What's up with the triple loading screen?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by WilliamB, Dec 24, 2012.

1. BenYeeHua

And don't give BANANAS to their master, just give to them.;)
  2. Madmojo

Also, probably don't know the leaderboards or region chat haven't worked since beta, either. How am i not surprised?
  3. Xeaon

Has there been any progress in fixing this bug? It's the most annoying **** ever :/
  4. NovaAustralis

Well I'm trusting CyclesMcHurtz posts and assuming they'll implement the fix in the next patches.
  5. Vortigon

Anyone else shocked at the fact we have to tell them about huge widespread longstanding bugs like this????

Don't they play their own game??? - obviously they don't or they would be all over this weeks/months ago - shameful
    • Up x 1
  6. IamSalvation

I sometimes get a 5x Loading Screen!

But most of the time its still 3, think they have to work on this, ... a 10x Loading screen would be EPIC!
  7. Zakuak

LOL
  8. CyclesMcHurtz Code Monkey

We tried that, but the feedback from internal play-tests were not favorable for the 10x. The 5x is a rare item drop.

And now more seriously:

We actually knew about this effect already, before the thread was started. The view from "the outside" (those of you who are not developing the game code) can see this as a single thing, but actually "multiple loading screens" have had several different causes (movement glitches, camera bug, loading-screen logic busted, etc). We fix them as we find them, and this next update should address a couple of the causes we've found for this.

The reason some of these take a little while to find is you can't usually catch these kinds of bugs by stepping through code (the normal way to test your logic when coding). The systems that interact and cause this are heavily dependent on timing of events so we track these down with extra data logging locally. Checking, adding more logs, reading logs, changing code, repeat ... which takes a little more time than your more "ordinary" bug.
    • Up x 11
  9. Arcanum

Well, it doesn't affect everyone constantly. Doesn't affect me constantly.
  10. TomaHawk

Last night it finally happened, triple loading screen that delayed my drop onto a cap my side was taking and I landed just after the points were given out.

I am officially done with this and would like it fixed. This didn't start last month, either. It's been around.
  11. Arkha3

This only happens to me maybe once a day, if even that. Never saw it as a big deal. The issue could be hardware related
  12. Peebo

Uaually happens to me when I spawn at a base maybe anything more than 3 hexes from where I'm currently located. It's like it's trying to sync my character with the game world.
  13. Gammit

Kindly shove it
    • Up x 5
  14. ScrapyardBob

That's approximately what I'm seeing. Any time we re-deploy back to the warp gate, a deployed sunderer, or a spawn tube at the squad/platoon waypoint, it will show up. Seems to be about 3-4 hexes distance that triggers it.
    • Up x 1
  15. gobbybobby

It adds like 5-10 seconds to the drop in time. Its hardly a game breaking bug!
  16. TomaHawk

5-10 seconds, each time. It's only happened to you once, I take it?

It's not a game breaking bug, but any bug that alone costs you points you otherwise would have received is at least irritating.
  17. Stainlesssteel

There was this problem in beta already i have triple screen too ...and i have it fixed when i run the repair tool in launcher but u have to do a full repair that includes the resett of all ur changes in graphic voice sound etc... as long as the game runs on total standard settings its all fine... when i customize resolution or sound it starts again...

Can someone else test this ....if it works the problem has to be found in the options ..i think....and i hope it helps
  18. PsyStorm

You might be onto something here. Now that you mention it I noticed this more after I started playing with my rendering settings and renderquality in the .ini file. I am using renderquality =1.41000 and 5 for ultra stuff under the rendering section. Maybe there is more to load hence the delay. Will test if I have time tomorrow.
  19. gobbybobby

I get it maybe 2, 3 times in an evening, its provides a great opportunity to have a sip of beer! There are other game breaking bugs like the flickering, random crashes, some may even be related to this bug, which I think should be tackled first!
  20. TomaHawk

I get several per session, beyond the point it irritates me. It's happening too often. Lump in those other bugs like random crashes and it's too much, imo.