Which certs will improve my the most?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Kapernum, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Kapernum

I'm playing as TR. I mostly find myself being in close to medium combat. I have close to 700 certs and have already spent 4 points in nanoweave and one point in flak armor, sprint and jetpacks. Should I keep saving for nano 5 or maybe get a new weapon?

I'm not going to use a grenade launcher by the way, that's not how I roll.
  2. Skiptis

Do you play mostly LA? Are you happy with the stock gun? Do you often find isolated vehicles / MAXes? How often do you do base work (generators / generally getting in early and causing havoc)? Do you lone wolf or squad up?

I'd say get another level or two in jump jets because there's no downside to it, it's relatively cheap and it's a pretty big QoL change if nothing else, plus you'll always be using them (unless you go drifter, but yeah). Beyond that it depends. As for weapons keep in mind that any weapon you choose will have both benefits and tradeoffs. Going from no C4 to having C4 has zero drawbacks (unless you're switching out a med / resto kit), it's just a matter of whether you'll be using it once you have it. Sticking with nanoweave 4 should be just fine for a long time to come.
    • Up x 1
  3. Jac70

The difference between Nano5 and Nano4 is not significant enough to warrant 1000certs in most peoples opinion so I would wait till you have certs to spare.

If you are after a new weapon, I have seen people be quite effective using LA and a shotgun for surpirse cqc assaults.

C4 is also another very good option especially in you can get 2 packs.
    • Up x 1
  4. Mrasap

Which cert would benefit you the most depends on your playstyle but if anything don't buy the nanoweave.

*edit* just saw you don't have 2 packs of C4, most LAs I know said they didn't regret it
  5. Skiptis

Shotguns are fairly niche. I love both of mine but if you're going to spend certs specifically I'd put them way, way down on priority. Short to medium range is more of a CQC carbine description and I'd cautiously advice the OP to make one of them a medium term goal (but since I main team glorious purple spandex I wouldn't know which) depending on what cert upgrades he/she/it would get any good use out of.
  6. Kapernum

I play exclusively as LA, sometimes as MAX is we need AA. Mostly, I'm happy with the default although I think I'll pick up the Lynx for SC. I always play in a squad and while I rarely focus on generators I tend to be the guy that's running in wherever. I don't really care about KDR and I know if one runs more will follow. Unless I run into a Lightning tank..

I just picked up some C4, got another two points in jetpacks and I think I'll save some certs for the Lynx.
  7. Vorpal

Nothing improves your capabilities as an La more than getting C4. Nothing.

one brick will kill a max. Two bricks will kill a tank. As an LA you should have ample opportunity to get in positions to place them.

The first time you jetpack above a sunderer and drop a C4 amongst the dozen people gathered there then set it of...you'll know what I mean.

As a general rule, certs that let you do NEW things are better than certs that let you do existing things slightly better.
    • Up x 3
  8. Iridar51

Aww, what a nice community we have, brings a happy tear to my eye.
  9. Kapernum

Hell yes, the C4 was a great addition. Now instead of hiding from a tank I can be creative and try something on my own. Even if I fail and die it gets a lot more interesting.

I also picked up the Lynx with relfex sight and adv. laser. And oh man I can actually rack up +5 killing sprees now. I've soon killed as many guys with the Lynx as I have with the Trac-5, only I've done it in less than half of the Trac-5 playtime.

I recommend any LA to get the Lynx.