Where's the kill log now that it's not in chat?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Plague Rat, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Plague Rat

Yeah so where can I see the names of people I've killed and who have killed me. Now that it's no in chat I have no way of seeing the names of people I'm killing except for the quick flash of it or the death screen.
  2. Wintermaulz

its gone. You can say bye to it now. "Bye kill log!"
    • Up x 1
  3. Plague Rat

So they basically made it impossible to report hackers unless you can copy down their obsenely long BS name in the 3 seconds the death window is open... fantastic.
  4. zizeff

its still there but its buged at the moment it only works on new toons
  5. Plague Rat

Ah, okay, will have to wait until they fix it then. All for the best, I've been getting crippling latency since GU02 so I'm about ready for a vactation from the game for a while until it smooths out again. Unless of course their downloader, which pretty much ate all the bandwidth on my network for an hour while getting GU02, caused my ISP to downrank their priority, then I'm just screwed. Same thing happened with WoW once since they use a peer-to-peer downloading and it took bliz a month to get it sorted out, so really hoping that's not what happened here.
  6. makrome

/who seems to broken too
  7. t31os

Apparently it was removed, if what others have been saying is anything to go by.
  8. EvilKoala

Type /report and a report window comes up. There's a button to auto fill the name of the last person to kill you.

EDIT: One issue I've noticed with this, is that it will auto complete with the players outfit tag, but when you submit it the name is not recognized. Remove the outfit tag and it will work.
    • Up x 1
  9. Plague Rat

Ah brilliant. Guess that goes to show how often I report people =P Thanks.
    Will probably still wait a while for the latency issues to resolve but good to know I have a course of action if the kill log isn't back by then.
  10. Crashsplash

The killspam was one of those little things that seemingly didn't matter so much that added to the overall enjoyment of the game more than you would have thought.

For instance, everyone would watch the killspam and you would get to know who the dangerous enemies were, thier names became known and if you were in a base and you saw one of the 'names' in the killspam you knew you would be having a good fight.

Now, pretty much all enemy are anonymous and I couldn't name a good NC/VS outfit on Miller, I'm sure they are there it's just the anominity of it all.

It also helped greatly that the chat window didn't disappear before you could read them.
  11. makrome

a new chattab, with system messages (kills, killed, and whatnot) would be nice to have
  12. Syylara

While I'd appreciate having the kill log back as well...the report function is still more reliable since the names in the kill log aren't 'linkable' and you can still be thrown off by capital I vs. lower-case L and 'zero' vs. 'oh', etc.