What's up with the triple loading screen?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by WilliamB, Dec 24, 2012.

1. NovaAustralis

But it is bloody annoying...
  2. PsyStorm

Have all of you guys modified your .ini files?
  3. Cymoril

I
    Its been happening since Ive been playing the game. I figured this was all apart of the "big" picture. I dont leave Indar. So the continent thing isnt an option for me, just different spawn locations.
  4. Azzer

I get it fairly often, and I've never modified my .ini files.
  5. Stainlesssteel

Sorry my post before was not complete ...there was the same problem in beta and discussed little ....i cannot find the original post anymore but i wrote down the steps to fix the problem...
    u have to delete the following files from the PS2 directory...

Planetside2.exe
    UserOptions.ini
    SoundSettings.xml
    Loadingscreen.xml
    InputProfiles.xml
    vivoxoal.dll
    vivoxsdk.dll

Than run the launchpad and repair the game files... as i said in BETA this was a fix as long as u did no more changes in options or whatever the 3 times loading screen was fixed.. i dont know if its still work and i cannot test it by myself because my game crashes like crazy...i will reinstall and test it than ...
    Maybe someone else remembers the original post or trys it out....
  6. MGP

For the moment i thought they've fixed this bullsht. But no. Still here. Good.
  7. Hawkins

Still having the Tripple loading Screen, not all the time but often when deploying from one base to another further away.
    Get's very annyoing when you spawn at a Sunderer, hear Gunsounds after the first Loading screen and know you are dead because of 2 more Loading Screens...
    I did not have this problem at the Launch in November, happened after some Patch in December i think.
  8. Zakuak

Yeah I'm still seeing it...I can live with it though, sounds like they got bigger fish to fry.
  9. TShantar

I've had the three screen loading happen when the first place I was going to spawn in (usually a sundy), gets blown up, then the reload cycle starts again, and the next location is blown up or taken over, reload starts a third time, then I finally arrive. How do I know things died? I've checked the map and the spawn locations were no longer there (destroyed-sundies or spawn beacons, or taken over for base spawn points.)
  10. MGP

THIS FCKIN TRIPLE LOADING SCREEN IS FCKIN ANNOYING!
  11. Madmojo

With the needs reinforcements spawn option this happens all the time now. Certainly seems related to how far and how busy it is at the point you choose to spawn.
  12. MaxDamage

It's irritating but I don't think it adds to delay much. Just seems like some noobery.
  13. Vorenius

Yeah, this is still a constant issue for me.
  14. Reloaded

I just had this happen again last night. I was at Peris amp station, and hit redeploy. I chose Regent rock from the menu, and once the timer was finished, I got the triple loading screen. 3 different images, each going to 100%, this time fairly quickly through each. Time for loading varies, I'm guessing based on the distance to the place you choose to spawn as that's how it normally works. I believe I was engie, and nothing out of the ordinary. Was told to spawn at Regent Rock, hit M for map, clicked redeploy, waited for countdown, chose Regent Rock, bam 3 load screens. So far this is the first time I've seen it since the patch, so IMO it has been reduced as it happened pretty much every night before, at least once but usually 3-4 times. Now I've put a solid 5-6 hours in and it's only happened once.
    • Up x 1
  15. TomoB

Seems that triple load screen occurs almost always when I deploy somewhere far away from my current position. Like, from center of the map to warpgate at the corner -> triple load.
  16. Renegade444

I've seen some triple load screens. Can't say when it first happened. I've been playing since beta and I don't remember if there was a time when it never happened. I have no association with any activity to it because I never worried about it. There are so many truly game breaking bugs to work on that if this takes a back burner, we're likely better for it.
  17. Wastebin

yep, the bug is back after a week or so, it is completely random. it also happens when spawning closeby
  18. Inzababa

yeah

now do some maths (just for fun).

let's say it adds 4 seconds.

I've died 8256 times.

That's 33 024 seconds or 550 minutes or 9 hours of my time spent loading again!

seriously :D

and yeah, I HAVE died that much .. http://www.planetside-universe.com/character.php?stats=inzababa
  19. PresidentFreeman

Still happening, still annoying, happening every other respawn after the latest patch for whatever reason.
  20. Kurohagane

But you don't get it every time you respawn.