when is the update(prowler with the siegebreaker) coming out?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by typnct, Apr 18, 2018.

1. typnct

didnt find any info as to when its live
  2. FLHuk

Patch notes.... "No ETA....." for the top gun

• Up x 1
  3. typnct

yeah thats the only info i found :D

ahhhh this game could use side dev's(that work for free like in Space station 13) as a community based game
    although some might think it'll make a clusterfk but ss13 is still alive and well from the only dev's - the community with an update every few hours daily for the last few years(more than 10 year btw - awesome game i really suggest it though im might seem weird at first and hard to controll!!!!)
  4. TheSunlikeOne

Releasing MR12 Siegebreaker for prowler without releasing AF-V1 Paladin for vanguard and Aurora LRB for magrider would've been unfair. So... it's not coming out in the near future.
  5. Daigons

Most likely never since it's not a Infantry weapon.
  6. frozen north

Probably gonna be a bit, and given that it doesn't appear to be a great weapon ( essentially a gatekeeper basilisk hybrid), means I am perfectly content to wait.
  7. typnct

actually it would be totaly fair... the only viable weapons that the mbt can take into battle as anti tank is
    vulcan
    halberd

aaaand thats it...
    vulcan is good in close range but it wont save you in any other range
    halberd... well its an ns weapon so everyone has it
    gatekeeper... yeah, just no and i think i dont really need to explain this one

so for the meanwhile a medium range weapon will be a good addition instead of the gatekeeper

if i had a choice i would completely remove the gk from the game if that makes you feel more possitive about getting a new weapon as the gk is a complete failure
  8. TheSunlikeOne

Now compare GK to Enforcer and you'll find you that "Gatekeeper isn't that bad after all". Plus, if one faction is getting a new weapon, then it's only fair if the other factions get their as well.
    • Up x 1
  9. typnct

i did compare these two in the past
    gk - 183 dps
    enforcer 300 dps
    btw halbert - 200 dps
    the gk lose at all ranges, has extremely bad accuracy + hard recoil for the effective range
    also - 1 miss and your dps as gk goes to sh*t and you will miss about 2 3 shots every volley

why do i even need to compare these two?
    the gatekeeper is under all secondaries ive ever used and id rather leave it blank as it would at least make the tank profile lower rather than be a vase on the top

if you really think the gk is good then try talking to people about the gatekeeper
    and think about the last time you died to it
  10. LordKrelas

Each Side has only two practical AV options.

If you start releasing ES equipment for one side only, at a time, you end up with the expectation.
    Let alone if the other side ES gear is meant to handle, or balance out said ES gear just released.
    Imagine if this was done with the new ES SMG's, and LMG's.

Gatekeeper needs work, but you can't release a new ES weapon for TR, without NC & VS.
    Let alone if NC & VS's gear was meant to balance out or match TR's new weapon in some other field.
    It would be like releasing a new MBT primary weapon for NC, that has new capabilities
    -- without releasing TR & VS 's guns with similar. Until the release, NC has an advantage hard.
    After the release of them, however NC's could've been the worst of the set, but only with both other sides equipped.
    Making it likely nerfed, or demanded to be, when it preformed piss poor.

So, in the end, it wouldn't be "fair"
    It would also be poor in business sense, in addition to balancing.
  11. typnct

as i said, remove the gk completely
    then it would be fair
    and call it a change for the gk

solved
  12. LordKrelas

So TR is down an entire weapon, that is Long-range, for what looks like a closer-range weapon
    Rather than adjust the LR-AV, you'd lose the weapon type entirely for something else...
    Without later complaining that the NC & VS have not only more ES weapons, but longer ranges?
    Yeah no.
    I rather the Gate-Keeper be reworked again, and TR not be down an entire ES weapon when the full set is released.

Long-term, you want to keep the Gatekeeper, since it can be adjusted.
    As well, it means the new TR weapon is being compared to the new VS & NC weapons, rather than being adjusted entirely against the present only
    - which would likely end up akin to if the VS LMG was released without TR & NC's, as it would look broken as hell just due to the lacking ES counter-parts on the other sides.
  13. typnct

the gk can be adjusted later on when they know what to do with it so it can be useful but for now it has no strategic value and i see long range users usually run with AA equipment because the gk wont save them in a close encounter and wont help them in long range as well

for now there really isnt anything you can do to save the gk but to change the weapon to the new one imo

this will save tank combat for a while untill they could make the new vs and nc weapons that are comparable to the gk as he is now even under the basilisk at all ranges due to its lack of design

anyway the new siegebreaker is more like the old gk versions than he is now due to its good firerate and not a full burst of its mag(which is a better option from the start)
    people are running halberts on their prowlers because they lack any other weapon to use at the gk's range and its a better solution for now

so in conclusion this can be changed with ease and solving your problem isnt so hard - release the new gk with the new counterparts as a fixed version due to its lack of practical non gymmicky use
  14. DeadlyOmen

The problem with introducing new content is that the forums will cry about it instead of discussing uses and countermeasures.

