When did you first switch factions?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Planetdoge, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Planetdoge

Or make an 'alt' of a different faction, that is. What faction did you switch to and how did you decide to do it?

Even though I've been playing NC exclusively up to this point and just recently got over BR 34, I feel like I'm at that point right now where I'm ready to be Enlightened and join up with the VS. Maybe it's just a case of "grass is greener" but there's just some little things that are getting to me about the NC lately. For example, the Reaver's cockpit view is a nuisance; it's hard for me to remain aware of my surroundings when the window frame obscures half the screen. The Scythe's cockpit view, on the other hand, just feels so clean and the aircraft itself looks so purty. The VS weapons seem like they're able to consistently strike a happy middle ground between the TR and NC's traits (ROF and damage) and get the best of both worlds, while also adding the VS' own advantage of fast reloads. The LMGs are amazing. The weapons and character models also seem more aesthetically pleasing than the other factions'.

Well, there's my rant. Purple spandex, here I come?
  2. Killuminati C

I'm NC from Genudine,then we got merged with Helios and when we were about to merge with Connery we had a Server event where a bunch of outfits made alts on Connery to bolster the underpopped VS.

I then made my TR alt when they became the underpop post ZOE release and after the striker and vulcan/harasser got nerfed.

I primarily play my TR now as the NC pop goes through the roof during the day and the VS population explodes at night. And I don't log depending on who has the most OP thing at the moment. I've never certed into ZOE and I don't have a vulcan on my harasser fyi (though these have both been heavily nerfed and are no longer OP).
  3. LT_Latency

NEVER!! TR for life
    • Up x 1
  4. gigastar

Back in times immermorial, i was a TR player.

Then i made a VS alt, and then decided to main VS just in time for the Magrider to get butchered, and for HE Prowlers to begin dominating the game.
  5. Trudriban

I was TR at the height of all of Mattherson's hatred for their glorious leader and hated how the toxicity of the faction turned my former friends into total D-bags, so I hopped ship while I still could. I would have joined VS if their guns didn't feel so weak and if their playerbase wasn't like the rest of GOKU at the time what with all the ****** spam and trash talk, so all that was left was the NC who were struggling but still held their own from time to time

Within a week the whole "GOON switched to VS" thing happened and LWTX collapsed, leaving the NC with nothing but zergfits and tacticools. Then ZOE *lightning* was released. I'm a master of timing
  6. SiosDashcR

Started out as NC at the beginning stages of Closed Beta (August 2012). Got teamkilled so often by Vanguards running me over that I upped and left and went TR in September 2012. I've looked back many times as I do enjoy the NC play style but I'm BR 100 now. I have a family here (of friends) and these are my people.

I do however have a BR 5 NC that I have but only used once. I like NC guns and gun play MUCH better than TR. ;~;
  7. ManualReplica

Started as NC, have stayed as NC.

I had a VS alt called ZOEMAX that pretty much only used ZOE back when it was hilariously OP just to prove a point to the folks on my server.
    Been playing a bit as TR too, but haven't really felt interested enough to do much with that.
  8. SenEvason

I started as TR and played that for a while. I then made NC and VS alts, but didn't do much with them. A few months later, I made a new NC alt, and I've been playing that for the past while now. I'll hop onto my VS alt sometime after I've gotten pretty far as NC.
  9. dstock

I started as TR and made alts when they upped the passive cert gain to 48 a day. Been farming those freebies ever since, and actually playing the characters now that they have some gear.
  10. LIKE A BOSS!

Once I realized how unorganized most of NC Matherson is Switched to VS and never looked back.
  11. Planetdoge

What? They did that? :eek: Why did they have to change it back to 12...
  12. dstock

It hasn't changed. Subscription bonus @ 6 months is +300% passive cert gain. I don't know what the lower tiers reward.
  13. ChampagneDragon

FYP.
  14. ChampagneDragon

My main is NC. I was 100% NC until the very end of PS1, and throughout beta. I took over our armor company and we were REALLY struggling with the vanguard. One day I made a VS alt so I could find the weakness of the magrider. It worked. Then on to TR for the "research".

Since I lead so much, and am involved in so much of our outfit business I will log onto either alt for some solo play. I think I have joined a squad twice as VS, and once as TR. Every once in awhile someone on VS will recognize my voice and I cringe. I like the anonymity.

My NC is almost BR 88, VS 45, and TR 45. I think I play too much ;)
  15. Planetdoge

Oh I thought you meant without membership.
  16. Bankrotas

You'd wish.

I switched factions on december 17-18th 2012 from VS to NC, cause I couldn't handle VS weapon sounds and NC ones sounded so good. Also Rock Traitor Shotgun bunch seemed way more friendly and fun than Rock Planet Shotgun bunch.
    • Up x 1
  17. ZeroErrorz

when starting the game, tried all three and pick the hardest one (NC FTW)
    • Up x 1
  18. Hibiki54

What are these other factions you speak of?
    [IMG]
    • Up x 5
  19. KnightCole

About BR 24 as a TR I got tired of dying to guys who I had put like 20 rounds into....then dying with them at a sliver of health...time and time and time again.

I went to the NC side where I fired about 10 rounds and people died. It was shocking.

My opening moment as an NC was outside an Amp station using the Gauss SAW attacking a big rock with guy on it. Totally stock NC6, BR 1. Got like 6 kills in pretty short order. Was sold on the NC almost instantly. Ofc I kept deleting the NC as I tried to figure out how I wanted to really cert my toon...until finally...KnightCole left the TR for good to search for a gun he could fire at the enemy and NOT leave them laughing themselves to death.

I do now have a BR46 TR, I do ok as ive L2P PS2, but NC is still my fav faction.

Ofc I shoulda learned from PS1....in my quest for the BFR, my TR had all the base caps, my NC had 50/75 kills required. The NC guns kill better.
  20. Crayv

The very first day of launch, I made an NC and a friend told me he preferred TR due to them having chainblades (yes, really). He mostly stopped playing not very long after long due to the lack of Stalker cloak and I kept playing TR. I still messed around with the other 2 factions to get a better understanding of them but eventually another friend of mine started playing he likes NC. So I have been playing mostly NC the last couple of months.