Which faction is the weakest?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BadAsElite, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Stride

The weakest faction is usually the least populated faction. Despite how good people claim VS are on other servers with their "OP" weapons and what not they get pretty beat up on Waterson frequently simply because of our lower population.

All I have to say is that you should just choose your faction based on cosmetic appeal and choose your server based on the population that suits you. Although I would encourage helping the lowest pop faction out! :)
  2. Larolyn

Whichever faction has least population on a server is underpowered. Numbers is what this game is all about. You got the numbers, you can accomplish anything. Well, perhaps not actually getting the NC to listen to orders or play smart. But that's a different discussion.
  3. Ivalician

RIGHT?! The silhouette looks exactly the same! Yeah, I love the Mosquito model too.
  4. WUNDER8AR

The 4th faction. Their loyality is up
    • Up x 1
  5. LivesInNameOnly

vs is the best no contest. best max, best infantry, best MBT, best ESF, best mines
    • Up x 1
  6. Stride

I'm sorry is it opposite day? I don't think that really answers the OP question derp.
  7. K3STR3L

No one ever complained about the bursters then?
  8. The King

I agree. The one with the lowest population on the server you're playing.

For Matterson... The weakest one is TR and then NC..

For Waterson,.. It's VS

For others, I dont' know anymore..

If they were all equal...
    I wouldn't really know. I would say NC for one thing and one thing only. It'll Be Because of short range MAXes..\Though, I am not taking into consideration why they have the shortest range. It may very well be due to their heavies having good long range LMGs like the SAW... :rolleyes:
  9. WUNDER8AR

Really there is no best or weakest overall. Everyone has their ezmode toys/ crutches to compensate for lack of choices/ skill
  10. starlinvf

All population and skill levels equal, it boils down how the weapons have situational advantages.

NC has the strongest mid-range infantry simply because they are "out classed in every other area", save one exception. Conceptually they have the strongest Tank, but they only work to full effect if the driver is able to control how the battle is fought (in other words, force a mid-range slug fest). Because of that highly situational design of all their weapons, and the low margin for error as a result, NC have the highest skill floor, the highest skill cap, leading to the largest skill gap in its population. As the average skill level of the server goes up, you will notice a very clear line between good and bad players on that empire. Waterson's air game being the most obvious example. Most Reaver pilots are terrible, but that very select few that get good with it are the only ones capable of staying alive long enough to be effective. But any average pilot could hop into a Mossie or Scythe and effectively control both air and ground until a much higher level skilled pilot enters the air space. (And for those who argue that the Phoenix's power is great, its largely ineffective against fast moving targets). Overall this empire requires more up front skill, which incidentally leads to a higher averaged skill level in its player base.

TR have the most mechanical advantages in all areas except long range infantry. High RoF weapons with larger mags effectively give their infantry strong CQC and Hipfire capabilities, with a much lower skill floor and significant margin for error. Their empire abilities synergize well with their weapon designs, and any of the proclaimed weakness of the Anchor are quickly mitigated with good positioning. Without their abilities, their ES weapons still maintain equal, or even superior, performance to their counterparts on the NC and VS. Prowler maintains the highest base DPS, Striker has the highest utility against any type of vehicle, MCG has the highest starting accuracy, longest sustained fire, and longest effective range of any of the Heavy weapons, Mossies have the highest speed and acceleration, and now the Vulcan and Marauder are the kings of vehicle top mounts. As an end result, the empire as a whole has a relatively low skill cap, allowing their population's effectiveness to stack very quickly. And of the few high skill cap weapons they have (particularly the Fracture, Pounder, and arguably the MCG), the output of these weapons are still impressive when in skilled hands. Overall, this empire is the easiest to get started in, and allows players of all skill levels to be effective. Incidentally, this is also why your average TR is more individualist and lot more ballsy then other empires.

