which rifle for longer ranges

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Ravenclaw, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Ravenclaw

I engineer infantry support, default carbine is good at close range but seem awful at longer ranges...

any any expereience with the other guns, and if so which do you find seems more effective at longer range's?
  2. Gibber

The best weapon we can get for range ATM is the battle rifle Eidolon. I couldn't find it listed in the store for some reason. It it was available via the certs. Barring that on I think the next best is the SF with High Velocity Ammo loaded. =)
  3. Ravenclaw

I i forgot to mention I was TR oops
  4. Gibber

Hehe, I'm pretty sure it's the same... just with a different name. You should see it in your cert list if not expand you rifles and have a look for high velocity ammo. ;)
  5. Ghostfox

Im curious about how the battle rifles perform. I'd like to pick it up for out of base battles.
  6. Ravenclaw

yea we got a battle rifle but not sure what our equiv is with the SF

we got trac burst and trac S versions

so maybe for us is the S version
  7. Goats

I tried out the battle rifle at the end of beta, but not for long. It's got a 20 round magazine, single shot only, and can equip a lot of a attachments that help at long range. The projectile moves horridly slow, but the damage isn't that bad.
  8. Gaseous Snake

TR engineers don't have those but what we do have is switch fire modes. Press B on your keyboard and your Carbine switches to single bullet fire for accurate long range fire with no recoil. That's pretty much what I use to annoy pesky snipers and kill them.
  9. Goats

All empires have switch fire modes, and I know for sure that at least TR have battle rifles. They might not show up in the shop, but only as a cert for Engineer. I've seen someone else, TR, talking about their battle rifle before beta ended.
  10. Romalic

i use the eidolon as my main weapon, its good for short/medium depending on scope(anything from x1 up to x6), at close it can kill in 2 headshots or 1 head and 2 body, with a reflex at close range it fires as fast as you click and has managable recoil(yes it does recoil) the major drawback is that at medium range the damage dropoff for VS is criminally bad, ive put 15 rounds in an engineer before he dropped, it seems a little too much drop off, its a perfect weapon for the sneaky engineer who moves around with his squad and wants a precision weapon for kills
  11. PanzerGoddess

KSAR FTW. Get that for TR infy, if you wanting stopping power, works great for medium/long range with the 4x scope on. Handles well, reload decent. My opinion anywho.
  12. Synerrgy

I use the Warden right now 20bullet mags single shot, have 6x and 3.4x scope depending on situation. Plan on throwing a grip to help with burst fire stability but so far it works really well at med-long range, and at close range I shoot it like its a shotgun and normally can hold my own toe to toe with it!! Unlocked with 700station cash or 1000certs.
  13. RawrItsTandy

Burst fire mode on the Trac-5 S is better than the AMR-66, plus you don't sacrifice close range killing power with it either.
    I suggest the S over the burst since the S can equip almost any attachment including the high velocity ammo, compensators, grip or grenade launcher.
  14. Armcross

There are new battle rifles, I'll check them so you hould too.
  15. Doc Jim

Dude, this discussion happened almost five and a half years ago.
  16. Armcross

Regardless, they should check it now.
    • Up x 1