Which carbine (nc) is worth it

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheShotgun, May 17, 2014.

1. TheShotgun

Was really interested in the cyclone for my light assault but the bandit seems to just be better in every way is there something I am missing?
    Thanks for reading.
  2. OddChelsea

Don't underestimate the cyclone's RoF advantage over the bandit. If you like to get up close and personal the cyclone will win every time. The bandit is however a good choice if you want a bit more versatile cyclone. The cyclone is also superior for hipfiring though the bandit can do this job well also. The razor is the best long range carbine easily, that velocity, recoil and even the reload can't be dismissed. The merc is amazing as a general purpose gun when you don't know what you will run into. The ACX-11 is a mid range monster that fires slow moving trucks at the enemy. Best kept in mid range engagements as in your face it will suffer and the velocity could be better. The compact s has it's advantages in versatility and attachments, not a gun to overlook if you want something that can have a weapon on your weapon (yo dawg) or just usable at any range.

EDIT: Person below me mentioned the GD-7F which I forgot to mention. Best CQC carbine available but only good for CQC engagements. The handling, damage profile and RoF is simply too much for beyond that.
  3. Azarga

Cyclone is an SMG, not a carbine, thus every class can use it. Decent gun.
    Among NC carbines GD-7F for CQC, Mercenary (stock) for everything else.
  4. Dinapuff

the mercenary is great, but so is the NS variant. All it does is trade a bit less stopping power for better ADS accuracy.
  5. OddChelsea

More than a bit but that's the razor's job and the razor is simply better than the NS-11C for everything BUT having 0.75x ADS speed, which the bandit now provides in a more damaging package...
    • Up x 2
  6. SeanFree

I'm about to auruxium the Razor, I already have the GD-7F auruxiumed and can honestly say I prefer the Razor. The chain headshots you can pull off are fantastic and make up for the subpar TTK. I know it's not a carbine but my friend is quite high on the Blitz as a LA weapon as well, you can mow down a lot of unaware enemies in a hurry with it.
  7. EGuardian1

GD-7F will see you through most fights in this game, for those times you need something a bit 'more' and reach out and touch someone, Razor and AC-X11 are solid choices. I have GD-7F and Razor Auraxiumed - about 400 away from AC-X11

GD-7F - You will run out of ammo, you will miss a burst and curse yourself because "CRAP. I CAN"T KILL THIS GUY IN FRONT OF ME BECAUSE I"M RELOADING)

Razor - Unless you can aim very well, you will wish it fired faster - you will gripe about the recoil - but it's bearable and with some practice you'll score very nice head shots.

AC-X11 - If you can aim, this is a complete monster. As a Light Assault with a Suppressor, you can hide in the heights and rain nothing but devastating head shots. In CQC you WILL panic, but if you can aim, you can out DPS your opponent on occasion.
  8. Codex561

If you play NC you really need only 3 carbines:
    Mercenary
    AC-11X
    GD-7F
    • Up x 4
  9. Prudentia

First gen Pump action :>
    coupled with Adrenaline pump you'll have lots and lots of fun

Edit: i just noticed the name of the OP :D
  10. LibertyRevolution

GD-7F is the high ROF carbine you are looking for.

I use 2 guns on my NC LA.
    Piston full auto shotgun with extended mags and HSNV.
    GD-7F adv laser/suppressor/softpoint/HSNV.

I also have a Razor and ACX-11.. I don't use them, they require aiming...
  11. NC_agent00kevin

Only correction to this thread I can see is that I definitely do not recommend a suppressor on the ACX11.
  12. DashRendar

All Carbines NC side are useful and worthwhile, but beware they're all within 5% of each other function wise, exceptions being the GD-7F and AC-X11. If you want something that's "different" than the stock Mercenary, and not a slight tweak, then you have to choose one of those two instead. The GD-7F has a low TTK and bad handling, the AC-X11 has a high TTK and bad accuracy... but it's got mad swag.
    • Up x 2
  13. Popejustice

I've been playing TR lately after a long stint in NC over the summer. The one thing i miss more than the god-saw, the enforcer, or the vanguard is the AC-X11. Slap a foregrip a x1/x2 reflex sight with high velocity ammo and a silencer. I used that loadout when the spawn was being camped to jumpjet around and put down campers. It is one of the most unique and most fun guns to use IMO and for 250 certs it's well... the T5-AMC just doesn't feel the same (still a great gun though).
  14. MarkAntony

The AC-X11 works well for me. 3,4x red dot sight HVA, Compensator and forward grip.

Generally for CQC you have the GD-7F. With advanced laser sight, flash supppressor, soft point and either 1x or IRNV. Awesome out to 15-20m. Workable to 40m. Beyond 40m it's just not accurate or damaging enough.

Medium Range I like the Razor GD-23. Good medium to long range gun but imo surpassed by the AC-X11.
  15. Uliseh

GD-7F its a beast in CQC , pretty damn good when storming a base with silencer

For medium and long ranges the Mercenary its pretty good , also the ACX11 too
  16. Whatupwidat

Razor's my main all round carbine, and the Gauss Compact S for when I want to noob-it-up with an underbarrel grenade launcher.
  17. Trudriban

The NC are super spoiled when it comes to carbines and ARs, each one is awesome and actually different unlike most of the TR and VS arsenals. AC-X11 is fantastic if you mainly aim down sights, razer is awesome if you want a mercenary that has great control, and the gauss compact S is always a solid choice even without the underbarrel since ammo types and a compensator can make a world of difference. Unfortunately I wouldn't know anything about the GD-7F or the Bandit since I've only used them in VR, but the way I see it the former is for hipfire CQC and the latter for ADS CQC
  18. Goretzu

Er.... if you forget about the Razor, then you've likely haven't played NC, and if you don't think the Razor is one of the NCs best carbines you definately haven't played NC!
  19. Uliseh

Wich is the difference between the Mercenary and the Razor? because imo they feel the same
  20. Mxiter

Razor have much better velocity, more attachments (compensator + HVA) and lower vertical recoil (lower per shot and lower ROF) wich makes it more stable. It also have a better reload speed and lower first shot multiplier.
    The mercernary have higher ROF mainly and a slightly better horizontal recoil.

Back to the OP, the bandist is a straight upgrade to SMGs.

SMGs have only better hipfiring COF and slightly better ROF/TTK.
    But the bandit is just far more versatile (like most non-SMGs weapons are)