The VS are mixed bag when it comes to equipment. Their normal weapons have more stable recoil patterns, moderate damage, but comparable RoF to the TR (you will see VS favor fast firing infantry weapons as a result). Their ES equipment on the other hand have a moderately high skill floor, but relatively low skill cap and below average single unit output. This unfortunately requires them to have have at least 2 units to match the other empires on starting power scale. However, the weapons do have a higher coefficient in combined arms situations, making them incredibly more effective then other empires when coordinated. Their abilities also have a fine line between marginally and highly effective, which regularly causes them to swing between equipment with every major patch. Overall, this empire better rewards higher skill levels, but is usually undermined as they stick with their more inherently powerful weapons.
    • Up x 3
  11. WUNDER8AR

You talk about a low margin of error and a high skill ceiling for the NC. Smart move not to mention auto shotgun MAX suits and the Vanguard shield in the same sentence. You've also seemed to forget common pool weapons in your equation, which, in actuality, fill almost all gaps there are for particular empires in particular situations. Not to mention the fact that unique faction traits in regards to weapons hardly exist to begin with. You're downplaying the Vanguards strengths by calling proper positioning a form of skill that is required in order to succeed, and at the same time you're downplaying the importance of being able to properly position yourself in regards to anchor mode. I could go on but it's obvious that you lost all credibility the moment you name the MCG as the best long range Heavy weapon in the game. Obvious TR hater is NC in disguise.
  12. pnkdth

Whichever faction I play at the time because if I lose a fight it is due to the enemy having overpowered stuff.

Remember, always blame someone else! Whining on the forum and clamouring for nerfs is much more fulfilling than developing skill to overcome challenges.
  13. Primarkka

NC is the weakest faction, for all NC players I have come across are really bad.
    • Up x 1
  14. Gary

Using different Categories is the easiest way to do it..

MBTS - VS are definitely at the top of this board, TR are at the bottom the prowler is just to situational and until anchor is maxed you lose most fights.

ESF - Would Say TR are at the top however with the incoming ESF changes this may change. NC at the top with the mobility

Weapons - VS are at the top mainly.. Alot of the VS weapons appear to be almost direct upgrades when compared to TR weaponry. Over all the TR just lack the variety offered to VS/NC

Seconday AV weapons - VS/NC very close.. probably favour VS more due to the ability to dump the magazine at closer ranges. Again the TR is just to situational

Seconday AI Weapons - TR take this one with the Maurader, NC sadly fall WAAAAAY Behind with the shotgun *chuckles*

What made me pick the TR? In the closed beta i played each faction for an hour or so, met the outfit i am in currently on the beta and stuck with them. Friends/Outfit decided my choice not how OP or UP the faction is, don't swap factions bewteen patches. Ofc i have a VS and NC alt i play from time to time but nowhere near as much as the TR character since that is were my outfit lies.
  15. P4NJ

The one I'm playing. Which is essentially what 90% of people say.
  16. Primarkka

You should always balance from the maximum potential of a faction, that's why the Prowler with a lockdown is the best tank in this game.

The ESF is massively skewed to the NC, as dog fighting in this game is reverse-hover + burst damaging.

The only lacking part of TR weaponry is the missing 167 damage carbine.

The Vulcan is very powerful when used as a point-defense turret against aircraft doing strafing runs and harassers going around you.
    Use the Vulcan in a lockdown AP combo.
  17. Pikachu

Donno who has the weakest stuff but NC feels weakest because of the low performing players.
  18. Scorponok

NC hardest faction? lol your kidding right? :) Its the easiest faction.
    • Up x 1
  19. asmodraxus

The TR perspective NC and VS are OP and the TR needs buffing.

The NC perspective TR and VS are OP and the NC needs buffing.

The VS perspective TR and NC are OP and the VS needs buffing.

The reality is that some weapons and classes along all empires are OP as hell (Marauder and Vulcan?) whilst some are actually weak (possibly Vortex AV max pistols). So there will be adjustments from time to time (see Magrider) some times they are a bit too harsh (see GU2 breaking the Magrider) other times they are merely lip service (Zoe nerf?).
  20. Riku

First of all, I'm not biased. It's simple. TR & NC are completely op. It's unbelievable.
    VS should be buffed n boosted to heaven to compete, but VS are usually all very good so they can balance it out with skill (& spandex) :3