Why am I unable to spawn at certain bases?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Orpheus66, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Orpheus66

Right now I am on Indar at The Crown and I want to get to Allatum Botany Wing, only 2 territories over but I am unable too. In fact I am only able to spawn at a hand full of territories on the Eastern side of the continent.

What gives? Why do I have to redeploy two times to move over two territories?
  2. FocusLight

No real idea, but the system surely is frustrating.

TBH you should either be able to spawn anywhere that your Empire control, or not be able to spawn anywhere except in your Warp Gate and the HEX you happen to be in. The half-way maybe-you-can-maybe-you-cant system randomizing where you can go makes no sense to me.

Anyone in the know care to elaborate on this?
  3. LowTechKiller

I wish I could, but I have no idea.
  4. Pikachu

You can only deploy at some nearby bases and a few that are under attack. Transportation is meant to be a thing.
  5. UberBonisseur

Long story short, they don't want entire platoons to spawn from one side of the map to the other.

Further reading on why this doesn't make any sense

My /suicide hop is still faster than your Galaxy.
  6. haldolium

The entire spawn system is ****** up. No reason, just incompetence.
    • Up x 3
  7. Solo59486

One time I was fighting at a base then died, When I got to the redeploy screen I couldn't spawn at that same base again (It was still in our control but the enemy had control of the point) Also their are other times where I couldn't redeploy at a base where their is fighting but I can redeploy at a base where no one is at and a few hexes away from where I want to be, or spawn at a base where their is only 1-12 people there.
    • Up x 1
  8. LynxFury

I thought it was limited by the lattice links...if your not in the same chain you can't spawn there.

What ever the system, it would certainly be less frustrating if there were visual clues as to why it's the way it is--such as highlighted lattice chain while looking at the map to make it obvious why you can spawn some places further than others you can't. Right now it just seems to be no rhyme or reason.
  9. Flashtirade

The spawn location algorithms need to be made clear, if anything. I remember staring at the Indar map, seeing two major even defensive battles at Howling Pass and Regent Rock, and being able to spawn at neither, along with a third territory literally right next to the one I was in being capped and I couldn't spawn there either.
    • Up x 1
  10. FocusLight

I was telling my squad, just a few hours ago, to /delete and spawn at another base 2 hexes over to defend it, NC was pouring out of every orifice.

None of us could spawn there, despite the raging battle and the need to defend. It was a small outpost too, so no SCU was popped. Draw your own conclusions. :confused:
  11. Greddy

So the devs promote ghostcapping empty bases, rather than epic battles? No wonder people quit the game....
  12. RHINO_Mk.II

Spawn Logic:

-Always able to spawn at warpgate
    -Always able to spawn at territory that you died in and those directly connected via lattice/hex if you own them
    -Always able to spawn at the nearest small, medium, and large facility. If one of the above spawn points fulfills this condition, you do not get an extra spawn location.
    -Always able to spawn at 3 locations you own that are under attack by the wonky "under attack" logic.

IF IN A SQUAD
    -Closest spawn location to squad leader
    -Squad deploy beacon (via drop pod)