Why a battle rifle for ASP second slot?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by OneShadowWarrior, Jun 16, 2018.

1. OneShadowWarrior

Why couldn’t we have gotten a choice of a shotgun or smg for a second slot, christ even a rocklett rifle would have been nicer, but a battle rifle for a ASP choice?
    • Up x 1
  2. Eternaloptimist

They're kind of situational but I've made a lot of long range kills with the first gen BRs - especially the no-drop Eidolon - using a 4x sight. The new ones have a flat, high damage (334 IIRC) up to max range and should be even better at long ranges. Good for popping people indulging in irritating long range sniping.

They take at least two shots but then, I've always felt that if someone is worth shooting they're worth shooting twice :)
    • Up x 2
  3. Xebov

Im sure there are more weapon choices to come. So far they look like someone randomly picked them.
    • Up x 1
  4. Prudentia

Underbarrel grenade launcher
    • Up x 2
  5. TR5L4Y3R

i just gonna keep adding AV grenades to infil and medic and either archer or rockletrifle to medic
  6. JobiWan

I love the BR on my medic. Great for long range and I've surprised quite a few snipers. I have the UBGL on it 2 x c4 plus 1 or 2 'nades will finish a sundy, great for AV stuff.
  7. Ragnarox

New BR's are great on medic so i wish they change Directive AR to be close/med range instead of long. Or at least give them Advanced Laser sight.

Using 2 long range weapons sucks.

Plus Directive model upgrade to newer versions would be awesome.
  8. LaughingDead

I find that having a long range weapon with a CQC to med range AR on my support class that fights from the backline most of the time pretty ******* good.

Especially with BRs like the bishop.
    • Up x 1
  9. Lord_Avatar

Pick a CQC-focused AR and pair it with a BR.
    • Up x 1
  10. Blam320

Because it gives CMs the ability to pair a dedicated ranged weapon with a dedicated CQC weapon. Previously you'd have to rely on pistols to fill one of those slots. Now you no longer have that drawback.
    • Up x 1
  11. FIN Faravid

Indeed. Only problem with this is that as combat medic, you are often using your revive/healing tool and if you get surprised by enemy, pistols are far faster to swap to than any other weapon. So i definetly want to keep using my pistol.

But i love giving players choices like this. In fact i would love to have inventory system where you can choose what ever tools and weapons you want, but it would be really hard to balance that.

I hope we soon get more ASP choices - though it sadly should not be high on team's priority. Especially when i am not even rank 100 myself!
  12. TR5L4Y3R

HOLY MOTHER OF NECRO
  13. FIN Faravid

Oh wow only today i realized i replied to post that is almost a year old :D whoops!
  14. HelioUSP

It was still on the first page (considering how slow it is in the medic section), so you're good. Plus, if you'd started a new post about that second slot, somebody woulda' complained that it's already been asked and discussed.

I just now ASP'd and like having a dmr as an option. Although, since I'm Vanu, it sounds like somebody spitting out a mouthful of 'baccy juice when firing.
  15. typnct

Im so sad i took this asp instead of engineer shotgun or the light assault smg secondary

1 asp to go and i dont know what to choose for a final point
  16. Booface

The CQC AR choices are actually really good, and with a battle rifle for mid/long range you can actually have a fantastic loadout for any range. You can get a kind of similar loadout with an Engie with a mid/long range AR and a shotgun secondary, but it's not quite as flexible.

Yeah, shotguns are nice in CQC, but don't sleep on the dedicated AR choices, they tear **** up.