When is VS max getting something..

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nenarch, May 14, 2014.

1. Maelthra

I wouldn't say nobody uses Aegis. I see Aegis all the time. Lockdown and ZOE not so much.
    • Up x 6
  2. LIKE A BOSS!

I'm fine with this if I get my old ZOE back :p
  3. Ronin Oni

Flak5 and pocket engie. Smart deployment to limit field of incoming fire.

I went on a 30 kill streak locked down with pounders only moving a few times (and only because I went below 50% HP and wanted to let Engie catch up on repairs before going back to my spot.)
  4. BillBoBaggins

It will make people actually think more when to pull a max and when to spend their resources.
  5. Stormsinger

Mobility is not a defensive stat, it's a defensive / offensive advantage, and one must take it into account, yes. I'm talking about straight mitigation in the event you take a hit.
  6. Devrailis

Aegis is a beautiful ability that doesn't quite work.

Lockdown is a terrible ability that works perfectly.

ZOE went upstairs with its basketball in season 1 and was never heard from again except via crypt references in passing. But some say that some day, in the Vanoo's greatest hour of need, ZOE will return.

SweetieBot <3
    • Up x 2
  7. \m/SLAYER\m/

then why i see a lot of VS MAXes at every good fight?
  8. Shockwave44

No, they need to change it.
  9. LibertyRevolution

ZOE is a joke now.. but at least they haven't nerfed my blueshifts like they did my mercies..
  10. Ronin Oni

because it still takes punishment... and the AI guns aren't bad... but let's be honest, LMG's and AR's kill faster at mid range. They're more suppressive in throwing a lot of lead into a tight space to make it extremely dangerous to leave cover. TR functions the same way. You get kills but it's more from the sheer amount of round put down range that it's bound to get a fair number of killing blows in a grind.

Generally, I prefer... basically any other infantry class unless we're trying to hold a point and need to soak fire.
  11. maudibe

Just got off Connery and the Vanu are really struggling :
    at 7:50 PM pacific west coast time the numbers were:
    % Vanu % TR % NC
    INDAR 34 40 24
    ESAMIR 13 47 38
    AMERISH 18 41 40

Add them 64 128 102

Kind of speaks for itself. Whats the point, you will never have a chance when your total pop is 1/2 of what other facations have or 3/5ths
    Off course it's not always like this but the days of VANU being overpoped at night are over. Worse still is when you are Vanu fighting both NC and TR on diffeent fronts and THEY ARE HAVING NO BATTLES BETWEEN THEM other than some ghost capping like the other night.
    I remember playing TR and using the Minichain gun and having to wait FOREVER for it to spin up before shooting, appearantly now it doesnt' wait. How about the NC God Saw, really? a gun that deals 200 damage (500RPM) and really needs a 400 round ammo pack, why? When the T9 gets 300 (143 damage-750RPM) 100 round mag, the Polaris gets 300 but only 143 damage, 100 round mag but the Orion only has 50 round mag with 143 damage-750RPM. The Flare and TR (TMG50) guns get 167 damage (577RPM-Flare-same for TMG) but no higher and the Flare and TMG has 75 rounds in its mag but.....only gets 225 ammo pack (300 for TMG) WTF? since you get to do more damage you cant carry 300? If thats true WHY get 400 on a 200 damage gun? and hold 100 round mag. Or why have the Minichain gun do 800RPM and have 100round mag AND carry 400 rounds and not suffer the lag time to spin it up and thereby losing every close encounter to gain that death dealing power of a MAX suit. The Max only does around 400RPM so both guns deal 800 rounds per minute when added together.and the mini chain and Max only does 143 damage.
  12. minhalexus

I personally think that the NC max makes the most out of all 3 ES abilities.

I really dont think that any 'experienced' VS max will use the Aegis shield if they had access to it. (neither would TR maxes)
    Why would they use it?

I dont know exactly how strong ZOE gets in terms of Damage, but if it increased my damaged output just enough that I can take down a max with slugged scatguns, I would definitely use it occasionally on my NC max. (if I had access to it)
  13. Ronin Oni

:eek:

That's not how percentages work man.

What you need is the world server % (it would be some avg of the first 3 %'s, however since each set of %'s is of a different overall % of the servers total pop they have different "weight" to the avging) which is easily obtained from the map screen, or from the character select screen.
    • Up x 1
  14. MostlyClueless

If it confers a defensive advantage how is it not a defensive stat? This sounds like weasel words to try pretend that Lockdown doesn't make you a sitting duck for rockets.

So moving kept you out of danger? Then it's a defensive stat. C'mon now.
  15. Vixxing

ZOE WILL get you killed for sure against a scat-max, you take 30% more damage while doing like 10% more up to 10 metres... (scat-MAX-purple-SNAX)

If i had a Shield though... THAT i would use against a SCAT-MAX....
  16. Goretzu

That's because Aegis is the most visable thing in the game (so everyone notices it), and it looks good (so some use it because of that) - performance-wise it is very much so-so compared to Charge.
  17. Maelthra

And turning into a bright purple disco ball isn't at least equally as visible? I agree that Lockdown, on the other hand, isn't nearly as easily identifiable.
  18. EliteEskimo

I"m pretty sure ZOE is terribad in almost every imaginabe situation, and Lock Down is good in such a pathetically small set of situations that most people just have charge on unless there is a consistent funneled farm that doesn't show any signs of letting up at levels of the Persians Vs the Spartans. ZOE is noticeable because you glow and turn into a purple Super Saiyan, as is a Max leaning forward awkwardly while being a complete statue (most people move around a good deal in their Maxes to avoid rockets). I will agree that the Aegis shield Max attracts the most attention and just look awesome.
  19. Loeffel

ZOE was far OP when it first appeared in PS2. Now it could use a slight buff - So I agree with you in some way.
    Anyway.. Any TR or VS Max is superior against a NC MAX if you stay at range if you get to close they pown you! But thats what they made for... And thats why NC need the shield for! (Its very buggy btw. and its still not fixed -.- )
    The shield is by far the easiest ability to use - I give you that but compare to any other TR or VS stuff its good that NC has some easy mode as well.
    You just need to learn how to use your MAX abilities. For example - ZOE mode is quit devastating to Air or Infantry - Using it against other MAXs is not always the best option ;)
  20. Goretzu

It is, and I'm not saying that ZOE (now) is used much.

However Aegis is vastly visible (so people always notice it and remember it being used) and it looks impressive too (which makes a lot of people that don't understand how flawed it is use it or try it).

When you come to look at how much it was actually used though it was around the same rate as lock-down, performance-wise it is not as good as it "looks" (Charge is better in most situations).