Why are there so many servers?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Thades, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Thades

Seriously, if one of the major issues of the game has always been finding a fight, why separate not only by region but also have 2 per.. as US West beta player, I have no idea where to go because I'm afraid of having a complete lack of playerbase/community.
  2. Conq

Dude this game is 100% free to play and on Steam. They are going to need A LOT more than 4 servers.
    • Up x 4
  3. Thades

I can tell, what with low population on every one of them and not a single hotspot because noone is fighting
  4. perspicacious

You idiots are really complaining that a few hours post-launch the servers are quiet?

Most people probably have not even downloaded the installer yet!
    • Up x 6
  5. Alkasirn

You beat me to it, but I only logged in just to say such and by golly I'm going to say it.

Not everyone has 1 gb/s connections, a good chunk of the community won't even have the game downloaded until tonight. That's not even counting people who don't even have access to their computers at the moment because they might be doing things such as, I don't know, working?
    • Up x 4
  6. Rhamza161

Seriously. what Alkasirn and Perspicacious said.

I only have 20mbps and I just started the download. (I was hoping that you know maybe the beta client would just convert to the full game...but I guess that was too much to ask!) regardless...the game will be packed FULL of people tonight just be patient and enjoy the scenery in game for a few hours, okay?
    • Up x 1
  7. Rylan

Id have liked to see them separated a little more. So many EU servers but Id kind of like something to say, official or not, UK server.
  8. CaptainTenneal

I was fortunate enough to start my download during my lunch break, so I may get to play tonight. But most people at work will start the download tonight, so I'd bet it'll be crazy by tomorrow afternoon.
  9. Odin

Yeah many of us are stuck on under 1mbps downloads so it takes 4 to 5 hours....
  10. Losty

As the others noted, allot of people are still in the download or are at work (US). expect more players incoming in the coming hours once people get setup.
  11. Morro

Didn't the game just ******* come out and people are whining about low population already?
    • Up x 1
  12. gummbybot

Thanksgiving week. 90% of my family and friends are out of town.
  13. furballhero

Imagine how many people would complain if there were too few servers and people couldn't play...
  14. RoosterNE

been downloading for almost 3 hours and only 52% done... I wager there are a lot of folks in the same boat as me.
  15. Swordlord

"Teh InterWebz" bolsters today's "Immediate Gratification" ideology. Right or wrong, we should expect a bountiful harvest of whine.
  16. Jonbeard

Its called we have jobs. Do yourself a favor and go get one.

Smh...
  17. khai

You don't need to just think to that one wipe in the beta where they droped the number of servers in order to stress test the servers we had multiple 100+ post threads going.
  18. Flaccid

I've been downloading the game via Steam for about an hour and a half, and I'm just hitting the half way point, they'll fill up man.
  19. Scorpion97

3 years passed

And yet,they merged the servers in 2014 and we still lack good fights while the laggy Asians in connery keep increasing just like zombies to the point that some users now want to merge the only eastern U.S server (emerald) with the only western U.S server (connery)

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...onnery-and-emerald.234570/page-2#post-3298577
  20. Pikachu

You just wanted to dig up the oldest thread you could find didn't you? :rolleyes: Btw they merged servers in 2013 too.
    • Up x 1