What's your Favorite Implant?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by eldarfalcongravtank, Oct 12, 2014.

1. eldarfalcongravtank

my favorite has got to be EOD HUD (tier III). i run it on many Engineer, Medic, Heavy and Max loadouts

not only is EOD HUD insanely helpful to detect explosives both as infantry and tank driver! it's also very informative when an enemy tries to set up an ambush via C4 or anti-personnel mine, you can just flank him from another route or let the thing explode in his own face. it saved me countless times already. i even feel it's a bit too useful hehe (compared to other options)

so which implant is your favorite? which one do you use the most? and why? or do you use none at all?
  2. -Synapse-

Whatever makes them look bigger :|
    I don't really use implants much personally, though I've used safe landing in a few select circumstances.
    • Up x 1
  3. Yeahy

Usually regen because I hate burning medkits.
    Awareness works wonders in vehicles and maxes, though I'm too cheap to run it.
    Enhanced targeting feels great to used even though it really doesn't effect performance.
  4. Borsty

EOD Hud on the engineer when using a tank. Regeneration I for everything else.
    • Up x 1
  5. DrPapaPenguin

Regen all the way.
    • Up x 4
  6. SenEvason

Battle hardened for all that explosive spam. I main Medic, so regen isn't all that useful to me.
  7. Saool

Depends on the class and the load out. For short range sniper (Ghost), long range sniper (Phaseshift) or close range infiltrator set ups it's regen. For long range sniper (Parallax, V10) it's hold breath.

For everything else I use Battlehardend.
  8. Paragon Exile

Definitely EOD. I use it 24/7 on my MAX, and it's basically the only implant I use. It has saved my *** dozens of times from fairies trying to bait me, and AV grenades.
  9. Axehilt

Useful implants (in order of how often I take them):
    1. EOD3. Most frequent implant I use due to a lot of vehicle play (though I should be running EnhTarg more when I fly, where explosives aren't a threat.)
    2. Regen 3. Used for most infantry loadouts.
    3. Enh Targeting. Used for other loadouts as it helps me count shots against people (but ends up being somewhat rare that I take this.)
    Implants that suck (and why):
    1. Marker. Doesn't refresh spot duration. I hoped this would be useful with weapons that require lead time like flak, where you prefer not to look directly at the target because you're busy leading it to land shots. Unfortunately the spot will frequently fall off, making this implant rather useless.
    2. Awareness. Just not enough value to auto-spotting enemies who damage me.
    3. EMP Shield. This would be fixed if EMP ever became useful against infantry. Although EMP has some limited uses clearing enemy radar and mines, its direct effects on players are pretty useless apart from a minor psychological factor.
    4. Counter-Intelligence. Again not enough value. Compared with the other implants, it's just not worth it to know when you're spotted even if it's actually a really handy thing to know. Plus players are attrociously bad at spotting anyway, which makes the limited benefits infrequent in actual use.
    5. Sensor Shield. The walk-only requirement here prevents it from being viable. Granted, I think that radar immunity is strong enough that it should be a defensive suit slot rather than an implant, since that creates a more interesting (and balanced) tradeoff.
    Everything I left out is situational but occasionally useful (safe landing, hold breath; although I'm not sure about hold breath...)
  10. SenEvason

Did you forget battle hardened, or is it filed under occasionally useful, and if the latter, why do you think so?
  11. Whatupwidat

^^ This
  12. Rikkit

As gunner in a vehicle: enhanced targeting (to know which tanks is going to die soon is great)
    normal Infantery gameplay: Regen T1
    g2A, enahnced targeting (i prefer to shoot on esf, that are going to die, (i hate it when when they can fly away))
    • Up x 1
  13. Oguska

I just hate that it need a battery life time to run a one.It's drives me mad to look that battary timer, so i don't use them.
    • Up x 3
  14. z1967

I just leave it empty. Because of that I have 100 something chargers and 20 super chargers. Maybe I should use them, but I don't wanna :p
    • Up x 3
  15. LodeTria

I use Enhanced targeting when tanking, so if a enemy vehicle is near death I can put the main barrel in to something else whilst my gunner finishes off the other thing.

For all infantry it's Regen 1. Not having to rely on medikits or Medics for heals is great if i'm playing it safe.
    • Up x 1
  16. LibertyRevolution

Safe landing 3.
    It makes the game feel much more scifi when I can jump off a landing pad and take no damage.

EOD hud 3 is also great for when there are guys dropping tons of claymore for directive kills...
  17. NoctD

EON HUD for ground vehicles and general MAX, Enhanced Targetting for Burster MAX/AA and piloting air vehicles, and Regen for infantry combat. Battle Hardened sometimes on a medic if I have the nano regen and not shield regen.
  18. DFDelta

Regen 1 (if with C4 or mines) or Sensor Shield (if with medkits) on everything.
    EMP Shield on Stalker and Antistalker loadouts.
  19. LibertyRevolution

I find awareness is also good at getting enemy snipers dead.
    Sometime I will just let them hard to find ones kill me so my team can take them down.
  20. Dracorean

I kinda like range finder implant to better land my shots in my tank, though the energy cost on it is so much for what it does..

I personally think that the regain implants are quite powerful, I use lvl1 and it works wonders, EOD is quite useful too, in my light assault I do like the safe landing one, given how sometimes I get hurt by it given how high up I fly around as one.