in the BioLab. Control of the teleporter to the satellite base is determined by which faction owns the satellite base. Control of the teleport between the BioLab spawn room and the BioLab garage is determined by which faction owns the BioLab.
    • Up x 1