Who actually uses...

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Reclaimer77, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Reclaimer77

The Eclipse? Anyone?

Just came back from about a 4 month break from PS, and well, I see this weapon is still a pile of crap that's not even worth the time investment. It doesn't even come close to being balanced against the NC and TR Directive carbines.

Come on Daybreak, how can you justify the state of this weapon?
  2. Acceleratio

Me! Exclusively!
    Seriously there is no other gun I use anymore on the LA!
    infinite ammo is such a nice "gimmick" as some may call it. I always try to survive as long as possible to make use of it too it changes the playsyle in alot of fun ways.
    I NEVER have worry about stupid engineers anymore not doing there job. Such a liberating feeling to join the footzerg and knowing to be independend, but I must also admit that I dont give a flying f*ck about KDR.
  3. Reclaimer77

Infinite ammo is pointless when you can't win a 1 v 1 due to clip size/overheat. When the Eclipse was first released, it came with a laser sight. That at least gave us a CHANCE to kill a Heavy in CQC.

I just still can't believe what utter garbage this gun is. It's an insult to VS LA!
  4. Iridar51

Eclipse should be able to fire the same 30 rounds before overheating as the stock Solstice. I've heard there was an issue that recent patch reverted Eclipse to previous condition, where it has only 25 rounds. Might want to look into that.
    • Up x 1
  5. Corezer

eclipse is the best carbine ever since ever and if you don't like it you're a terrorist!

solstice is a wildly underrated carbine and the model for the eclipse. The ease of which one can draw that dot to the head up close is vastly understated, and the controllability also makes up for other shortcomings at long range. The UBSG actually serves a purpose on the lower DPM/DPS solstice, where I find it entirely a waste on the other 2.

Controllability is largely neglected by the "elite" community though, it's a common rhetoric of the mediocre that getting good removes this as a factor, while the vast majority of actual MLG-level players ran ACRs in MW2 and roll VS in PS2.

I cant count how many times I've ran out of ammo on a really productive run, or times when I am skirmishing and such before I finally get to my desired location and I've only got 40-60 rounds left, eclipse fixes that too...
  6. Reclaimer77

I'm all about controlability. Which is why our best carbine, and my all-time personal favorite, is clearly the Pulsar C.
  7. Stormsinger

The Pulsar C is indeed amazing, but I find that I like the Zenith slightly more, due to the higher fire rate. It doesn't pack as much of a punch, true - but it's serviceable at all ranges.
  8. InterSpectra

I wish I had the Eclipse. +10k kills with the VE3 Solstice is the reason why I haven't yet unlocked the Eclipse. At the rate I play these days I'll unlock it in another 3 years. Almost done with the Pulsar C but the Solstice just feels like the perfect balance; most likely bias for having used it for so long.

[IMG]