[Whining] Feeling underpowered

Discussion in 'MAX' started by void666, May 17, 2013.

1. DoubleTake

I think C4 in general is a terrible idea, even balance-issues aside. Used as a trap? Sure, go ahead. But to have a Sunderer instantly die because one single guy - possibly with a jet pack - got close to it? An entire battle, thirty people on each side, just dies down because one single guy jumped on a bike, drove up next to the Sunderer and suicide-bombed it. It's just not fun, it doesn't make for good gameplay and it's too much power to one single person. Have them be planted instead, with a one or two second arming time.
  2. Jkar

To clarify, Vortex doesn't kill anything but an infiltrator without nanoweave in one charge unless they're damaged. It just made me laugh that people were complaining about me sniping them with an AV weapon when there were no tanks around and they started to annoy me with pot shots. It's also not difficult to hit targets that move in a straight line, the Vortex sucks however once you get into closer range engagements with infantry.

Anyway, C4 only potentially kills a MAX in one brick, if the MAX has no situational awareness or runs into a trap. Sure it can be frustrating but what about that LA recently that had to waste 3 bricks until he finally killed me and then it was only because I had eaten a rocket to the face and was at the edge of the blast radius? He wasted 300 infantry resources to kill me only for me to run right back with a fresh MAX suit. Get situational awareness and snap out of tunnel vision and you're fine.

It's also very funny to blow up those C4 bricks or mines people throw at you and kill them with their own explosives, talk about adding insult to injury.
  3. Liberty

Really it should be 2 c4 attached to the rear armor rather than two frisbee's thrown in a tanks direction. LIke I said, I'm fine with C4 Mechanics with the assumption that not everyone and their mother can carry it. However, if everyone could carry it at all times it really needs to be watered down.

It'd sort of be like if every class could carry a lock on rocket launcher, or every class had recon darts.

Just look at tank mines : Engineer only, 2 kill any vehicle not certed into mineguard. Has a hard counter that you can equip that all but negates the effectiveness of them. Its something like *seven* AV mines to kill a mineguarded sunderer.

Compare that to C4 : 2 kill any vehicle. (Technically 2 puts Sundy's in criticial) 3 for blockade certed sunderer. Any class but infiltrator can pull them. All that for a whooping 25 more infantry resources per brick. And I can't tell you the last time I've ever been below 25 units of anything : AI mines, AV, C4, HE grenades, Concussion, Medic etc and Med kits which all draw from the same pool, so its not like people can really hide behind "Well resource costs!"

If you are smart about never letting your resources sit at 750 or draining them below 100 (to pull a MAX if you need it) you will always have more C4, Nades, whatever.
  4. void666

Just change the C4 to not be throwable. If someone manage to sneak behind a max or a tank and plant the C4 they deserve to get the kill. But a LA flying around tossing C4 like grenades is a bad idea. I play LA and get a lot of kills like this. But i know it's unfair.