Why are TR so, "It isn't me/us, it's you" attitude?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fredfred, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Cinnamon

People have done such a great job of convincing people that TR is overpowered that they are the best recruitment agents for TR.

Really the game is not that imbalanced and overall, if anything, VS benefits more from balance "quirks."

Still, carry on complaining about TR. Maybe the devs will someday listen and nerf us so much we leave the game and stop giving them money. That would be great for Planetside 2 I'm sure.
    • Up x 5
  2. Villanuk

Agree 100% with that. That's why all new players join TR as they appear OP, which aint the case.
  3. HadesR

Because regardless of faction ( Nc/TR/VS ) for the majority of players the word balance reads as " My faction should be best ".

TR player's are not the only ones guilty of this, just atm a lot of threads are pointed their way so they get all defensive.

NC did it over the OHK nix ( Which did need balancing )
    VS did it over ZOE ( Which did/does need balancing )

And those are just two examples of many ...

Forum balancing debate 101

It's only OP if someone else can use it and I can't
    • Up x 5
  4. faykid

i said heavies. tears down heavies. something that is hard to do with the stock Solstice the VS LA has.

the ROF, the clip size and the accuracy of the stock TR weapons amazed me. the natural conclusion is that they are superior. or easier to use. which is the same thing.

i bet NC have the time of their lives after switching to TR - having been tempered by the difficulty of recoil and slow ROF, i'd feel like rambo too
    • Up x 2
  5. Slandebande

So, using stats/data which aren't showing the complete picture shows exactly what? For instance, with AV weapons, we need the amount of vehicle kills as well as assists could be a useful secondary item to track. Another valuable stat could be average life-expectancy with the various items, and kph (kills per hour) as well, to compare the kph with the kpu.
    The weapons across factions are often not sharing the exact same mechanics, some might be better at particular roles (e.g. last-hitting a vehicle) whereas others have other niches.
    Some of those reasons (and more) is why the author himself said the stats are NOT representing the entire picture, and should be taken with a grain of salt.

TLDR: Using kills (on infantry) as a sole balancing arguments is not feasible, as it proves nothing.

Oh, and Claymores are vastly underscored compared to the others, just for the laughs.
  6. illgot

Kills on infantry sometimes reaching 3 times the amount of any other factions empire specific equivalent means nothing. Have fun.
  7. Brahma2

I don't need faction specific weapons to **** on you.
    • Up x 1
  8. Liewec123

hardly, we had our phoenix nerfed to no longer OhK within 3 days of release, it was OP (granted they made it rather UP and should balance it for the better)
    the first rendition of our hacksaws were OP, and needed balancing (but now they've been overnerfed.)

i'm NC and can except that if we had something OP that it'd need balancing.
    but generally NC get things released OP and then they get nerfed through the floor.
    our max used to be something other maxes avoided getting near, now TR and VS don't even bother getting distance,
    its just a weak NC max, nothing to fear.
  9. LordCreepy

Because, I used most TR vehicle weapons and their NS counterparts and they perform nearly identical ( fury - marauder) or outright better ( halberd > vulcan).

As for the Striker - meh any infantry *********** with lockons creates a no go zone.
    If it was for me just delete lock ons alltogether.

Redo the Striker into a dumbfire swarmlauncher or a fast firing Phoenix - at least its not so boring to use then.
    Simple stat changes on the Striker will change nothing.
    • Up x 1
  10. Peter Daniel

Give NC the Fractures, and TR the crap NC have.
  11. Crashsplash

Two points.

firstly balance is impossible to achieve you can get close but it's like chasing a rainbow, it will always be just out of reach. Further than that, if you get close the nature of this game is that a new weapon will be introduced which inevitably will throw balance off again. If not balance between empires then balance between classes.

Secondly, if an imbalance or just as importantly a perceived imbalance leads to a slight over-pop of one empire the effect will be further exaggerated by events and by WDS Pre-season. There is no self-balancing inherent in these, roll on the inter-continental lattice where there is.
  12. Villanuk

Sorry fay, so you did, im going blind :eek:

Well I have opened a VS player a week ago, no means would that qualify me to have an informed opinion, but first impression I love some of the stock guns, very little recoil, well less than TR imo. The scythe, I think is very stable and I would rather have that than the twitchy mossy. I know peeps rave about it, but for me, I don't like it.
  13. faykid

i'd agree that the stock Pulsar VS1 (medic) is decent. maybe, just maybe, it is as controllable as that LA stock carbine i used on TR. however, it lacks in QC and does not have the 40 bullets mag.

but the stats don't really matter. the point is, it just felt easier, that's all. and not compared to my early experiences back in June, but compared to a vanilla VS character with the same setup. compared to early experiences even NC will seem easy. i compared switching between them for a couple of evenings, although not for long, i admit.
  14. Vandali

I had a chuckle last night on Miller, when a returning TR player yelled out saying NC weapons haven't changed and referred to them being OP, my guess is that was his first experience of an even fight, rather than having that inflated ego feeling from winning with numbers.

Great job on Miller last night NC, some of the best fights i've had and it was down to pop numbers being even. :)
  15. ChipMHazard

Ok. Let me ask you this OP. So, VS/NC, why the emotional attitude? Why do you need to be so aggressive? Why are so many of you so child-like?

The problem with throwing stones on an official forum is that you're just giving those you're throwing at more ammunition.
    I guarantee you that it's not just those playing TR that have the "L2P" attitude.
    • Up x 4
  16. CptFirelord

If you'd ever played PS1 as TR, you'd understand why we're so defensive. In PS1 we were nerfed for 9 years before SOE finally realized "Hey, we've made these guys the worst faction in every aspect, let's give them some buffs". We DON'T want that to happen again, so we strongly defend any unjust statements. To those saying the Vulcan is a godlike killing machine, and that Lockdown is soooo OP for AI, I've got news for you..

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...LWg3MkN5YWlncmJYSVlJbzh5ZXc&usp=sharing#gid=0
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...QVFWS3hQQnZETWp1SmRZYk1oSWc&usp=sharing#gid=1
  17. Villanuk

I do agree your mags are less than TR, but some of the weapons I have I don't need a large mag and always reload if I make a kill.

I think sometimes its a case of when you try something new ( ie a new faction ) we think the grass is greener but its just new.
  18. Cougarbrit

And the NC defended their **** during that time. You might've accepted things needed balancing, but plenty of other NC would've fought against it. Same for TR, same for VS.

One of the main reasons people fight so hard is because they don't their **** to get dragged down through overnerfing like the NC, and half the people complaining about their UP gear want everyone else's gear to brought down to their level, than themselves get buffed back up.
  19. Liewec123

i think we should aim for the middle ground, which i think is VS, other than ZoE VS have nothing that really stands out as OP or UP,
    NC have a fair few things that stand out as UP and TR have a fair few things that stand out as OP.

VS aren't undernerfed, they aren't overbuffed, they've got the balance about right. (except ZoE ofc)
    • Up x 1
  20. Shadowyc

We likely feel that asking for a buff will be met with the same response. Or that the buff requests will simply be ignored and we'll promptly get a nerf bat upside the face.
    • Up x 1