Where did the Connery NC go?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rovertoo, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Rovertoo

Scuse me, but could someone please get me the new Prime time for when the NC are on? I've never seen us populated less than TR before, so it's a pretty weird feeling. There were only two battles on the whole planet, one at a Hossin Amp station and another at a regular base. Plenty populated fights, but we just didn't have the manpower to do anything at either fight. We were pushed to the warpgate on all two unlocked continents.

Another thing I'd like to ask, and this happened when the VS had 25% pop most of the time (instead of the bizarre 45% that I've seen for the last month or so, but still happens now), but how do Connery VS win every alert? My guess is they just have a much larger communicative platoon somewhere, with a competent back capping group to top it off, but I swear they are stealth OP.
  2. Xervous

When I play around 8-12 EST, Connery NC usually has a sizable pop. Last night they were 48% pop on Hossin... (which of course meant there was nothing to shoot)
  3. starlinvf

Their too busy being outnumbered by disposable youtube lackys.
  4. Neo3602

I don't know, though they did win and alert a few days ago which is more than I can say for the TR.

From what I've heard the PPA nerf should bring the VS pop in line, perhaps the NC pop will stabilize again?

And yea the VS zerg rush on connery gets pretty old pretty fast, I play TR on Connery BTW.
  5. NotSoLoneWolf

I have heard that at night (or when an alert happens) 50% of all the NC go to their VS characters and Bulldog/PPA spam. In daytime, What usually happens is VS attacks either TR or NC (usually happens to NC), NC/TR try to defend, get their ***** handed to them by PPA and Bulldog Galaxy spam, and then theres a mass broadcasting of something like this on the command or orders chat: "Screw this, all outfits and platoons retreat and go fight the TR/NC, theres no point in this." Then VS steamrolls the undefended borders of both factions, and when NC and TR dont have a front to fight eachother anymore and are forced to fight VS, they all log off or go to another Continent.

TL;DR: Vanu Sovereignty just isn't fun to play against, and thus are practically unopposed, and when they do get some opposition, like when an alert happens, they pull PPA and Bulldog spam. Thus when an alert goes on TR and NC (especially NC) have learned to switch to their VS characters, making the server pop 80/10/10.
  6. Nerovox

BF4 Map expansion....
    • Up x 1
  7. Person7man

The PPA needs a nerf, but not that badly. It's absolutely awful against anything but light assualts and other light infantry, but since NC are notoriously disorganized on connery, they NEVER pull a vanguard to take out the Magrider with a PPA on it. I play VS and I have never seen a full health vanguard lose a 1 on 1 with a Magrider with a PPA secondary. The magrider is a strictly AI heavy tank... its weapons have no impact damage, but huge splash damage-aka the perfect AI setup. The bulldog isn't OP unless the gunner REALLY knows how to use it as the firing rate is slow, the mag size is small, and the range is poor. Plus, any faction can use it. Really the only reason the VS steamroll everyone so much on that server is because the Infantry fight the TR, and the armor columns push the NC, as none of your primary outfits (Recursion, ADK, v0c) are infantry based, not combined arms. Meanwhile FCRW, the Liberaiders, and Bellum Aeternus all have sizeable portions of the outfit dedicated to combined arms. Therefore, the NC plays into the VS's hands on every alert; by zerging with almost exclusively infantry, they become easy farm targets for just a few tanks who steamroll them unopposed, even though the NC's vanguard and AA MAX both have the resources to do so.
  8. Curanos

Part of the reason for the success of the VS might be due, in part, to the fact that at release, we were definitely the underpopped faction. It really wasn't until the ZOE came around in it's first iteration that our pop actually hit around 40% during prime time, and that was partially due to all the TR and NC coming in specifically for the ZOE. Until that point, we had to fight battles that were usually not int our favor population wise, so we had to fight harder and smarter rather than always rely upon zerg rushing. Now we got tons of players that experienced that time period, as well as higher pop, so we have both experience and numbers now. That's simply how I view it though. It helps that the NC seem to have attracted more of the individualist mindset people, which isn't surprising considering their lore. Tends to make them more disorganized as someone mentioned before. About the only time I see organized gameplay from them is when Recursion or Outfit X end up doing a gal drop on a base or sundy. Other than that... not much else to say about them. Although, I have noticed in recent days that the NC seem to be fighting the TR less during alerts and concentrating more on the VS.
  9. Sebastien

Is this some kind of **** joke.
    FCRW - MAX, Infantry, and ESF.
    Liberaiders - Libs, ESF, and like one sucka in a tank that thinks he's hot ****.
    Bellum Aeternus - I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound of PPAs and Bulldogs.
    • Up x 1