Which Cosmetics?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ElzitoNC, Nov 26, 2015.

1. ElzitoNC

Hello everyone,

So I'm planning on buying some DBC during the 25% off sale and wanted to spend it (mainly) on cosmetics. I already own a couple of camos (giraffe,cells,war embers,dry brush and scary faces) I main NC. I also have the badak helmet but I'm not a big fan of it so was looking for another one. Was planning on buying the "deaths head" for 699, the composite armour bundle for 999 and a couple of continent camos. Any recommendations for camos or other helmets? Any really good cosmetics for vehicles? I mostly use harasser and reaver. However I will occasionally play VS/TR so some cross faction cosmetics would be ideal.

Cheers
    -Elzito
  2. PasitheeVS

Well, Camos....

I can suggest you the following:

For looking fabolous:

Tech Camo (all factions) it is completely silver metallic and looks great with chrome glass decal on Aircrafts.
    Also, it is a good camo for Esamir.

Halftone Camo (faction only) the oldest and I think the most beautiful shiny camo in the game

Night Shade (all factions) the only shiny green camo, looks great in Amerish and is well camouflaged in the swamp water surfaces in Hossin.

Christmas Camos last christmas some camos were available for a short time, only for christmas.
    Some were so extremely ugly, they were real uhm... rarities... Maybe you google them up.

For camouflage only:

Indar Dry Ocean (all factions) The color fits pretty great to northern Indar (the dry ocean, you know...) and also pretty nice to the dirt in the south of Indar. Also looks great because it looks very military-like.

Indar Canyons v2 (all factions) It's a pretty good compromise for the different ground textures in southern Indar.

Amerish Scrub great for Amerish, South-western Indar and Hossin

Indar Dunes great for the canyons in south-eastern Indar and the rocks everywhere in Indar

Bladestar Camo should be nice in buildings, due to the NS-color-sheme used. Don't have it so far...

!!! Generally I wouldn't suggest you to buy buy the Cosmetics for the original price around christmas, because SOE back then had some nice Promotions for christmas. Like -50% Cash on everything, Daily sales for 99DBC (no matter how much it costs normally), stuff that costs 1 DBC in the Premium daily Sales, too. !!!

3. FieldMarshall

The composite bundle is really nice. Composite armor was one of the first things i spent money on.

If you dont mind waiting, there may be some great christmas deals. I got several cosmetics for 1DBC and some at 99DBC

If you want continent camo, Air Camo works really well for Esamir. Its almost completely white.
    Sigma Mechanic is imo the coolest NC helmet. Though its all subjective what different people like.
    (Picture: Medic with Air Camo, Sigma Mechanic helmet and Composite Armor)
    [IMG]

I also wouldnt be able to live without my Sunderer cosmetics, but thats just me.
    (Picture: Sunderer with Mr. Plow Bumper, Lumifiber Trim, Yellow Chassis Lights, Gripmaster Tire Spikes, Sunderer Riot Armor and Solid Blue Camo)
    [IMG]
    bling bling
  4. maxwell smart

i wish this game had some funny cosmetics u can add....
    well i dont want it to go all tf2 but this game is trying to be too serious.

i would rock LA in a pink fairy dress stabbing u with my magic wand.(lol sounds kinda kinky)
    or give me a creepy clowns costume.
    i would even go with a japanese girly sailor uniform.

i dont know something that would make ppl go rofl

also i would like customizable explosions on vehicles why not explode in ur factions color ^^
    or an explosion where ballons are released.

well just something funny

the most funny item i have seen is that candy gun.
    then again its not very funny....

5. Eulayze

I have to second Tech camo and sundy bling. Tech camo is one of those that looks good on every vehicle as well as your character and guns. And the sundy has so many options for cosmetics, you can do a lot with it and you likely won't see anyone else running around with the same setup.
  6. DooDooBreff

cardboard camo is great

but get yourself a second burster with DBC if you dont have one already
  7. ElzitoNC

So. I'm planning to buy the $36 pack to get 5000 DBC. For these christmas sales is it the DBC that is discounted or the ingame items?
  8. ElzitoNC

Anyone know? There's around 45m left for the black friday sales so I'm wondering if I should buy now or hold off until christmas.
  9. RedArmy

Currently im wearing:
    Limited Edition Black Flames Camo $30 (yes $30 for camo thats not a typo)
    Bahamut Mask $10
    Composite armor Bundle $6
    Skull n CrossWrenches Decal $1