Where is the report on SOE Live?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chewy102, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Chewy102

It's Monday the 5th now and we have not heard or read anything of an official report on who won at SOE Live when we was told that details would be told on the 3rd! If it wasn't for the players posting on twitter showing off gift cards and on their outfits forums then we wouldn't know a damned thing. Why the hell is it taking so long to make a forum post saying who did what and more importantly WHO WON?

From being told on the DVS forums and by Boyer (Future Crew member) the winners are

1. Future Crew, VS
    2. Nononsense combo team, VS
    3. DVS, VS

Im certain that Im not the only person that wants details on this. I want to know K/Ds, number of base caps/defends, and anything else that was used in the points system. SOE, this was a CASH MONEY event and you haven't reported a damned thing about it yet. Bad show in all parts. We need to know details and this wait is starting to tell a story of its own, that story is not turning out good. You do not offer cash without details to back that **** up.

The fact that VS teams took top 3 is something to talk about but without details we don't know WHY. Then there is something that Boyer said in the PSU forums.
    http://www.planetside-universe.com/showthread.php?t=56228
    "I got a quick look at a score total table and we'll just say that the point margin between 1st and 2nd was 4 digits."

A 4 digit point gap between 1st and 2nd place? What the hell is going on and how did that happen? Im not calling out Future Crew (they are good people as far as I know) but a 4 DIGIT point gap ( 1,000 at least) is something that needs to be talked over when the highest point value is 50 for each player at a base cap/defend (300 if entire team is there).

This is not how you run an event. More so when real money is a prize. And even more so when that cash prize is in the thousands.
    • Up x 2
  2. NoXousX

3. Boyer

Armchair quarterbacks man.....
  4. NinjaTurtle

Kind of hoping Luperza will cover it on FNO this week... assuming there is going to be one this week
  5. SirPurplePeopleEater

Would like to see some numbers for this.
  6. Cyrek

People watch these things?
    • Up x 1
  7. itzCujo666

+1

I was SUPER curious....but without details, my short attention span is forgetting what I wanted to know...

I haven't seen any codes or swag on ebay. Maybe SOE Live is a conspiracy and didn't actually happen?
  8. Phrygen

Since when was DVS a VS team?

Also, these contests wont tell us anything significant other that futurecrew, nononsense and DVS have good players, until battle islands are in the game controlled environments are in the game.
  9. Van Dax

they rolled vanu to "have a chance"
  10. notyourbuddy

11. Phrygen

[IMG]

Hope it wasn't a ZOE thing though... Charge is really just as good for an escape mech and doesn't come with taking extra damage. Can't blame em for the infantry weapons though, I personally dislike most NC infantry weapons.

oh and @OP... why bring up "real money" event. It was $1000 dollars to 6 players. Gratz to the players but that is really a token amount as a show of appreciation and of things to potentially come.
  12. Van Dax

Just in case it was unclear I was actually quoting them not making a balance statement. And reading your edit: yes it was a ZOE thing.
  13. Phrygen

It was clear, don't worry. :)
  14. Czuuk

There was simply no fighting the purple stream sniping Zerg. And the first and second place winners did not get a curve ball to grind meat in a bio lab allowing them to ghost cap their way to victory.
  15. Ice

Best part is I'm pretty sure our FCRW guys didn't pull a MAX at all for their session.

My biggest gripe, and certainly one many others have brought up, is that the event was on the live servers. Multiple outfits were stream sniped, populations and continent territory was a toss up, and Jax would call a base to focus on 25 minutes into the session, which could clearly benefit one empire or another.

I didn't watch all of the sessions (it was VEGAS after all!) but I was impressed with a lot of the gunplay from the players there. Also meeting dudes in person was not bad either :) Boyer's got those curls you just can't resist running your fingers through...
  16. Phrygen

of course a lot of those players have skills. Some are former pro players i'm sure. Its just not that significant until its held on controlled servers/battle islands.

Its basically just for the people at the event.