Start being players and watch the new content flow in like a river.
    • Up x 1
  15. LordKrelas

You do realize, that if we use that Logic, there would be no deployment of new use-able objects..
    As it would be whenever, resulting in each being nerfed into oblivion due to the other side having no comparable object, since theirs wasn't released yet.

The Original Gatekeeper was an OP monster.
    So I suggest not implying the new TR weapon is a return to that state.
    As well, the new one had some serious rigging issues last time it was on PTS
    So, it's not only wise to release all 3 at once (so there is no unbalance due to absence issue), it's likely to ensure all 3 actually work... and likely be more sane given they aren't being rushed out.

Halberds are used by all 3 factions quite commonly.
    As it is generally a better solution for all 3 sides.

So no, releasing one side's ES weapon, let alone robbing TR of an the already limited count of ES weapons, is just not bright in the long run, or short run.
    It would likely be incredibly poorly recieved by both sides logically, as they would be lacking their own ES.
    Let alone if the weapon is good, in which case it would be like if the new ES LMG's released with only VS's LMG.
    Which would make it look far superior than it is, just since it is the only one released..
    And lead TR into looking favored...

Just wait for the other ES weapons to be finished.
    It also means the random-*** Prowler ES ability changes won't be affected by a new weapon, so that it can be tested & easily noticed as incredibly niche (more so than before), and impractical..
  16. typnct

tr has 2 viable weapons
    the vulcan
    the halberd
    thats it

nc - 3
    vs - 3(though i dont really like the vulcan equivalent as it feels abit lackin on the magrider)

so by your logic we need to wait till we have 3 viable weapons in tr and 4 in every other... yeah
    i promise you they wont change the gk to be more useful than a vase on the tank unless they remove it for a while to rethink about it
  17. LordKrelas

The Gatekeeper used to be murder OP, the two variants of it went below sub-par.
    NC's weapons have had similar issues, as have VS's, but neither side nor TR, has even gotten their toys first & without the other two receiving theirs, the backlash would be immense.

As well, NC & VS can equally complain about their weapons, and claim they need to gain their ES weapons for whatever, ahead of their opponents.

They changed the Gatekeeper from Op, to middling, to hilarious.
    They've changed other weapons from **** to moderate, from murder to ****.
    Either way, ES gear is rare, and not handled out for one side in advance..

It creates a massive scene, and opens the door to excuses to why "Faction" should get their "new whatever" before the others to be "Fair" since "TR" got their new gun..
    VS can complain that their Phaseshift is crap, would that mean they could've gotten the new ES SMG, while NC & TR don't, for ages?
    If that happened, imagine just how more severe the Unstable-Ammo would've looked.
    As nothing else could even be compared properly, due to each weapon being special in features.

If the new Vehicle weapons are anything like it, they won't just be straight clones of the original weapons.
    They'll change meta hard: Would you really like TR to be hit by a Nerf-hammer hard-core on their gun when it could've been perfectly fine if compared to the other two new guns?

I know I would prefer to avoid the faction "favortism" spats, the impossible comparisons, and being shafted hard for getting the only ES weapon by VS & NC.
    VS already complains hard-core, they don't need fuel either.
  18. typnct

its not favoritism its just that the gatekeeper is the most useless weapon prob in the game, i think i got more kills in less time using a crossbow with smoke bolts and killing people using flashbangs than the gk(which trust me, ive tried for a few days till i had enough)

the gk was the greatkeeper and was nerfed hard - which it deserved but this hard? from extremely powerful to utterly a vase on the tank? hell, its a cert trap for everybody - buy it once and never use it again

any other counterpart either has high dps or high damage per mag
    which the gk is
    lowest dps
    lowest mag
    extremely long reload
    1 mag dump
    low accuracy
    hard drop

do you still think its not fair for the other nation?
    i'd like to change the nc and vs counterparts to the gk and see how they like it
    because trust me id rather run flat on the turret
  19. LordKrelas

It looks like favoritism, when one side gets their Toys ahead of the others..
    When no one has ever gotten that, even with their crap sucking hard.

Considering it was a extreme-range AV, that fired a massive barrage by itself, that could level targets... yes.
    Did they nerf it too severely: Also yes.

VS has the same case with ZOE on their Maxes: It was incredibly lethal. and was nerfed hard rather than re-worked.

When do they get their Weapon ahead?

How about NC? You ever try using the ES Pistol?
    How about the NC Railshot or whatever Sniper rifle (I haven't pulled my NC's sniper rifles in a bit)
    It has a firing delay.

How about the massive amount of certs easily gained by the severe advantage these weapons had over everything?
    They got nerfed yes: Each side has had something like that.
    No point, making "special" cases now, which each side qualifies for it.
  20. typnct

Ok if you think its favoritism then imagine this
    How would you react if the enforcer had 2 shots with 0.7 sec delay between shots and 3 sec reload?
    Feels like a strong weapon to have eh?
    Im sure you would like it