[Suggestion] Where are the infantry nature battles? The list of elements.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AuricStarSand, Dec 12, 2022.

1. AuricStarSand

The elements.

Tree field fights: I was titling the thread, " 200 regions & the only tree fight happens at Chimney Rock's right side? "

Ye Chimney rock's right side not even pathed to the point building, just over the wall, has the only tree fight for infantry I've seen. Where infantry get to run from tree to tree.

One base out of 200 regions. for tree fights : \ & that base isn't fought at that often.

Less someone wants to name another base that infantry tree fights happen at? Running from tree to tree few feet apart trees. I'm not able to. Where a main farm happens.

Shattered Warpgate had some purple trees players were a fan of, "space vietnam" tho it wasn't built for infantry, it was built for ant's & now non existent.

Hossin's vines: These aren't trees, vines don't hide soldiers. & the trees for hossins aren't hiding anyone they are tall. So the only " nature fight for infantry " for hossin is when you park to the right of Nason's B building. Near some boulders, then hop over some lil boulder ledge vines to shoot at the B building's vehi term parking area.

Most of hossin's boulders are ledges near Nasons & aren't used by infantry, most infantry run around the flat areas, A for example.

Hossin's treehut bases: Halycon Watch has my platoon get bored of. Not entertaining enough platform space. & the tree base that IS sweet " Hunter's Blind " I like Hunters Blind, is ignored due to outfits ignoring the link path.

Infantry Bush fights: Out of 200 regions, where's one region where infantry fight at many bushes, aka hide & seek? bush style? Zero. Zero regions have 80 field bushes.

Indar's Rock Bridge: Well speaking of environment infantry farms. This was deleted. When what players really wanted would be been nearer to adding a 2nd rock bridge hovering over the first one. Then add more mini boulders for infantry to run to when fighting at the rock bridge. & rock bridge ramps for harassers to flip.

If you return the TI rock bridge, players would want more rock bridges elsewhere as well.

Amerish Rivers: Amerish has a river stream near the bastion, how about a better rivers for infantry fights? Rivers the size of football fields?

The bastion stream nobody fights there. Moss ravine has some nice downtempo streams.

Grassfields: Oshur tried to have some grassfield fights. They were plain plots of land, with only one boulder per half a mile to walk to for infantry more or less. & not many trees. So ye Oshurs grassfields or open A holds aren't favorable.

The grassfield I really want to fight at more often is 40 feet south of Indar's TI.

Field Trenches:: nowhere. none.

Esamirs purple crystals: I don't know of a soldier fight where those crystals are used just for soldier fights. Sometimes LA use them around Advari South or Snowshear maybe. Still not a field for just them.

Boulder bases: Moss Ravine & Pommel Gardens.
    2 fan favorite bases. Yes Moss & Pommel are bravo bases.

If you wanted to make these 2 bases even better than they already are. I would make the entirety of Pommel Gardens have Boulders, instead of half grass & boulders, all boulder paths. & Moss Ravine only has boulder fights happen 1/10th. As someone has to park a sunderer above the base. Barely happens. More hill roads?

Solution. Add a 2nd B point to the top of Moss Ravine & toss Moss Ravine a 2nd link.

I'd also make other variants of Pommel Garden boulder path style bases, with more maze designs for infantry to get lost.

Oshur Waterfall: Infantry farm at a Oshur Waterfall mountain tunnel.

Mountain bases: Kwahtee mountain is super. & Centri Mining is soso.

Kwahtee is fine, brilliant base. I'd just get rid of the Amp Station nextdoor to it, so people travel after taking the base.

Centri Mining has some good fights, yet gets stuck at the stairs, may require a few more paths. The spawn room gets campers. & outside of centri mining is flat, shouldn't be a region for ant's.

Floor level Ewok bases: Shrouded Skyway is a fan favorite. Just the fights don't ever last enough. So requires more links. & I'd make way more Ewok style Wookie base designs similar to Shrouded skyway with tons of trees & wooden bridges. Football field shrouded skyways.
  2. AuricStarSand

Foliage hedge walls: BF2042 has foliage walls. MW2 doesn't really. BF2042 also has tree branches that sway from the wind of a helicopter nearby. If you watch Band of Brothers, after Normandy D day beach, & after the trenches past the beach. They then reach the village roads. & these village roads have tall bushes that aren't normal bushes. they are green hedge walls.

You may use hedge walls to past through them for hiding. Or you may use a more solid version for building green mazes. I'd say have both. Hedge walls to pass by them for hiding & moving amongst them & other regions with hedge walls for mazes.

