why are tank drivers so chicken ??

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tonberry76, Mar 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tonberry76

am NC on connery but dam if I look our tanks they are totally afraid to lose there tank

we soldiers are in front while our tanks are far back behind us :confused:

so they don't give us much protection
    it seems VS have more balls sadly

so what do you guys think about it ??
    here a pic what I just made

[IMG]

and no they are not from that other station they are there a while already
    but not 1 is going to go to the enemy tanks so we lose -.-
    • Up x 2
  2. KenDelta

The VS have an amazing ridge advantage , and 4 random lightning/MBT drivers can't do much...

And Tank cost > Infantry cost.

But sadly Infantry efficiency > Tank's efficiency.

#nanites#logic
    • Up x 20
  3. KnightCole

Yeah, pretty much. Its sad how pathetic tanks really are in this game. They are little more then objects with which to trick HAs into giving up thier positions so snipers, grenades, air and w/e else can shoot em.

Tanks themselves are little more then Liberator cert farms.
    • Up x 5
  4. DevDevBooday

ITS BECAUSE WE ARE SO FRAGILE ALRIGHT? *cries*

are you happy now?
    ;(
    • Up x 5
  5. Tonberry76

fragile I don't think so you have amazing fire power and with plenty of certs you can build a good tank
    with that and a army of so 20 tanks I don't think your so weak :)

what will happen if SOE buff the tanks more up then we don't stand a change ad all
    if we don't have tanks atm ??

its already a pain for HA class to blow up a tanks you need so 5 a 6 shots maby more if the eng keep repair him
    then with all the snipers that are everywhere its already a pain

so in my few the tanks are good not to strong not to weak
    but I wane see more balls in the drivers and don't be afraid if you lose you tank :)
  6. LIKE A BOSS!

Vanguards are the only MBT that can push into bases in the game without getting wrecked. If you try that with Heavy harrassers (Magriders) or mobile artillerty (Prowlers) your MBT will get destroyed within seconds. And currently MBT drivers have no way to deal with Liberator since they fly so high up and what 2-3 dalton hits can kill you? With ESFs you might get one idiot pilot flying too low but when getting attacked by Aces you are pretty much a walking cert bucket.
    • Up x 5
  7. Lyrencropt

When libs can wreck you in under 10 seconds with no way to realistically respond and it takes a bundle of resources plus a 30 minute timer to pull a tank, yeah, you're going to be worried about losing it. A crowd of tanks might be formidable and annoying to deal with, but every tank driver in that crowd is individually very weak and is going to act like it.
    • Up x 2
  8. KenDelta

I have a fully loaded certed tank , and my Vanguard goes into flames just from 3 heavies shooting at it , if you're going to pay me 450

mecha resources for a new tank I would glady booby-trap it with C4s and crash into any enemy sundy you need destroyed.

Fire firepower is laughable since it takes 2 splash hits to kill an infantry with any type of cannon.
    • Up x 2
  9. AltF4Fun

Ask SOE.They gave us Anchor. I thought we TR were supposed to play chickengame. There is no real alternative.
    • Up x 3
  10. doombro

Because you can't revive a tank, and getting killed isn't fun. If you could revive a tank, I would be going nuts with my racer chassis AP Prowler.
    • Up x 2
  11. lothbrook

Pushing into a base with a vanguard is just as much suicide as it is with the other tanks, lol, if not more so due to the sluggishness of the tank in close quarters, in fact the Vanguard is killed by C4 more than any other tank.
    • Up x 1
  12. Gustavo M

Think I already said this a thousand times at this rate but getting killed CAN BE FUN.
    Just picture yourself playing as a engineer with a pistol, to find a NC HA unaware in a corner. You fill his back with bullets. He dies. And then he comes back as a MAX and oneshots you while you were AFK checking the phone. And he sends you a very upset tell; "GET REKT M8 U MAD? XDD" and similars.
    Hell. I'd laugh like a little school girl IRL if that ever happened with me.
    Or even, imagine if said HA did not swapped his class to MAX, but instead, he called his entire outfit just to kill the hell out of you over and over again.
    OR EVEN WORSE.
    If he make a alt in your current empire just to TK you over and over again.
    And send you /tells that he is doing that because of you!
    HA. If that ever happens to me.... you know that "endgame" feel? Like, credits rolling, game over, thanks for playing?
    That's pretty much how I would feel if that ever happens; "I won the game. There's nothing left for me to do here."
  13. doombro

It's not really fun to lose something you spent half your resources on though.
    • Up x 2
  14. Elkybam

1) The tank drivers have been outfitted with HE cannons

2) They are chicken after all, and only go for infantry

3) They like easy mode, tagging isolated vehicles with their buddies

4) Wasted their resources on every other farming vehicle
  15. Tommyp2006

If you're so confident in how tough tanks are, then get in one, charge right into one of those big fights, and see how long you last.

Keeping your distance is the only way to survive in a tank.
    • Up x 7
  16. Cinnamon

I don't know.

It honestly pisses me off when I take my tank forward to a good aggressive position and get teamed up on by several enemy tanks while we have many tanks grazing like cows on a ridge line or behind rocks. They probably even watch me blow up first and think that they are the ones playing "smart" because they are too cautious to get into a position where they can actually secure vehicle kills.
    • Up x 2
  17. Robertooooo

Tanks can't be tanks in this game and as it is now you have very litte options besides peeking out of cover now and then to take a shot. HA's have it very easy destroying tanks that actually try being a bit offensive. I have personally succeded in destroying at least 4 vanguards, 3 lightnings + a sunderer very quickly from a tower playing as HA so it's really easy to obliterate those brave souls.
  18. Shinrah

A single dedicated AV squad can easily take out any number of opposing VHC´s if they have a decently covered position.
    Dead AV MAX? Res! Dead HA? Res! Destroyed AV Mana? Redeploy a new one!
    Tank got blown up? Wait 15min, pay 450 res!
    Not only does a decently positioned infantry squad have superior survivability, they also have superior range in most circumstances. Especially when taking AV Mana´s into account.

So yeah, if there is such a squad or simply lots of AV armed infantrymen around you have to use your own infantry to clear em out or at least supress em because it doesn´t take much to blow up MBT´s and Lightnings.

Personally, I rarely move my tank ahead of infantry but use the infantry as a screen for my tank. In PS2 tanks support infantry and not the other way around.
    • Up x 9
  19. Gustavo M

If that loss leads to your target to get really pissed... it's not a "loss" at all.
  20. Tonberry76

nope i never drive 1 ore any other thing that move me faster am mostly walk around with my Phoenix
    hide somewhere and hit the tanks make ore i try to get a free path for them

but am also main target by snipers and airplanes they mostly kill me first
    but its ok am use to it :)

because there are a few players that have the phoenix and it make a funny sound and you see it coming
    so yea the enemy try to find me first :p

only the magrider is hard to aim they sure no how to dodge it :)

but then again what must you do let a army of tanks take our base over ??
    ore blow them up ??

if some players don't wane lose there tanks don't use it if you no that the enemy have a very tight defense ready for you
    then you gone no that you lose you tank

maby better if a few players scout ahead what the enemy have :)
    and then see if you go with the tanks ore not
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.