Which faction is the weakest?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BadAsElite, Jul 8, 2013.

1. llPendragon

I should have mentioned this in my post.
    NC has born the brunt of the nerfs in the past couple of months, while they continue to get new items that are well balanced. Both VS and TR have gotten some really great new items recently. VS has had it's ranged damage reduction removed, and the balance passes on their items have all been favorable. NC and TR are currently closer in ability than NC and VS.
    If the factions were balanced two months ago, then NC is UP now.
    I believe the roadmap continues to favor TR or VS for the next couple of updates, so the gap will stay the same, or more likely grow in the short term. This is my opinion though, and I hope I'm wrong. :)

It's a cycle. VS is currently on top, TR is solidly in the middle, and NC is on bottom.
    • Up x 3
  2. Xasapis

Tell me your server and I'll tell you which faction you think is underpowered ;)
  3. deggy

I'm not being rude or trolling, just pointing something out. Really, don't take this wrong.

You see it as:
    VS on top
    TR in the middle
    NC at the bottom.

Your characters are:
    VS: BR15
    TR: BR24
    NC: BR77

I think most people are going to end up with a pattern like this. The perceived power of a faction decreases as you play it for more hours.
    • Up x 1
  4. BeefJerky

From NC perspective

VS: OMGGG ZOE OPPPP - easy faction
    TR: OMG LOCKONNUB FACTION - easy faction
    NC: WE SO COOLZ WE CANZ CONTROL RECOIL- hard faction

From TR perspective
    VS: OMGGG ZOE OPPPP - easy faction
    NC: OMG SCATMAX OPPPPP - easy faction
    TR: OMG AIMING IS FOR NUBS LOCKON IS BEST - hard faction

From VS perspective:
    -depends on server, and quality of players
    • Up x 1
  5. Darthbob509

NC pugs are derpy. So it feels like your pulling 5 times your weight. Also played a bit of tr. And the same issues arrived.... You know what the player base is the weakest faction.
  6. Coffee Hound

Absolutely this.

I play all three empires, and they seem very balanced to me. Even a few percentage point difference in population is pretty significant and easily makes up for any perceived weapon balance issue.
  7. treeHamster

HAHAHA, they soooo should do that. It would sell out sooo fast. I wouldn't mind if they got a camo like that and nobody else. It would be a way to give SOE some more money without unbalancing the game.

Also, the NC have the best ESF but the Vanny and Prowler are on nearly equal footing. The Stiker is the best ESL and the Fractures are the best MAX AV. The MAX shotguns are king at camping corners. Really the NC have some good equipment but I would say the TR have the best equipment overall.

The VS are the real ones that need something good. They have the weakest equipment overall.

The infantry small arms guns are about equal across the board. All the LMG's, carbines, SMG's, SR's, and AR's, and shotguns are all about balanced. The pistols are all decently balanced except that the Beamer is the worst of them all.
  8. vanu123

NS jack of all trades and master of none.
  9. llPendragon

I've created a half dozen VS characters. This is just the only one I've kept. The easiest way to get a feel for weapons is to create a new account and preview them.
    My signature also doesn't show that I have two active TR accounts. I've played TR on Waterson more because some of my friends play TR there. That's why I added it to my signature, so they could find me.
    If I had only played VS for the first 7 hours I'd ever played PS2, you'd have a point. However, my almost 26 days of in-game experience is the same no matter which color I'm wearing.
    • Up x 1
  10. BadAsElite

The general responce mainly from reading so far is mainly NC being dubbed the weakest. Personally I believe its mainly due to our weapons "Bloom" as its really high.
    • Up x 1
  11. HerpTheDerp

It's higher but your RoF is lower. Bloom over time is about equal for all weapons and empires.

It's the recoil that's the problem, doubly so now that grips don't affect it, and your empire's main "feature" - great accuracy in stationary ADS - that is simply worthless in actual combat scenarios.
  12. y3ivan

small arms balance is very minor, due to the fact that most of the weapons in each faction are nearly identical. However some NC weapons need some slight buff, ie: ACX11 razor

ES weapons, MAX and vehicles having a slight problem right now with all those new stuff SOE added. On top of that, NC has the worst vehicle ES secondaries and sidegrade.
  13. Scorponok

NC doesnt have the worst lol...if you really feel its that bad your in the wrong faction...
  14. Phrygen

None of the factions are stronger or weaker based on weaponry.

Each faction will has the ability to perform marginally better in certain circumstances assuming equal numbers depending on the tactics utilized by the opposing forces.

Much more often, Numbers, overall pop, tactics, strategy, player skill, high ground and cover etc will be far more influential to engagements than which factions are in the fight.

In short, the factions are very balanced considering how many factors are involved, and the complaints on the forums do not really reflect actual balance discrepancies. However certain imbalances still do exist in certain areas, mostly with vehicles, and the devs are still improving those, even if those imbalances are not very significant in the grand scheme of things.

Lastly, new weapons always have a significant chance of being balance, so pointing to "that awesome new OP weapon released 2 weeks ago" is not a great way to gauge faction balance. Also, nanite systems must be left out completely, aka no bringing up the harasser.
  15. Blazini

NC by far... AV sucks JH is no better then reg shotty...Max ability sucks compared to other factions... All this could be fixed though if the Devs designed the NC for the new style of PS ... ranged combat...
  16. Rogueghost

Flares are a must no matter who you are flying over, especially now that standard lock on rocket launchers are only 250 certs.
  17. freeze

if you really think that it's the same, then I feel jealous.

ignorance is bliss I guess.
  18. The King

I would say they have the best. lol
    They surely beat sarons by a lot...
    (the enforcer)
    The one that cost 250certs... they both pretty much suck compared to the TR's by a longshot.
  19. Rogueghost

With about 1 out of 5 heavies fielding anti air lock on rockets, and it taking around 4-3 rockets to kill an ESF. Flares are still required no matter what color you sport if you want to keep your aircraft up longer then 10 minutes.

Those statistics I completely just bullsh*ted and are just based on the number of anti air launchers poping up on my maxes deathscreen.
  20. Scorponok

AX-11 and Razor is some of the best carbines in the game...why would they need a buff? they get nerfed due to being overpowered.