Who really are the 'good guys' in PS2?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DukeOfSausage, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maderas

How cool would it have been if the invading NPC faction Smedley talked about years ago (this idea has since been scrapped) ended up being the Terran Republic from earth instead of aliens? Like "Wow, these guys have all turned into a bunch of ***holes, ENGAGE PURIFICATION SPREAD!"
    • Up x 1
  2. Remeus

You know it's not always about good and evil you know. But it's obvious the NC and Vanu are just terrible terrible people...
  3. Zelmanov

And in true Vanu style, let me quote a scientist: http://cheezburger.com/6818366208

or "A scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it"

We are just helping along the "Dying" part :p
  4. Commander Tychus

The Terran Republic and the Vanu are the BAD people.

TR - Murdered protesters in cold blood instead of suppressing them with tear gas or arrests or what methods they use to incapacitate.

VS - Seeks to abduct all humanity and end the humanity that resists the faith of the vanu, As well as forcefully brainwashing every human against their will in their own "faith" making them their "own".

As for the NC, all they seek is freedom. End OPPRESSION. End BRAINWASHING. End WAR. They want to throw down the Terran Republic for the crimes they caused towards humanity as well as the Vanu Sovereignty for committing mass genocides and brainwashing to humanity.

Live Free in the NC.

"A miserable free man is better off than a contented slave."
  5. Galhans

For the TAU!
  6. Nenarch

VaNu are ofc the good guys. TR and NC dragged us in to this war..
  7. noobfeeder

burn necromancer
  8. Afifikas

Only truly evil people will wear purple spandex under Aurexis's sun! At least the TR and NC has dakka, Vanu has pew pew pew.
  9. BraveDutchy

10. BraveDutchy

LOL!!! but the Vanu weren't dragged into that war. if you read the background, they stole from the TR to get the Vanu artifacts. LOL DO YOUR RESEARCH
  11. AshHill07

To be honest, at least to me, the lore of Planetside 2 is the same as the lore for Teamfortress 2.

"Insert excuse for groups to have a big fight here", there's your lore, now go have a big fight.
  12. Dead soldier

What was the lore for TF2? Heavy eating sandvich with medic, but medic is really a spy and kills him and takes his sanvich and heavy swears revenge.

Or is the lore just, screw my clone, I hate them.
  13. AshHill07

TF2 actually has quite a comedic and complex lore because they knew it was just an excuse and decided to make it as funny as possible.

Basically:

And yes I know all of this because I used to Play TF2 quite a lot. :D
    • Up x 1
  14. -Synapse-

Dragged? VS declared war on the TR and NC, not the other way round.
  15. Donaldson Jones

There are no good guys or bad guys there's just a bunch of guys.
  16. Dtswiss

All faction might have started out with righteous causes and beliefs but at this stage all form of their governing bodies are corrupted either with money, oppression and brain washing. They all go through the circle of being called liberators, government and finally becoming oppressors by holding the power for too long.

TR @ one point might have been the defenders but it eventually lead to oppression (peace through oppression).
    NC @ one point might have been the answer for freedom but they are nothing more than conglomerates of companies based on profit at this stage. (Money governs all )
    VS @ enlightment through technology and advancement but they became single minded beings. (One path to rule them all)

It is the combination of all 3 factions that is the good faction, capitalism + progress in science uncheck by rules or regulations will lead to the down fall of society.

So who are the good guys? Obviously batman
    • Up x 1
  17. Paragon Exile

I don't recall seeing the TR or NC using plasma and energy weapons, or transcending mortality. :3

This is one of the biggest necrobumps I've ever seen. Only beaten by a 3-year old thread on the Galactic Civilizations forums. That one made me mad.
  18. Kristan

Freaking necroposters...
  19. DG-MOD-04

Old topic, locking it up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.