Whats the most veristile weapon for LA?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by TomDRV, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Iridar51

Yeah, like I said, I have yet to test if compensating for biased recoil results in smaller bullet spread than balanced recoil.
  2. Varamis

Personally I feel what the OP is asking for is an impossible weapon that does not exist.

Carbines designed for CQC that can hold up against SMG's (criteria #1) simply won't be as effective or versatile as other carbines at medium to long range.

Especially at 60 meters (outside almost any Carbine's Effective Range) (criteria #2)

The fact that the OP started that the suppressor attachment is mandatory simply makes any Carbine's effective Range drop to around 40 meters. Even if you are using a longer range carbine with HVA, (which won't stand up to SMG's in CQC) you won't be winning many 1v1's against any HA or Medic that can aim.
  3. Zerran

My advice would be to use the default Trac with a laser and 2x sight. No muzzle attachment. Suppressors ruin your ability to fight beyond short ranges (and really, the benefit is pretty small as long as you keep moving, which you should be doing anyway), flash suppressors are completely useless, and a compensator screws up hip fire accuracy for a small improvement in V recoil, which isn't hard to compensate for manually with the carbines.

All three default carbines are the best choice (imo) if you want a good all-round weapon. They won't beat a specialized weapon in its ideal environment of course (head to head), but you can do anything with them, and you should be avoiding head to head fights anyway.

Really though, a suppressor is not mandatory for flanking, even in close ranges. If people don't notice your gunshots, laser bright tracers, and their dead ally, they aren't too likely to notice your little minimap blip either. Even if they do, by the time they get to where you were, you can easily be either long gone, or in a nice position to kill them as they come looking for you. A suppressor also becomes rendered completely moot if anyone spots you, or if there's an infil spamming darts nearby.
  4. Verenz

All the 3 factions have 1 god gun which rules all competition within the category:

1. NC have the Carnage to rule all assault rifles (by a reasonable margin).

2. VS have the SVA-88 to rule all lmgs (by a small margin but it is definitely the best).

3. And TR have the Jaguar, TR carbines put the other carbines to shame anyway (the TR traits just lend themselves v well to carbines), only the serpent and maybe the razor can compete in very specific situations. The Jaguar puts all TR carbines to shame - a flat upgrade to the trac-5 and a clear winner against the lynx when compared to it.

If you aren't happy with the Jaguar then I would suggest that you drop the category and go for an smg, because you are insane if you cannot tell how amazing that gun is. VS and NC would kill for that weapon.
  5. Iridar51

So I ran around some more with my shadowflight setup - T5 AMC, double grip, suppressor, HVA.There's hardly any bullet drop at all.
    I find this build very good at medium and long range. I was mostly in a bio lab, so I frequently stumbled upon enemies on close range, but usually it was I who noticed them first, because of the suppressor masking my minimap location. All I had to do is change position once in a while and hide in a cover every so often. And with this gun, if you shoot first - you win, because of suppressor masking muzzle flash it's hard to find LA with eyescan.

I very much liked using the most ancient defense wall - the distance. On a roof of the bulding in a biolab, only other enemies who can engage you are other LA, and T5 AMC at range simply outclasses anything you would usually see used in a biolab.

In a fair 1v1 in CQC it was around 50-50, which is quite good for this gun. T5 AMC has reasonable hip-fire within 10m or so.
    I haven't really used suppressor before that, but I still think that T5 AMC is one of the best guns to use the suppressor on, for obvious reasons.
  6. Mxiter

The most versatile TR carabine?
    -Trac5-S: good ratio ROF*recoil (especially with compensator), HVA or SPA and all UB guns.
    -Jaguar with foregrip: good ROF, good moving hip firing COFs and 0.75 ads move mult for CQC and decent recoil+accuracy for mid range.
  7. Copasetic

Jaguar, although I find myself using the AMC a lot more. I just love that gun.
  8. Megaman3300

T5-AMC out for CQC? My friend, a T5 with a suppressor, adv. grip, 1-2x sight, and no HVA is second only to the NC SMGs in terms of headshot capability.
    Although I don't like the weapon AT ALL, I'd say that the NS7 is currently the best all-around weapon for LA during the current game state. It's stupidly accurate at the ranges that LA is most proficient at, has a hipfire good for 30m with adv. laser sight, and has decent bullet velocity. Although the Jaguar technically outclasses it, the trusty Jag (I love the weapon btw, it's my favorite gun) falls flat on its face with reload speed, having the worst reload BY FAR of any carbine in the game.
  9. Megaman3300

I respectfully disagree with your assessment that flash suppressors are useless. They're extremely useful when fighting at night in a large-ish fight, and they're useful when you're using a 4x scope and single-shotting-3x bursting your gun.
  10. Kyouki

If you are comparing the NS-11C to a carbine based on versatility then compare it to the Trac-5 S. They are both jack of all trades guns with almost the exact same attachments.
  11. Kerbang

I run with the TRAC 5S with 2x Reflex, Suppressor, UBSG and Soft Point Ammo. It lets me get kills at pretty much all ranges using a flanking playstyle like you described. The UBSG is handy for when you know you're going into a tight room. I used to run it with IRNV but found the x2 Reflex to be hugely useful because v of the fast ADS switch and extra zoom. I run with a Flash Grenade to help when clearing rooms.