Why are posts about cheaters getting deleted all the time?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Neovita, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Neovita

Why are almost all (if not all) posts about cheaters with and without videoproof getting deleted in this forum, even if there are no names in those posts?
  2. DerpyHooves

Because calling people out on the forums is harrassment. Harrassment is against the rules. If you want to report a cheater report them ingame via /report or send a ticket in with video evidence.
  3. evansra

my guess

A, soe want to brush it under the carpet before they start advertising big time.

B, to avoid other people seeing it and going out to try it themself.
    • Up x 1
  4. evansra

also what he said :p
  5. Neovita

Did you even give it a try to read my first post? I said "EVEN IF THERE ARE NO NAMES IN THOSE POSTS"
  6. Veratu SOE

We don't delete them, we move them and then we address the issue. And yes, you're partly right, we don't want to encourage the behavior by showing how it can be done. We are very active at combating them, and will continue enforcement the best we can.
    • Up x 1
  7. Neovita

And you believe that yourself?

How many more videos do i need to send to SOE until they at least think about to ban the worsest 2-3 hackers on cobalt? I am not talking about videos, where it is possible to think, that those players are just good and killing everyone. I am talking about Videos where everyone can see, that those candidates are using speedhack and are able to walk trough walls and our spawnroom-shields all the time. I have the names in front of me and your support got the proof and the names around 2 weeks ago via website ticket, but those guys are still there! in this time i did report them myself using the website ticket system and got a promisse, they will look into that issue. Almost 1 week later those guys are still there... (did face 1 of them after cobalt restart today inside of biolab spawnroom while we were defending the biolab) So sorry if i dont believe you that part of your answer at all!
  8. kekface

I unsubscribed (like it makes any difference, lol) due to cheaters not being dealt/being dealt by player reports only. SOE needs autodetection system for cheaters, player reports are not effective way. They already ruined my game experience, don't let them ruin whole game.
  9. Beartornado

If you seriously think autodetection systems are not in place AND that they are superior to a dedicated team working on player-submitted tickets then you need to play a bunch of other MMOs and gain the understanding that its just not all flowers and sunshine.

If they can afford to deal with tickets efficiently they will be leagues ahead of other games that can't afford that kind of effort. Auto detection systems can get a lot of players, but not all of them. When you automate too much you end up hurting legitimate players, and you get a whole nother line of complaints to deal with. And the biggest problem with automated systems is they can be worked around and will never permanently solve the issue. There are devs on both teams, and the ones making the hacks and cheats are grinding away just as much to bypass the automated defenses. However ticket systems can't be solved with some extra coding, you can't get around that. If you've simply got people watching you play and banning you on the spot with an active team then you're out of luck. Game over, move on.

Thus far I've only seen a few cheaters in my gameplay experience. Maybe its my server, come join us on Mattherson. Based on my experiences in other FPS games I can say that this game is the most cheater/hacker free that I have ever seen.
    • Up x 1
  10. Neovita

That is exactly what SOE told us ;-)
  11. DerpyHooves

Yes i did read your post and my answer still stands. It is to prevent harrassment and advertisement of hacks. If you want to do something about it file a ticket with evidence supporting your claims and SOE will do the rest. There is no need for you to resort to yelling and insuating that I am idiotic. I also prefer the play submitted detection over automated as it shows this company has an interest in the community other then us being cash cows. it is also alot more flexing then an automated system. This is the best game I have seen when it comes to level of cheats. I have seen only 3 and then only once.
  12. Neovita

Dude, now you did not read my third post, right? Stop to answer please, if you dont want to read what has been already wrote down!
  13. DerpyHooves

I read whole threads before I reply. Also trying to troll me will not get you very far. Now have a good day and remember to submit that ticket :).
  14. Neovita

Then why are you telling me to do things, i already did? Open your eyes and you will see, that i did use the ticket system several times with no results. Read -> think -> post is the right way. Vice versa you are not helping at all
    • Up x 1
  15. DerpyHooves

i think if i didnt read-think then post I would have been laughed of these forums a long time ago. Also congratulations on feeding the local forum troll :).
  16. CoffeeBreak

Lol yeah come to Mattherson as an NC. You can join one of their aimbot squads. It's pretty impressive, only 5-10man infantry teams on the server that can take out 50-100 infantry in minutes.
  17. Beartornado

Sounds like they are pretty terrible since we can never take Indar and are easily pushed back by enemies that don't even have half our population on a particular continent.

Seriously, I have to wonder what these people who act like cheating is rampant are actually experiencing. Because I never see it, I never see those absurdly high K/D ratios except on individual players, and rarely. Are you all just terrible at FPS games or something? Do you really need to assume that every time someone out maneuvers you or kills you before you can see them that they must be hacking? I genuinely can't explain it, and as far as I'm concerned the people who pull the fire alarm where no fires are to be found should be punished just as harshly as the cheaters themselves.
  18. CoffeeBreak

I'll agree that I am just terrible at FPS games.

When someone outsmarts me or reacts faster I automatically assume...they are a better player than me.

I do not believe the majority of players are using cheats.

I do not believe that I am awesome and that no one can beat me.

However, when I encounter multiple players in the same group all named nirgniopwegar, kdnoiie, dap9iwe, HAHAMUHNMEIzANOYINGTUREPOORT that are all BR 1-10 that all have the ability to headshot 5+ players in 3 seconds while jumping up and down from 100meters I assume they are cheating.
  19. Haskaal

No system is perfect. The SOE team are trying their best so cut them some slack you ungrateful kids. Grow up, deal with it, and move on. Or do us all a favor and leave.

Before they started putting out humorous surveillance drone announcements, I experienced several cheaters. Currently playing, I haven't seen a single cheater yet. So in my current experience, they have achieved some great results with their current methods.
  20. TehBenju

i can't believe i'm about to say this, but I'm with the enclave guy on this one (little respect for the outfit, but derpy here's posts in this thread have been a reflection of my experience in game as well, they were also very CONSTRUCTIVE unlike a lot of the other posts in here) I have so far seen just 2 hackers, one TR and one NC. both were /reported and both i have never seen again.