Which came first: The C4 or the Rocket?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alexanor, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Alexanor

As it currently stands, any time an explosive detonates another explosive, the original explosive gets the credit; that is, if a rocket hits a target, which also triggers a C4, the C4 is counted as if it were placed by the rocket and the HA gets ALL the credit.

Am I the only one disappointed by this? I suppose you could say it's a drawback of the C4, but nothing is more /rage than running up to a tank, plopping down a couple of C4, and then dying by your own C4 while the 8 million HAs firing rockets get all the credit and you get a death.

You could argue both ways -- my rocket blew up your C4, so I should get credit. Likewise, if my C4 hadn't been there, your rocket wouldn't have blown up the tank. My only argument is that C4 actually costs 100 resources per brick (and tank mines 75 per pizza), so I almost feel as if credit should be given to them instead.

IMHO. Just curious as to how others feel?
    • Up x 4
  2. jiggu

It's really silly. If you're working together with a friend to C4 a sundie and he blows his C4 too close to yours you don't even get any credit since he blew up all the C4.
  3. PlatoonLeaderG

Sometimes the @#$% sniper(from your faction) will shoot the c4 before you detonate and get only a miserable death.......... while he takes the credit for being an *** far away from the battle.
  4. Codex561

Its been a year since I saw a thread about this!
  5. MuchachoBob

Honestly, who cares? It's a team game, once the sunderer is gone, everyone should be happy the enemy is pushed back.

Yesterday, I dropped some C4 on a TR sundy and an ESF blew it up as I got hit by a sniper. I just cheered.
    The lulz part was that I think it was a Mossie trying to hit me. :p
  6. Robes

I've actually had that happen before, i proceeded to go kill him, took a lucky guess on where he would respawn and camped him there until he went somewhere else, after looking around for a bit i found him again and continued camping him, followed him to esmir from indar (players page ftw) and proceeded to continue camping him, he finally logged out after somewhere between 1-2 hours of this. I highly suggest taking that coarse of action when this happens, im willing to bet he thinks twice now before doing that.
    • Up x 1