When will grenades through spawn shields be fixed?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dgross, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Dgross

Been on the bug tracker forever.
    Never see any news about it, if it's being worked on, the status, etc.

Getting REALLY tired of getting spammed to death with nades INSIDE a spawn room at a bio lab.
    Ridiculous.
  2. HadesR

I think a Dev said that it's not a straight forward fix ...

I just hope in the mean time they are banning those that abuse it .. For once
  3. Archiadus

*Looks at the Darklight that's been bugged since release and then got broken some more a few patches ago*

It'll most likely become a feature eventually. :(
  4. DirArtillerySupport

You have insufficient privileges to throw your grenade through this spawn shield.
  5. CorporationUSA

They should make the spawnroom pain field an instant death until it's fixed. That would be pretty entertaining.
  6. Dgross

Love this idea.
    It's like an electric fence.

...but invisible. :eek:
  7. hostilechild

Prox mines and NC max due quite the number on these exploiters. But otherwise if your going to spawn room warrior i suggest flak!
  8. Atis

We are not picky, could do with roundabout fix, like making grenades appear exactly from chest, not in front of chest or adding second layer of shield so nades just stuck between them.
  9. Money

maybe when they finally do fix it, it will stop quick knife hits through shields also
  10. stalkish

Uhhhm, seems to me they need to give it the same treatment as they did bullets and tank rounds, the projectile appears from the centre of the screen.
    Doesnt matter how close you get to a spawn room, the bullets still hit the shield, as do tank shells. Im assuming this is because the projectile originates directly from your 'screen', which can never go through an enemy shield.

The fact that knives can go through aswel also suggests it has something to do with the projectile originating from the hand, which does actually go through the shield.

This is just pure speculation and / or conversation tho, i dont propose to know how all the code works.