Who and what do you want in your voice pack? - ReachCast Episode 48 CQ

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Torkz, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Roadhouseman

i still love the voices of Dynamixs Starsiege Tribes... it was a god damn funny time then :)

PS2 should have a voice selection too as Tribes

2. EViLMinD

Christopher Walken for the NC. But, if SOE can't book him then I am available to impersonate him. Everybody tells me my Walken is bang on. Trust me, it is. No... I mean... REALLY... it is. Once you've heared it, you'll be able to tell the angels up in heaven that you never heard Walken so well done as the man who represents the best of the Waterson NC.

Will the public be able to submit voice packs to Player Studio? If so... get ready world.

I'd also like to have a robot voice. I want to sound like Shockwave from the original Transformers cartoon. That would be almost as dope as Walken (or my Walken).
    • Up x 2
  3. Javelin6

NC: Bruce Willis (what's more 'merca than Die Hard?)

VS: Peter Cullen (Voice of Optimus Prime 'nuff said)

TR: James Earl Jones (Vader's voice. What better for an imperialist ruler?)
  4. EaterOfBabies

For TR - heavy Russian accent

For NC - heavy redneck accent

For VS - heavy dubstep-oriented speech

Higby please.

EoB
    • Up x 1
  5. Pikachu

NC should get Higby's voice.
    • Up x 1
  6. ViXeN

I want some good taunts in my voicepack. :D
  7. ScrapyardBob

I want the ability to pick a voice pack for my character, from about half a dozen choices per faction. Then I'll only sound the same as 1:12 of the rest of my faction instead of all of sounding like clones.
  8. Lamat

Space Marine vox caster voice. If I'm in a suit with a closed helmet Id be projecting my voice electronicly. Or its going to sound like Kenny from South Park.
  9. Duvenel

Morgan Freema-

Oh wait, I already play VS...
  10. Stride

1) Thanks - Thanks breh.
    2) Heal - Come heal me or Imma shoot you in the face.
    3) Repair - Come repair me or Imma shoot you in the face.
    4) Ammo - Drop ammo or Imma shoot you in the face.
    5) Transport - Give me a ride or Imma C4 you in the face.
    6) Taunt - Id shoot you in the face but I already did.
    7) Help - Assist me or Imma shoot you in the face.
    8) Sorry - Sorry I shot you in the face.
    9) Confirm - Roger
    10) Check Fire - Stop shooting me in the face or Imma shoot you in the face.
    • Up x 6
  11. Gustavo M

• Up x 2
  12. Total_Overkill

Voice over for VS? Has to be Frank Welkers "Soundwave" ^_^
    Thats a voice i would follow onto the Vanu's Eternal Crusade!
  13. MrMurdok

I would love more specific Q spottings. As well as V orders, like "I need a gunner" "I need a hacker" "waiting for passangers" and what not.
  14. TachiFoxy

You've beaten me to it. But yes, get Logan Cunningham to do a general, all-faction "announcer" voice-pack. Like he's the voice of the NS or something. With him sounding just like he voices Rucks in Bastion.
  15. Stride

They had those in beta and I'm not 100% sure why they removed them. You could do stuff like tell people to "move out of the way" which I personally was surprised to see taken out.

If I had to guess they simply wanted to simplify voice commands. The way it was in beta a player had to press V then a number to select a category then another number to select the specific voice command from the category.

I suppose the devs just wanted a simple (V + number) instead of a (V + number + number) although I personally didn't mind it.
  16. FlexoRodriguez

Bender, Professor Farnsworth, and Zoidberg.
  17. eldarfalcongravtank

give this to my Max asap!
    • Up x 1
  18. GraphicJ

I just want a "Need a ride?" voice command. PS1 had soo many voice commands. Voice packs should just rest on the backburner until they implement the basics.
  19. Mustakrakish

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Gilbert Gottfried Voice Pack.

YESSSSS! I remember you doing a bit over the Command channel that went something like "Join the DVS Air Platoon, lead by me, Cristopher Walken!" I was in tears, man.
    • Up x 2
  20. DukeFlash

"In my dreams":
    Nathan Fillion for NC
    Keith David for TR?
    Jeff Goldblum for Vanu

More realistically, you could get some youtubers but please nobody like TotalBiscuit or AngryJoe who already have followers in the game, or Tobuscus who is just plain over-used. Just get some good voice actors or amusing personalities.

Such as Allyn Rachel from Bee and Puppycat (probably for NC)