Which shotgun?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Yidazen, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Yidazen

I am thinking of picking up a shotgun. Any pros/cons on the haymaker and nighthawk would be appreciated. I know most in my outfit use the nighthawk, but I like the extra rounds of the haymaker. Am I missing anything here?

Thanks in advance.
  2. AnuErebus

Personally I favor the Haymaker with an extended magazine. The Nighthawk just expends its rounds too quickly in larger encounters and you can fire the Haymaker at about the same speed. Sure you have to click repeatedly but that's a small price to pay for a few more rounds. The Haymaker can easily clean up half a squad before needing to reload if you play it smart.

Only real advantage of the Nighthawk is that it will win if two shotgun users start shooting each other at the same time. Barely. If another shotgun fires first though the first firing shotgun will most likely win.
    • Up x 1
  3. Christo92K

Out of the three, I liked both the Nighthawk and the Haymaker, but the extra ammo per mag really shines if you can use the gun well.

Also I think a semi-auto with a nice ammo capacity is good for slug use as well, you get to shoot more.

Nighthawk tears people apart, but I found it lacking if there are more people around in the same room.
    Bear in mind that I only trialed these guns, and I found the Barrage quite useless. Maybe certing gives different results.
  4. Yidazen

Thanks guys. This was how I was leaning. I like the extra rounds and clicking doesn't bother me as I have never been one to just hold the trigger down. Coming from counter strike from way back in the cal-league days.
  5. Hypest

Haymaker. As mentioned before the NH can run out of bullets fast (this is true both for bullets per mags and overall ammo capacity). Shotguns dominating everything below 5 meters, so that DPS loss is not that big of a problem unless the enemy has the autoshotgun which is uncommon. And the Haymaker is better for slugsniping, if that's your thing.
  6. Ghosty11

The auto shotgun (Nighthawk) has the smallest ammo pool and eats ammo, so it's great on an Engy, but horrible on an LA unless you run a maxed out ammo belt. Pick up the semi with the largest ammo pool. All shotguns should have the extended magazine certed.