When/how do you get the weapons needed to complete the Exceptional directives?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Badman76, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Badman76

Is there set times when these weapons come available or is it at random? Weapons like the Jackhammer AE or Phoenix AE

I really liked working towards getting the Heavy directive completed (apart from the getting the 1000+ AT grenade kills) but now i've completed it Im looking for another challenge and I really like the look of Black Camo so i thought I'd give the Exceptional Directives ago.

tbh i've never look out for them in the past at the depot
  2. pnkdth

The AE are the Anniversary Editions.
  3. TRspy007

AE is the anniversary edition, meaning they will only be available usually in November if the devs want. Exceptional are "exceptional" and can only be bought using DBC. Some exceptional will never be available for purchase again, the gold smgs or the NS regards for example. The only exceptional weapon I know that can't be bought is the modified underboss given during alerts.

Usually exceptional weapons are available to buy during holidays (Christmas, Halloween..) or Planetside 2's anniversary usually for the whole month of November.

Good luck with that directive!
  4. Badman76

Oh, Blast, looks like I'll have to wait and see when they come up in the depot then. Thanks guys anyway!

Looks like I'll carry on with the LMG directive, I've done the gauss saw and only need 100 kills for the anchor, but im not a huge fan of the other lmg's. I might try the ns 15m2, it's the only lmg I have purchased yet
    • Up x 1
  5. TRspy007

NS 15 is great, promise and gd 22 are good as an NC

The em6 is also a classic
  6. pnkdth

EM6 with extended mag is one of my favourite HA setups ever. You do eventually have to reload but almost no one expects you to be able to keep firing for that long (200 bullets with the 167/600 damage model, yum yum) and will charge you (often with a side arm) with the believe you will reload. It is also very useful in organised squads since when being revived you can immediately start firing with your primary. Plus, if you are good enough to keep going it is an amazing point hold/push weapon.

If you happened to be an above average player (or better) you will become a wrecking ball, much like how the BG is a farmtastic weapon. Much in the same way I managed to auraxium the Flare very quickly despite lower DPM and DPS.
    • Up x 2
  7. vonRichtschuetz

AE (anniversary edition): A new anniversary bundle gets added every year. The anniversary bundles have been available during the christmas event too.

P (platinum): Usually available for a code, for example NSOPS2019 for the Tengu.

Golden SMGs: Rewarded when having bought the game before it was f2p (or something). Maybe there are still codes around.

Event weapons:
    - Some can be bought for Certs, for example flare guns or some knifes.
    - Some can be bought only for DBC, for example "Jackpot"-Decimator.
    - Some are rewarded for completing event directives, for example LB00 Python AP.