What's your experience with the nerfed Gatekeeper?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ArmorMan, Apr 24, 2017.

1. ArmorMan

I'm a prowler driver since 1 year (old account) and i find the post-nerf gatekeeper a viable weapon anyway, but almost every random gunner that i find refer to it as the gaykeeper while complaining on how bad it became. What do you think? Should i change it? Do you think it will become even worse with the PTS changes going live?
  2. Eternaloptimist

Hardly ever see or hear a GK nowadays. Not sure what would be the best choice as most top guns are going to be changed. I almost hestitate to say it but the default Basilisk (not being changed IIRC) is starting to look more interesting.

I'd hang on and see what comes out of PTS when changes go live- maybe try out a few in VR training before deciding whether to sink certs into something else.
  3. Campagne

Don't see them too often anymore, but when I do they're sitting on a hill 300 meters away easily spamming a sunndy down to debris.

Currently in my opinion they still have too much range for such a simple and easy to use weapon. If PTS were to go live without further changes, I honestly don't think my would actually differ in real gameplay.
  4. ObiVanuKenobi

Right now it is bad for sure and Halberd is better. If the current PTS patch goes live all secondary weapons will be bad but we'll see which one is the least awful, Gatekeeper seems usable on PTS but it's not a long range weapon anymore.
    • Up x 1
  5. Kristan

It was overnerfed. PTS version looks better, but more like just additional fire support. For harassers it's going to be terrible.

But yah, Halberd works better right now.
    • Up x 1
  6. JobiWan

I used to love using it, now it's near useless. Halberd is best IMO but that's heading for ruination too.
  7. Daigons

Two thumbs up for the Gatekeeper on PTS. It has a good feel to it.