Where are my mil-dots?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by AtomicConnor, Nov 25, 2012.

1. AtomicConnor

So, as NC, I decided that I wanted a shiney new 8x scope on my sniper rifle. I read the description: "Using a standard mil-dot reticle and 8x magnification in a circular scope, the NC's Albatross-Eight provides a solid advantage for long-range shots."

I bought the scope, only to find out that the description flat out lied, as the scope did not have mil-dots of any description. Just a circle, and a cross. That's it.

Then, thinking the 8x scope was a fluke, I went for the 10x scope. Who's description said: "The IO-10 by Infil0ptics is a favorite among sharpshooters due to its 10x magnification and easy-to-use mil-dot reticle."

So I bought that scope, and still, no mil-dots! It was the exact same bland scope with the only difference being the model that appears on the gun and the magnification.

Why is the game lying and saying that there are mil-dots on the scopes when there really aren't? This isn't a huge deal, but those dots do help a lot. Is this a bug? Is this lazy development? I have no idea why this is...

Are any of the other factions getting this as well? This definitely should be fixed in my opinion.
  2. Kich

3. bLind db

I'm not even certain if the game is programmed well enough for the mildots to be accurate for range-finding and drop purposes.
  4. m44v

yeah, the 8x and 10x doesn't have mildots, the 12x does, I didn't try the others. The descriptions of everything is lacking, SOE is cheap.
  5. Auditore1478

Been pretty accurate for me so far, playing overwatch.
  6. Frostttt

I have the 10x sight. It doesn't have any mildots, but I know that the 12x does, I think you just got real unlucky and bought the two that do not .. haha sorry man
  7. Uncle_Lou

The 8x and 10x scopes have been bugged since Beta, maybe a month prior to release they were broken. Lots of people pointed it out, many threads about it. As you can see, SOE was right on top of fixing it.
  8. Mkas

just wanted to say that I'm not even sure there is a difference between the 8x and 10x, i tested it and they both appeared to zoom the same amount >.<