Why am I taking 5+ minutes to log into Briggs

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by MykeMichail, Mar 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaZz0R

So because this has been going on for so long and since we are aussies we dont seem to get MOD replying to anything we post - when I posted the above message I used the report button asking for someone to actually reply to the thread and tell us whats going on and if it will be fixed.

The answer was to ban my account for a day.

As such I stopped my sub right away and have emailed both Smed and Higby re both this situation with the server and being banned for simply trying to get someone to reply to what has been a 6 month problem with the Briggs server, stopping myself from playing on it and many others whom I suspect have with bought station cash to use in game or even a sub.

SOE will not be getting any cash of mine for a long time.
    • Up x 3
  2. smegnz

Still wondering how progress on this is going. Lengthy login periods once more.
    • Up x 1
  3. Shrubbo

Half an hour, 2 crashes. Seriously this is just ****.
    • Up x 1
  4. equinub

Can Login in to Test server East immediately.. :|
  5. Kulantan

Still happening.
    • Up x 1
  6. equinub

Server is appears rather busy tonight. taking about 5-10 minutes. Not worst not best login times.
  7. equinub

Well done equinub, spoke to soon!

Login has fallen over at 700 players, 4/5/2014 9.50pm AEST.
    • Up x 2
  8. GotCerts

Double xp event, have boosts on while I was playing. Game crashed (It has crashed many times, it just freezes and crashes, happens when I'm the terminal or redeploying) - Can't log in again right now >.>
    • Up x 2
  9. Kulantan

Might I suggest a double exp event to make up for the log in server failing (harder than usual) during our double exp event to make up for loosing player's progress?
  10. Jeltz

Me too (sigh) It is not even as though Briggs is that heavily loaded. I pay good money to NOT be able to play? I think not Sony. Lawyers at 5 paces is my solution.......
    • Up x 1
  11. Best AssassinAU

5 minutes to log on last night after Higby said it was fixed....
    • Up x 2
  12. Lamber

also same question, but i need more than 10 mins to log in ....
    really need to fix this situation !!!
    • Up x 1
  13. Jacabon Mere

Still a joke I wish i didn't pay for 6 months up front.
  14. Incentive Legend

This problem is still happening. sometimes stuck on logging in or get g99 error even though all my firewall and antivirus sw is set to allow ps2.
    • Up x 1
  15. Kulantan

Still taking 5+ mins and then crashing to desktop rather than logging in.
    • Up x 1
  16. Dethonlegs

Another evening, another 15m wait to log in, another 4 crashes to desktop. Enough is enough.

Let me guess why these issues are occurring - in two words - shaping and cost.

Dedicated bandwidth to the US from Australia is limited and (AFAIK) expensive. The issues are exacerbated in the evening at which time it's common practice here to shape traffic and give priority to HTTP. Gamers in Australia, playing in the US, have been suffering this for years.

My guess is that in order to reduce costs, SOE has chosen a provider that places hard limits on international traffic and that Planetside servers are reaching that limit. If this is not the case, then please stomp on the head of your Australian host and get them to stop shaping and fix your network. Otherwise, get a new host that can meet your requirements. If neither option is appropriate just say so - at least we'll know where we stand.
    • Up x 2
  17. Miskaton

Almost a full squad of people lost from crashes last night. This is not acceptable.
    • Up x 1
  18. Kn1fey

Can we please get an update on this issue, what you are doing to fix it, a time frame of when it might be fixed.
    • Up x 2
  19. Blackinvictus

Wait 15 minutes
    Stutters and Black screens of crash
    If you get in game

Briggs Haiku
    ~Blacki
    • Up x 1
  20. NovaAustralis

There once was a server named Briggs,
    known for its 'down under' gigs,
    but the server log-in times increased,