[Suggestion] Why are there no robes for the VS?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Armagomago, Oct 30, 2021.

1. Armagomago

From the tech priest somewhere deep in my heart I must ask: why does the Vanu not have any priest-like robes among their available armors? Perharps a white one could be added for the Combat Medic for that healer cleric vibe? gray ones for the rest of the classes?
    I love to think that they use said robes as their lab-coats.

I know D0ku was originally going to make a cloak (similar enough) for the infiltrator, but scrapped it for the sake of the class' silhouette. Now there's a cloak/robe-shaped hole in my heart... can it be filled, some day?
  2. RabidIBM

I like the idea, I think it would look great! That said, cloaks tend to flow and other such things. The character models in this game are quite static, so I'm assuming that's at the core of why this doesn't already exist. I can imagine it would be an issue at the sort of battle where one faction brings 96+ but still only has 42%, now throw in flowing robes on top of all the other graphics, that would probably break this game.
  3. Armagomago

Flowing robes would be painful indeed. It would require an entire set of cloth physics being added into the existing code, which sounds like a monumental task and a possible big performance drainer.

For that reason, I am fine with cloaks without the physics, kinda like the longcoats the TR has. They wouldn't be as pretty, but they would be good enough for me.
  4. brutes359

oh boy, I cant wait for the "Plastic Robe" memes coming from that. imagine it....roaring across the terrain on a four-wheeler. you fancy high tech robes sticking to you like a cheap plastic bag gorilla glued to a basketball with no wind physics whatsoever... glorious.

Jokes aside, would it look nice? yea, model wise. But honestly, Vanu is supposed to be made up of scientists, by adding these things, would you not just be playing into the TR stereotype that the Vanu are just a tech worshiping cult of entitled nutballs?
    • Up x 1