When is VP system going to be removed?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Uranoob, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Uranoob

Alright, so it was approved on PTS and everyone was pretty happy with it.

After the first few weeks of implementation, we can clearly see that it was a huge failure - rampant ghostcapping, even more intense Indarside, hugely uneven continent pop, alerts that don't matter, and near impossibility of locking continents.

When is this ridiculous ******** going to be removed??
    • Up x 2
  2. Cheetoh

It won't. It's basically a cash grap by DBG before the game is shut down. Think about it.

Where do we play 80% of the time now?

Indar and Esamir. Both are primarily vehicle continents.

Where does the game offer the most opportunity to make money this late in life?

Vehicles (land and air) through all the weapons and cosmetics.
  3. FLHuk

I like it.

As a 45 yr old I now have no bloody idea what is going on with cont lock and no inclination to learn.

It's a happy surprise when summit locks :D
    • Up x 4
  4. TheShrapnelKing

Let me get this straight.

Everyone *****ed about how the game had no purpose or point.

Now there is a victory condition and you're complaining.

**** off.
    • Up x 13
  5. Cheetoh

I will say this. Before the VP system, there was no reason not to play an alert. Now, there's almost no reason to play an alert. Logging in and seeing you're down several VP points changes how you play. People are either ghost capping or looking to farm one of the "good fights".

If someone can show me objective based game play has increased with the new change, I'd love to see proof because I haven't seen it in-game.
    • Up x 3
  6. Scr1nRusher

Holy cow look at this guys shady account.
    • Up x 1
  7. Imperial Sect

The problem is, no one shows up for the alerts. I play on Emerald and the vast majority of the time one faction has a massive pop on one continent and the other continent is a different faction, and whatever faction isn't ghost capping is almost non existent, usually the TR.

The new system is bad, very very bad.
    • Up x 2
  8. Scr1nRusher

Its not.
    • Up x 3
  9. Goretzu

I don't think it needs to be removed.

They do however need to work out how to limit off-peak continent locking and ghost-capping with it, as this is a big problem that has had the unintended effect of ressurecting Indarside from beyond the grave......... and that has degraded the game a lot.

There must be someway to weight VP conditions against populations on the continent (and indeed server) to make this possible.
    • Up x 2
  10. HappyStuffin

I'll be honest, I have no idea how the victory points work myself either and only a slightly better idea how continents lock. I've never really cared about that stuff as long as I can find a good fight. I just like to run around and shoot people.
    • Up x 1
  11. Pelojian

they need to fix control points so you actually have to have someone on foot in the hex to be able to hold the points as an attacker. because ghostcappers just come along in an ESF cap the points and fly off to another empty base to ghostcap and then repeat.

as long as people don't have to commit to attack and can just wander around capping multiple bases per 1 person ghostcapping will be a serious issue.
    • Up x 1
  12. Pirbi

You just don't understand this game's meta: Complain about what everyone else is doing as you don't contribute either and just farm directives.
  13. \m/SLAYER\m/

Continent lock and VP points - it supposed to be good feature, but it absolutely non-interactive, it ignores population, it not punish ghost cap, and it changed nothing - now we play same 2 continents for longer time.
    passive certs removed = no reason to login every day
    alerts reward removed = no reason to stay till it ends
  14. Goldmonk

I'm actually okay with the VP system. It gives more options to capture a continent other than "Zerg the other teams so hard you warpgate them"
    • Up x 1
  15. Eternaloptimist

VP system has changed the dynamics of the game in a way that I personally like. Fights in different places than normal, for example. I like continents staying open longer, when that happens. I never much cared for Alerts (any more than I do for VP to be honest). BUt I do like a nice choice of mid-size to big fights. Sure I see more ghost capping but then allies deploy and get them back sometimes. It's strategy isn't it?

We could do with more of that. Last night some of my faction pushed past a biodome to attack a base that would have cut the enemy held dome (and a triage station) off from the lattice - making reinforcement harder for the defenders I think for when we follwed up with an attack on those two bases. But some of my faction went for the dome instead and we lost both attacks by splitting our forces. Missed opportunity. I know this anecdote isn't about VP but anything that encourages strategic thinking (even if it is ghost capping and how to counter it) is something I welcome.
    • Up x 2
  16. Cheetoh

An alert used mean something. You had two hours to make the right calls and the continent would be locked.

Decisions mattered. Leadership mattered.

Under the VP system, none of that is as important anymore and is contributing to population decline.

The alert reward went from the glorying of locking down a continent to the game throwing a couple of VP points and a dab of XP your way.

It was also easier to commit to the old alerts, whereas now it takes several hours (or more in Indar's case) to lock a continent. Most people don't have that kind of time nor do they understand what it is they need to be doing. So, they log in, work on their KDR, play as an Alt if their main's faction is down several VP points, or grind some directive and leave. Before, players would still do those things, but not during an alert unless you wanted to lose.
    • Up x 1
  17. Crator

Alerts do contribute to locking a continent. It just isn't the only thing that contributes to it anymore. I like that to be honest. There's more things you have to now to win a continent now. Does everything have to be so cut and dry?
    • Up x 1
  18. LodeTria

I like it. I've been fighting at bases normally wouldn't get any attention because people want to push to the warpgate to get that VP.
    Even on indar I've fought more in the SW area more than the rest of my planetside career. I guess there is motivation to push to those bases rather than before where there was literally none.
    • Up x 1
  19. PWGuy93

Initially I was against victory points. Now that it's been out a little bit I am appreciating it more.
    Fights are bigger, fights last longer, the ghost capping is an opportunity to play to that focus when I tire of the big fights.
    Alerts as altered by the VP system aren't the issue they were, they don't lock the map like they used too and players don't all pile on the alert continent as they once did so play and population actually feels a little more balanced across continents.

I have been enjoying the play more than I did before the victory point system.
    • Up x 1
  20. Who Garou

"Zerg the other teams so you hard you warpgate them" wasn't a victory condition until the VP system was added.

Though if one side was truly "warpgating" another side with the new VP point system, they probably would be well on their way to locking the continent.