When I click nothing happens

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by PipBoy3000, Jul 5, 2014.

1. PipBoy3000

I install this game again, and when I try to play it, it doesn't launch the game at all. I am using steam and I went to properties and validate the game cache (if that's the name of such) and nothing so far.

P.s. Oh and yes, I have install it over again and try to shutdown steam and nothing still.
  2. YashaX

Hi OP, I just went through the same issue. In the end I found on the forums that this has been an issue with the game for a while and that renaming the exe files so that your computer runs the 32 bit client fixed the issue for me. Here is the advice I followed:

“First start planetside but DON'T press play
    Next Go to your c drive and get into the directory USER, my SOE is installed under Public. Get into the SOE directory where you can see launchpad, planetside2, planetside2_x64 and planetside2_x86.
    Rename planetside2_x64 to planetside2_x64xx
    then rename planetside2_x86 to planetside2_x64.
    Then go back and press play.

Your game will run in 32 bit. I also have to do this every time I play because the 64 bit gives me an error. A total pain that SOE has had so many complaints and still has not fixed the problems with the 64 bit version.”

Note: The file location will vary depending on where you installed the game.

This is the thread I found the above fix in: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...run-the-game-again.184264/page-5#post-2787913

Hope that works for you.
    • Up x 1
  3. ironeddie

I don't know if it's still the case. But it used to be inadvisable to use steam game validation on ps2. That could muck it up. Validate ps2 with it's own validator found on the launcher if you click on the cog icon.
  4. Ripshaft

Ps2 is NOT A STEAM GAME - Steam has no idea what files ps2 needs, that's why there's a launcher! If you try to validate using steam it just deletes the game and reinstalls the base launcher, so that the game can install itself.

As for your problem, if I had to guess based on the information given, I'd say you're either not describing significant symptoms, or it's a firewall issue, and the game cant connect to the server when it tries to start - though this should open a browser with an error if you wait long enough. Also if you leave the launcher open for too long the play button often fails - though I'm hoping you've closed the launcher and reopened it lol
  5. PipBoy3000

@YashaX Thanks a lot this actually fixed the launch problem.

P.s. Thanks and thanks. I thought this game was broken lol
  6. PipBoy3000

eeeeh... screw this!, this game IS BROKEN I did what u told me and it still gets me the same problem every time I go out game and back in.
  7. YashaX

Yeah, you have to rename the file everytime you play, its kind of a pain.
    • Up x 1
  8. Paulus

No, Steam is trash when it comes to PS2. Install the non-steam launcher and play it like the rest of us, most of the rest of the Steam playerbase have done the same. This isn't an SOE issue, its a Steam issue.
  9. PipBoy3000

@Paulus Thank you also. I will try that then.