[Whining] Feeling underpowered

Discussion in 'MAX' started by void666, May 17, 2013.

1. void666

So i was inside a room, a light assault came, i started shooting him but of course my guns shoot rubber bullets. He threw a C4 5 meters away and killed me. I just rage quit.

I used Maxes as AA only before. Started playing Max AI for real a week ago. But since then i'm getting more and more frustrated. I believed a Max would be a killing machine. At least at close range. But no. They are big, slow, have a "shoot me" sign on their foreheads and their guns (mercies, onslaughts, mutilators) won't do much damage.
    I mean, it feels like i can drop people faster with a SMG than dual mini guns.

That's it. I shared my frustration. Going back to the meat grinder.

And i really wish C4 had to be planted instead of being throwable.
    • Up x 1
  2. Jkar

Well, in part I can understand your frustration. Earlier this evening I came up against an infiltrator with my AI setup and none of the bullets hit while he unloaded his SMG clip into me. I just walked up to him and punched him, he ran and suddenly my bullets would work again. Welcome to the life of an AI MAX.
  3. Liewec123

gotta agree, i've poured well over 4000 certs into my max, its so frustrating having a 5 minute wait all so some LA can sneak over, hurl a brick in your general direction and one shot you.
    C4 should either not be one shot or (as you said) need to be planted (maybe with a 1-2 sec plant time).
    no more throwing it and then one shotting you even if it seems its half the room away.
  4. BadLlama

C4 against none flak wearing MAX is a bit ridiculous. I will give you that.
  5. Paqu

You see or hear (yes they are loud now) a light assault flying at you with a detonator in his hand. What should you do? Sure you can try to shoot him which means you have couple seconds window to do that before he can throw the C4 and detonate or you can just turn around and hit charge. Charge away across the room, shoot once to stop the charge, turn around and kill him.

Or if thats too hard just get a flak armor... I rarely die to C4 when I play with my VS Max. And no I dont have flak armor. You just gotta know what you are doing and keep alert what is happening around you. Oh and dont ever chase anyone (unless if its infiltrator) around a corner or in a room. There is a very high chance he has planted C4 on the floor and is just waiting for you to come chase him down.
    • Up x 1
  6. Joe_da_cro

i fail to see the problem c4 costs 100 inf points max costs 100 inf. a good balance. if you get killed to c4 you need to pay attention to your surroundings better. just becuase you are in a max doesnt mean you should be able to insta gib any class you come across. c4 takes about a second to detonate as it is. and i have seen many skilled maxes charge sprint away when i drop my c4.
    • Up x 1
  7. Pikachu

It's only when it's done by LA that I find it annoying. For any other character I think c4 against MAXes is fine.
  8. Dalzaar¤

I can live with LA tossing C-4 around but what I don't like is:it does not matter if it's VS,TR or NC LA the jetpack sound is the same,I wish it was empire specific like the infiltrator cloak(well not as different as they are from each other) so I won't get really paranoid whenever I hear the jetpack because I have no way of telling if it's a friendly LA or an enemy.
  9. Dethfield

I dont mind LA's with C4, simply because they are one of the few ways to kill a MAX quickly. Every other class is fairly easily to kill, and LA's themselves are not hard to quickly gun down. Enemy MAX's are more problematic, depending on the situation, but cannot instantly kill you with C4.

For LA's, always be ready to use charge and get some distance between you and the LA. Usually he will have wasted his C4, or be otherwise far enough away for you to gun him down with little trouble. If you didnt see the LA coming, well you just need to pay attention to your surroundings. MAX's should be, and are, walking tanks, but even tank have weaknesses.
    • Up x 1
  10. Evil Monkey

The only thing underpoweed is the no hit rego bug. Happens about once every 10 kills.

The shots simply DO NOT register.

There was even a pattern of shots on the wall BEHIND the last guy I was shooting at. However an entire clip somehow missed his stationary body and a friendly engie had to finish him.

A bug since release. Does that make it a "feature?"
  11. Machine Spirit

the only thing that frustrates me to no end is NC scatmaxes, I got sniped by one yesterday not sure if he was just hacking or not, but he stood on the bio-dome airplatform and one shot killed me while I was all the way down.

I really think all factions should be getting somesort of weapon like that.

oh and SMG's that out-dps a LMG that really pisses me off too.. me and my friend discussed it while playing TR and we both agreed its really odd. (although this might be because I took a really long break from PS2)

but then again, that's just the things that boggle my mind, flame me all you want, its simply what I think.
  12. Gary

Reminded me of a video i highlighted some time ago!

www.twitch.tv/spencley/c/1776661
  13. Get2dachoppa

I got in a MAX's face the other night just unloading with my LMG and thought, "This guy must be the worst shot in the world". Then I realized "Oh, no hit bug"

Then I had the bug happen to me later that night in my MAX. Now I know how frustrated he must have felt. Needs an immediate fix.
  14. Dalzaar¤

Two ways to take out your foe when that bug happens:1.punch him! if he does not die,punch him again! 2.Move your aim a little to one side so the shots from atleast one of your guns hit him.
  15. GSZenith

wait until we get noob tube for our maxs in a few days...got 2k cert saved up and lots of lube.
  16. Jkar

They aren't noob tubes, they're frag launchers. I don't really see the point in equipping more than one of them, they're just too situational and I can already see idiots running in front of me and letting the frags bounce back at me. The only place where I might consider using two of them is to spam the hell out of tower staircases.
  17. Liberty

The fact that every class except infilitrator can carry c4 is pretty stupid. The fact that the heavy tank of infantry units can be pretty much 1 shot by everyone is equally dumb. I'd be fine with c4 1 shotting if you made it like an engie / demo specific role. If you are going to give it to everyone, have two bricks kill (50% each) or 1 if the Max is directly on top of the brick.

Max units are there to get into the thick of things and push the front lines. Its pretty much impossible to do that when almost every infantry class can 1 shot you and the most common class (HA) can nearly 1 shot you with a dumbfire decimator.

If all that wasn't bad enough, letting light assaults treat C4 like a frisbee downright idiotic.

Hopefully MAX'es get a pass like tanks did for their armor. I pull mine less and less because Heavy Assault is faster, more versatile and deadly at ranges >25M. That and LA's come at me with their guns and get cut down much easier.
  18. Jkar

The people calling me an aimbot user for killing them with dual Vortex at about 100m range would disagree with your deadly range of a MAX being below 25m. ;)

That said, C4 is fine. It costs just as much as a MAX and today I was only killed by it once as far as I can remember. On the other hand I did kill several LA trying to throw it at me by smacking them in the face. If anything they should have their base resist for small arms fire slightly increased, that's what makes them feel very squishy but without some sort of other tradeoff that wouldn't sit well with the majority of people.

My life expectancy in a MAX suit rises dramatically compared to any other class and I'm running auto repair. It just gives you so much staying power it's unbelievable. You just get one of those days sometimes where everything seems to go wrong.
  19. Liberty

I'm always baffled when I see someone post this kind of hyperbole. So you can OHK infantry @100 M with an AV weapon that requires a charge up and is A. Very difficult to hit a moving target and B. Very unwieldy with closer targets.

Its kind of like me saying "My Heavy Assault is unmatched in CQC thanks to my decimator".

Also, why does everyone think the "cost" of 100 to 100 is some sort of justification for kill power. I can pull a LA/HA/Medic/Engie every 8 seconds, but I can only pull a max every what? 5 Minutes?
  20. BigDaddyBruce

Heavy tanks -- actual tanks -- die to 2 C4. And if they have been damaged a bit, they die to 1 C4. Sounds pretty balanced to me that 1 C4 will kill a MAX.