Where did the other alerts go?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nregroepis, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Nregroepis

It seems that this has been changed quite a long time ago, there are only territory control alerts and I have not seen one bio-lab, tech plant or amp station capture alert since...hell, maybe over a year ago?

I wouldn't doubt that I missed something in one particular game maintenance/update thread. Iv'e been googling up about this and for some reason I can't find anything, there has to be a thread or website that shows something about this, there can't be none.

Anybody know why these alerts simply just... vapourized? Thanks.
    • Up x 1
  2. SwornJupiter

Not enough pop to make those sustainable. It ended up just being random ghostcapping on an empty continent which would decide the alert. The current one saturates a single continent, allowing for bigger fights to develop.
  3. CNR4806

The cross-continent alerts never made any sense anyway. It is either ignored by all but one faction, or spread the population frustratingly thin to the point that I would rather log out and come back later.

All in all, I'd say it's a good riddance.

And to answer your question, they were gone around the time continent locking via alerts was implemented.
  4. Pikachu

No biolabs alerts is a good thing.
  5. Stormsinger

On Emerald, during primetime... we have people complaining about 40 minute non-member queues for swapping continents, after which they are frequently booted to other continents when attempting to redeploy / respawn (Thank to the shenanigans / bugs going on with deploy changes) - Multi continent alerts would exacerbate the issue to a significant degree.