Ascent caves: What if the Ascent cave has more tunnels & 6 more ways to flank from? Else caves with more flanks somewhere else. Would be amusing to have a cave network where you won't know where you're gonna get flanked from. Ascent cave has 3 flanks, so a cave with 6.

Sand Caltrops: Non tactical item caltrops already there for the sands of Oshur. Similar to normandy. & Wire.

Beach Bunkers: default dev made bunkers for beaches.

Sandbag sniper nests: Small sandbag sniper nests for any field fight that has hills.

Double Bridges: bridges with a 2nd bridge below the first bridge, for harasser jumps & LA.

I'd also give the north side of the Crown a 2nd bridge that links with the Palisade bridge. As nobody uses the palisade side bridge. & the north hill of the Crown is a hill trap. So a bridge that goes from Crowns northern vehi term start to wrap around the C ledge of Crown to then link with the middle of the Palisade's walkway.

Jumppads: I was going to make a seperate post for this, I'll just toss this here then. Why is Scarred Mesa the only base with sideways jumppads that benefit LA drift jets? I'd add sideways jumppads to multiple bases & a ton more than Scarred Mesa has. A base designed for fighting infantry mid air.

Jumpads are boring if they are just for to reach a destination. They are better used for mid air fighting & LA drifter jet warehouse battles.

Slides: I was trying to keep this thread element & not item environment based. Well slides sound entertaining. Shooting someone while sliding.

While were at it, where's those pocket item bounze items that help teammates scale the building without needing to be LA?

Airballoon zepplin: styled base that travels the sky & is shaped after hossin's treehut bases. Aka " Hunters Blind of the sky " for Oshur. So if people fall they fall to the water. A Air balloon wooden bridge base that hovers over seaports.

Esamir is tough to add terrain to that hide infantry: Star Wars the empire strike back, has these lone turrets that shoot the AT Walkers. For the snow battle. Maybe the devs give Esamir some lone turrets middle of nowhere here or there, that anyone is able to hack & destroy. Why must every turret be for bases only? So lone field snow turrets.

Harasser rock ramps: Ramps built from rocks. Sideways glide ramps. Environment flips.

Wheatfield 10 feet tall grass: For knifers. View the movie " Signs " & you'll know what I mean.

Sage Lab courtyards: More rune stone hedge type courtyards with 2nd floor round buildings around the yard with windows viewing the yard. Windowed grass yards.

Oshur's mid lake & underwater seaports: More kelp. Seaports may be too far from A. Mid lake is ignored still.

Mountaintop vista infantry fights: Open A point top of a mountain? Is their a open A point top of any mountains? With lots of clouds to hide infantry.

Storms: Wrel storm had good effects. Players weren't a fan of the debilitating stuff. So how about Wrel storm that buffs players? A positive Wrel storm?

One storm buffs players sheild recharge. Another storm gives infantry & vehicles more travel mph & run speed. Have the storms travel randomly, bounze the map, & not just magnify to the main battles.

Mad Max Indar sand storm. Rains fire meteors & sand.
    Fire meteors dealing dmg is fine, if it doesn't effect the entire radius. Yet just hits here or there.

Rain. Fog Storm.

Just hide infantry with the environment: is the short version.

Walk with fielded elements.
  3. AuricStarSand

[IMG]

So we had a sunderer parked at these mountainous hills for a good 3 mins. Till a enemy LIB swooped down & instanstly destroyed our sunderer. That's why I said " wut "

(Ally TR Sunderer position red dot). (Enemy NC sunderer is blue dot) (took this photo after the 12-24 verse 12-24 fight here, so doesn't show where everyone was positioned)

Yet just imagine 24 verse 24 running around rolling hills shooting down the slopes, was enjoying that, & wasn't the only one who was.
    We later had some lesser entertaining mountain ish fights around that tower base to the west of this region. Around B & C buildings of Granite Valley Garison.

Yet B & C of Granite Valley Garison, isn't even the same ballpark of entertainment of how vets would enjoy more nature field fights. Top of mountains for example. Around rolling hills. This is just a mountain ish example.

As if you take a ESF to where I circled on the photo & fly around there & imagine defending a parked sunderer corner of the map there with a 24 verse 24 infantry battle, you'll understand what I mean.

As for this photo region, most of the " infantry " fights are going to happen at the building, with a tank fight happening when traveling via the road, yet usually a mountain fight here never happens for foot soldiers.